Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

The boy Court who has been released by the Rovers is surely worth a call to see if he fancies a pre season. Assume he is local and has had good reviews every time he has played for Raith but chances have been limited. He will be hungry to be a success to show Raith they were wrong to let him go. John Cunningham - released by Alloa - another one who could be use in this division.

Ryan McCord - released by Arbroath - lazy b*****d but one you try to convince to come and build the team around. Likely Montrose bound.

There are plenty good players out there but getting value for money is the difficulty. Guys like McCord are probably outwith our reach but he definitely wouldn't mind dropping down a division as he strolls it in League 2 and enjoys that role by all accounts.

With a lot of juniors going EoS there may be more of an appetite for some of them to join the SPFL that didn't exist before. Plenty good players at that level - better than the majority of what we have anyway.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

The boy Court who has been released by the Rovers is surely worth a call to see if he fancies a pre season. Assume he is local and has had good reviews every time he has played for Raith but chances have been limited. He will be hungry to be a success to show Raith they were wrong to let him go. John Cunningham - released by Alloa - another one who could be use in this division.

Ryan McCord - released by Arbroath - lazy b*****d but one you try to convince to come and build the team around. Likely Montrose bound.

There are plenty good players out there but getting value for money is the difficulty. Guys like McCord are probably outwith our reach but he definitely wouldn't mind dropping down a division as he strolls it in League 2 and enjoys that role by all accounts.

With a lot of juniors going EoS there may be more of an appetite for some of them to join the SPFL that didn't exist before. Plenty good players at that level - better than the majority of what we have anyway.

Aye, there are plenty players who,on paper could do a job for us  that’s why scouting is so important (remember our two dud strikers this season) 

If only we could find another Mbu or Stewart.

On 15/05/2018 at 19:09, Drifter said:

Now there's a thought. And one I'm so happy all you genuine fans can still have after surviving that scare once again at the weekend!

I'm not used to posting much on here so wasn't sure how to reply but I loved you piece about your trips to Central Park ! Pretty much summed up the feeling I got when I finally managed to get there for a game last season. Lost 2-1 to Arbroath but at least I got to see a goal. Then off to Wee Jimmies before heading back afterwards for the Stock cars. Surreal and wonderful trip.

Unfortunately couldn't make it back this season and had been a bag of nerves until the great escape.  Been following the Blue Brazil for about 42 years from way down in Surrey (I am a supporter of a lesser known team in blue with the initials CFC as well ;) )  Wish I had more people I could travel up with for next season.

It's quiet out there, too quiet. I don't like it. Quite a few ex Cowden players amongst the released. Surprised to see Robbie Thompson let go by Falkirk. Steven Thomson released by Berwick caught my eye,just the kind of physical player in midfield we have been lacking Always seemed to play well against us,too. But I suppose if he's not good enough for Berwick

1 hour ago, iateallthepies said:

It's quiet out there, too quiet. I don't like it. Quite a few ex Cowden players amongst the released. Surprised to see Robbie Thompson let go by Falkirk. Steven Thomson released by Berwick caught my eye,just the kind of physical player in midfield we have been lacking Always seemed to play well against us,too. But I suppose if he's not good enough for Berwick

It’s been like this for several seasons. We always seem to be playing catch up. Has anyone re signed or been released?

[emoji38]

14 minutes ago, clyde_darren said:

We (Clyde) have signed him.

He was decent first season with us then seemed to lose confidence last season. Definitely not a ball playing centre half but on his game he’s a capable defender.

Archived