Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

8 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

He is away to the wrong place. Last I heard St Kitts & Nevis  were playing a friendly in Armenia8)

Yeah, but we won't be looking for a player of international standard, so it won't matter.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I hear he is off to St Kitts & Nevis to look for a new striker.

It would be a good gig if you could persuade the chairman at a club. Spend the summer travelling the world 'looking' for potential recruits.

So we currently have - 

GK - David McGurn

DF - Jamie Pyper, Scott Rumsby, Shaun Rutherford

MF - Fraser Mullen, Harvey Swann

FW - 

We've heard nothing about the plans of the following players -

Jamie Sneddon

Gerry McLaughlan

Kyle Miller

David Syme (released from Raith so a free agent)

Burton O'Brien

Gary Glen

Matthew Rooney

Cameron Muirhead

Out of that list I'll be surprised if we can keep Sneddon and Syme and would expect to see Gary Glen move on at least. 

Just now, The Minertaur said:

So we currently have - 

GK - David McGurn

DF - Jamie Pyper, Scott Rumsby, Shaun Rutherford

MF - Fraser Mullen, Harvey Swann

FW - 

We've heard nothing about the plans of the following players -

Jamie Sneddon

Gerry McLaughlan

Kyle Miller

David Syme

Burton O'Brien

Gary Glen

Matthew Rooney

Cameron Muirhead

Out of that list I'll be surprised if we can keep Sneddon and Syme and would expect to see Gary Glen move on at least. 

Syme has officially been released by the Rovers.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

Syme has officially been released by the Rovers.

Excellent - I'll be shocked if we can get him signed for another season as he was a bit part in our improvement towards the end of the season.  Actually surprised Raith haven't given him a chance. 

I read that Miller is set to sign on for another year as well.
Rooney, BoB and Glen must be punted.

Wouldn't be too hasty in dismissing Rooney. St Mirren were interested in him recently but think he got injured.

I would keep Rooney. Haven't seen much of him, but from what I have seen, he plays very much like Carrick.

Need to get Muirhead back on board.

Money will be tight this season (like every other season). Can we afford to sign someone who managed half a game in half a season and no one really knows what he is capable of? Bit if a risk but I guess if he comes through pre-season unscathed and looks okay in friendlies then perhaps. Based upon last season we would be mad to sign him.

Who was that irish lad Jimmy Nic signed then disappeared off the face of the earth? Sammy Stewart?

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Money will be tight this season (like every other season). Can we afford to sign someone who managed half a game in half a season and no one really knows what he is capable of? Bit if a risk but I guess if he comes through pre-season unscathed and looks okay in friendlies then perhaps. Based upon last season we would be mad to sign him.

Who was that irish lad Jimmy Nic signed then disappeared off the face of the earth? Sammy Stewart?

Aye it was Sammy Stewart. Scored away to QOTS in a 2-1 defeat if I remember right.  Actually didn't look that bad a player when he did play but only managed about half a dozen appearances.

I'm sure Rooney will be given pre season to see what he can do.  He looked alright for the 10 minutes I saw him against Arbroath :lol:

9 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Aye it was Sammy Stewart. Scored away to QOTS in a 2-1 defeat if I remember right.  Actually didn't look that bad a player when he did play but only managed about half a dozen appearances.

I'm sure Rooney will be given pre season to see what he can do.  He looked alright for the 10 minutes I saw him against Arbroath :lol:

Aye I was there - a tap in from 0.5 yards. Great moment.

4 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Aye I was there - a tap in from 0.5 yards. Great moment.

Aye in the last minute of the match.  Probably the highlight of his career.

Archived