Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

It's easy to say in hindsight that he shouldn't have played but we needed him in those games.  He was unlucky to get a booking. 

He couldn't have picked up an earlier booking as he received 2 bookings in the space of 2 games.  He was booked in the 3-0 loss to Montrose on the Tuesday before the trip to Peterhead.  There is literally nothing the management team could have done to manage this better than they did other than not playing him at all when we still had a chance no matter how slim.

I respect your opinion, I really do, but I’m not having it. You don’t get booked unless it’s a goal saving scenario in a game that matters. It’s not hard to play with the head and not get booked.  Blaming refs s no good either. If there’s 1 player I would have guessed would pick up the booking to get suspended, Mullen would be him. I wonder why?

anyway, sorry for going on about it, it just infuriates me.(can you tell haha)

we need our best 11, and everyone really at their best. Anything less and we have no chance.

10 hours ago, big al said:

I respect your opinion, I really do, but I’m not having it. You don’t get booked unless it’s a goal saving scenario in a game that matters. It’s not hard to play with the head and not get booked.  Blaming refs s no good either. If there’s 1 player I would have guessed would pick up the booking to get suspended, Mullen would be him. I wonder why?

anyway, sorry for going on about it, it just infuriates me.(can you tell haha)

we need our best 11, and everyone really at their best. Anything less and we have no chance.

Oh I agree that it's a nightmare him being out but I really can't stress enough as to how soft a yellow card it was at Peterhead.  But we'll agree to disagree and focus on the coming weeks.

I'm feeling majorly pessimistic going into these matches.  East Kilbride I was confident against last season but I'm dreading this weekend. Gilfillan needs to be playing the whole 90 minutes and leading the team while Pyper needs to be on top of his game.

12 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Oh I agree that it's a nightmare him being out but I really can't stress enough as to how soft a yellow card it was at Peterhead.  But we'll agree to disagree and focus on the coming weeks.

I'm feeling majorly pessimistic going into these matches.  East Kilbride I was confident against last season but I'm dreading this weekend. Gilfillan needs to be playing the whole 90 minutes and leading the team while Pyper needs to be on top of his game.

Yip there’s a real concern about how good Cove are. 

I would go 

mcgurn

pyper gilfillan rumsby swan

buchanan miller Malcolm cox

smith

sheerin

4-4-1-1

hopefully we play with belief and show Cove no respect, get right in about them and play to our strengths.

sheerin and smith been quiet recently. Need some quality from smith and lots of his intelligent movement off the ball and beyond Sheerin. Also need some mad 20 minute bursts from Sheerin again where he show his tremendous appetite (for the game)!! 

Malcolm has to play in the middle 

Please look out for official details of bus leaving Central Park at 10:15 on Saturday to Inverurie and back. £12pp better than the train or car plus chance of a beer when you get up there. 

Let's get a decent crowd up there in the first leg of one of the most important matches in the history of the club. 

25 minutes ago, big al said:

I would go 

mcgurn

smith

sheerin

4-4-1-1

hopefully we play with belief and show Cove no respect, get right in about them and play to our strengths.

sheerin and smith been quiet recently. Need some quality from smith and lots of his intelligent movement off the ball and beyond Sheerin. Also need some mad 20 minute bursts from Sheerin again where he show his tremendous appetite (for the game)!! 

I think how well our midfield play on Saturday is key. Buchanan needs to be more involved, without doing anything stupid though.

8 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Please look out for official details of bus leaving Central Park at 10:15 on Saturday to Inverurie and back. £12pp better than the train or car plus chance of a beer when you get up there. 

Let's get a decent crowd up there in the first leg of one of the most important matches in the history of the club. 

Is it a 50 odd seater? 

1 hour ago, big al said:

I would go 

mcgurn

smith

sheerin

4-4-1-1

Cox was fired up on Saturday. He was like a Tasmanian Devil, but he risks getting sent off if he is not careful. He loses the rag and clearly gets frustrated and vents his anger, but shouting at other team mates only works if you are not making a mess of it yourself. Pyper shouts, but he is more encouraging when he does it.

We need to give support to Sheerin and not just lump hapless balls up to him. If the midfield don't impose themselves on Saturday, we will be in for a torrid time.

7 hours ago, PELE said:

Cox was fired up on Saturday. He was like a Tasmanian Devil, but he risks getting sent off if he is not careful. He loses the rag and clearly gets frustrated and vents his anger, but shouting at other team mates only works if you are not making a mess of it yourself. Pyper shouts, but he is more encouraging when he does it.

We need to give support to Sheerin and not just lump hapless balls up to him. If the midfield don't impose themselves on Saturday, we will be in for a torrid time.

cove can play a bit but will be more than happy to be physical and nasty if they need to be

If Cox plays on the left and Redford starts RB for Cove that is where we will win the game.  HIm and Watson are good players but not getting any younger so getting the ball on the deck and running at them is the key to success - they will be happy to battle and head the ball all day but wont want genuine pace and directness.

4 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

If Cox plays on the left and Redford starts RB for Cove that is where we will win the game.  HIm and Watson are good players but not getting any younger so getting the ball on the deck and running at them is the key to success - they will be happy to battle and head the ball all day but wont want genuine pace and directness.

Not so sure Cox offers genuine pace and directness, although he’s still on the left in my team.

4 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Muirhead, Sheerin and Reilly upfront then, with Cox in behind them.

Archived