Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

18 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Plus Berwick are absolutely rotten, they have won about 1 in 15 and have little quality. City have something about them.

I agree about City, but I think if we can keep winning, they are the more likely to be caught. Only 2 games left at home and they play each of the top six teams in their remaining seven games and we have a game in hand over them. If we were to win Saturday and Tuesday and they lose both away games, we are only 4 points behind with a game in hand. some big ifs though, but possible.

Surely Berwick will pick something up from 6 home games. We all have to play teams at the top, so no real advantage in terms of who we all play, other than Edinburgh being away most of the games.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seven wins from eight matches. Played some good stuff first half Tired a bit in second half,understandably but managed to see it out. Every player including subs gave 100 per cent , well done. Just when I had concluded Bollan hadn't a clue he finds the winning combination

Great effort from Cowden to win back to back games after such a long run without a victory. Confidence such a massive factor and those wins should do your players a power of good. I recall Alloa coming back from being 12 points adrift at the bottom of the Second Divison in 2005/06 but our improved form was coupled with Dumbarton absolutely collapsing and leaving the door open for us. Clearly Cowden would need something similar. Even if that doesn't happen, a wee run of wins obviously makes for far better preparation for the play-offs. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

Great effort from Cowden to win back to back games after such a long run without a victory. Confidence such a massive factor and those wins should do your players a power of good. I recall Alloa coming back from being 12 points adrift at the bottom of the Second Divison in 2005/06 but our improved form was coupled with Dumbarton absolutely collapsing and leaving the door open for us. Clearly Cowden would need something similar. Even if that doesn't happen, a wee run of wins obviously makes for far better preparation for the play-offs. Good luck!

Cheers Waspie.

3 hours ago, big al said:

I agree with the boys who think berwicks our target. Yes they beat us but they are garbage.

I thought Berwick as well until I looked at the fixtures remaining.

Maybe both teams, but the main thing is we need to keep winning.

10 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Well done on win last night cowden and as I said before mind hand sheerin back at end of season lol

We need to keep him. Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

20 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Plus Berwick are absolutely rotten, they have won about 1 in 15 and have little quality. City have something about them.

they've taken nine points off us this season unfortunately and that's whats really cost us dear

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

There's going to be a feature on Cowden on tonights STV News.  Cameras were down filming today.

Sir Alex rules

17 minutes ago, big al said:

It’s unbelievable the 9 point difference between us is down to those 3 games. 

Sir Alex Ferguson.jpg

2 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Seen the bit on STV last night.  Quite a good segment and CC came across well!

How did the meeting go last night?

I thought it was all pretty positive considering.

the board need help, man hours, volunteers etc and of course to raise more money. They have ideas, especially for more community and local business engagement, but not enough people to implement.

it all comes down to the fact our fan base is so small and only a certain percentage of fans are willing or capable to do such things I guess.

the end game for me is if the stock cars joined up with Lochgelly. Central Park could be flattened and a new community hub with compact stadium could be built and the rest of the land houses built on it.

the likely hood of all that happening can’t be great at the moment though.

they briefly mentioned they are delighted for Keltys progress which is admirable.

My take on it is that Kelty in the seniors is another nail in the coffin for us having another senior club 2 miles away. I already know of some Cowden fans who have been to games/ hospitality and if they continue to have success those numbers won’t decrease anyway and casual fans who like football will maybe take the odd game in there instead of us. 

Anyway, we need all the Cowden fans to be at the games, a lot have been staying away and it’s massively not helping.

1 minute ago, big al said:

I thought it was all pretty positive considering.

the board need help, man hours, volunteers etc and of course to raise more money. They have ideas, especially for more community and local business engagement, but not enough people to implement.

it all comes down to the fact our fan base is so small and only a certain percentage of fans are willing or capable to do such things I guess.

the end game for me is if the stock cars joined up with Lochgelly. Central Park could be flattened and a new community hub with compact stadium could be built and the rest of the land houses built on it.

the likely hood of all that happening can’t be great at the moment though.

they briefly mentioned they are delighted for Keltys progress which is admirable.

My take on it is that Kelty in the seniors is another nail in the coffin for us having another senior club 2 miles away. I already know of some Cowden fans who have been to games/ hospitality and if they continue to have success those numbers won’t decrease anyway and casual fans who like football will maybe take the odd game in there instead of us. 

Anyway, we need all the Cowden fans to be at the games, a lot have been staying away and it’s massively not helping.

Thanks for that Al.  I must confess that I've been awful this season in terms of getting down to games this season. Once my wedding is passed I'll have more time to get down and help out anyway I can.

Archived