Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

Anyone know why we always kick towards the Station first half? Remember my father telling me we always used to do the opposite. Just about every other team kicks towards their own support in the second half. At CP we’d have the sun and any wind behind us.

Maybe a moot point but we need all the help we can get and what we have been doing so far doesn’t work.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Anyone know why we always kick towards the Station first half? Remember my father telling me we always used to do the opposite. Just about every other team kicks towards their own support in the second half. At CP we’d have the sun and any wind behind us.

Maybe a moot point but we need all the help we can get and what we have been doing so far doesn’t work.

Maybe they should do it in the second half. Remember something similar being done in the championship by swapping the dugouts to the other side of the pitch not sure if this was to try and change our luck though as might have been to do with something else. 

Certainly should be open to all sorts of ideas as having not won in the league since August isn't good enough and absolutely embarrassing for the club. 

Only positives to take are the players put in real effort yesterday but to be critical you have to win your games. Draws are not even good enough as we are now cut adrift with the likes of City managing to pick up points. 

We can forget about catching Clyde and must beat them next week although Cox is absent. He needs another striker who can support him up front reckon. 

Fingers crossed next Saturday is a win finally 

16 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Maybe they should do it in the second half. Remember something similar being done in the championship by swapping the dugouts to the other side of the pitch not sure if this was to try and change our luck though as might have been to do with something else. 

Certainly should be open to all sorts of ideas as having not won in the league since August isn't good enough and absolutely embarrassing for the club. 

Only positives to take are the players put in real effort yesterday but to be critical you have to win your games. Draws are not even good enough as we are now cut adrift with the likes of City managing to pick up points. 

We can forget about catching Clyde and must beat them next week although Cox is absent. He needs another striker who can support him up front reckon. 

Fingers crossed next Saturday is a win finally 

Play Muirhead or Connolly upfront with Cox. Or try Swann upfront.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Play Muirhead or Connolly upfront with Cox. Or try Swann upfront.

If only we still had Renton. He didn’t always control clearances but he got his head to almost every one. We have no one, absolutely no one who can do that, just a load of wee guys or players that can’ t jump. When was the last time we scored with a header from a set piece? 

Terrible.

8 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

If only we still had Renton. He didn’t always control clearances but he got his head to almost every one. We have no one, absolutely no one who can do that, just a load of wee guys or players that can’ t jump. When was the last time we scored with a header from a set piece? 

Terrible.

To be fair I believe we tried to get him back in the August transfer window. Would agree with the rest AC.

45 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Terrible.

That's why we shouldn't launch it. Or, try something different from set pieces.

If we had played Reilly from the start we might have won yesterday. The midfield seemed to do better without Mullen. Gilfilan won't solve all our problems but is probably worth signing for his attitude alone I am not in favour of booting the ball up the park but it should be mandatory in Rumsby's case.

It's an uphill struggle for you guys now but keep believing n you never know , thing is teams can still make playoffs so all fighting n scrapping for positional points making it harder for you to pick up the precious points you need, hope you catch a break , a flukey own goal ,dodgy penalty anything to turn it around n win a game, good luck cowden

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

It's an uphill struggle for you guys now but keep believing n you never know , thing is teams can still make playoffs so all fighting n scrapping for positional points making it harder for you to pick up the precious points you need, hope you catch a break , a flukey own goal ,dodgy penalty anything to turn it around n win a game, good luck cowden

We just don't get the breaks like that only 1 I can think of this season was the last game at Clyde when we got a last minute penalty when the boy was probably outside the box, then again 5 minutes earlier we had a stonewaller turned down so the ref was probably just correcting one mistake with another.

We just keep getting bad luck for our club with no breaks. 

Just found out that  Robbie Buchanan has a broken hand!!

With Cox being suspended for tomorrow's crucial game I am not inspired with Malone leading from the front. No disrespect to the guy and really hope he comes good and finds some form  but that was a howler on Saturday and he still does not appear to be match fit.  Might link up with Reilly/Smith tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

We just keep getting bad luck for our club with no breaks. 

Just found out that  Robbie Buchanan has a broken hand!!

With Cox being suspended for tomorrow's crucial game I am not inspired with Malone leading from the front. No disrespect to the guy and really hope he comes good and finds some form  but that was a howler on Saturday and he still does not appear to be match fit.  Might link up with Reilly/Smith tomorrow. 

Malone is hopeless contributes nothing. I really can't understand how he is getting a start.

Archived