Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

Heard today we were gonna try get him
Till end of season , mcinally fucked his hammy as well

aye that's how it looked to me-the physio wanted him subbed but,obviously,we'd already used them all.hope he never did himself further injury because he never hid the last few minutes

44 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

we didn't deserve to win today but we didn't deserve to lose either.the sending off was idiotic,really didn't help the cause.

luck was out with the injuries-first with Malcolm with the game hardly begun then ,near the end, with McNally going down almost immediately after taking on our 3rd sub,leaving him to tough it out for the last 10minutes which he did with some credit.malones not the fastest(!) but theres potential there I think.reilly looked decent too

Thanks for that HC seems everything that could go wrong did go wrong!

Got to start winning now as we won't get away with City and Clyde always getting deafeted 

Maybe not City but we are dreadful. You don’t need to win another game all season apart from a couple against us and you will be fine.

19 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Thanks for that HC seems everything that could go wrong did go wrong!

TBH once Malcolm went off we’d all have been as well going home. He already looked our best player in the short time he was on.

Don’t think we had one shot on target. That said Elgin weren’t much better, the poorest Elgin team I’ve seen for some time. With a bit of luck we could have sneaked a point.

Malone is at least a stone overweight, but he was up against two defenders and didn’t a decent pass for the time he was on.

We really are in trouble now. Being unlucky doesn’t doesn’t get you any points.

McInally deserves a medal for staying on the park and trying his guts out after his injury.

The way he got down the right hit the bye line and got a ball into the box that was begging for someone to knock in was a lesson for the rest of the squad about what it takes.

If Malcolm is out for a few weeks I still thik it would be worth trying to get him back for the rest of the season.

Kyle Miller needs a serious look at himself. I dont even think the ref was going to book him for dissent until the third time Kyle ignored him. Maybe it was the fourth. And when on a booking to trip the boy a minute of play later was plain stupid.

14 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

TBH once Malcolm went off we’d all have been as well going home. He already looked our best player in the short time he was on.

Don’t think we had one shot on target. That said Elgin weren’t much better, the poorest Elgin team I’ve seen for some time. With a bit of luck we could have sneaked a point.

Malone is at least a stone overweight, but he was up against two defenders and didn’t a decent pass for the time he was on.

We really are in trouble now. Being unlucky doesn’t doesn’t get you any points.

Couldn't agree with you more AC. 

Well that was woeful 

we should never have took a risk on Blair Malcolm as soon as he walked on the pitch he was holding his hammy , agree that he is probably our best player but surely we let him heal rather than losing him for a few more weeks , 

Kyle Miller needs to take a long hard look at himself even tho we didn't really notice much difference when he got sent off he put us in a vulnerable position 

our  back 4 was solid and Harvey Swann seems to be coming onto a game 

Fraser Mullen is rotten just punts the ball all the time 

2 striker didnt have much of a chance , although i dont think he is the answer  , we need an experienced pro , hear derek lyle has been told he can leave QOS  probably cant afford his wages tho but reckon he would do a job 

we are in deep shite 

mon the cowden 

End of the day it comes down to resources and Cowden doesn't have as much cash as others at this level.  This means we have the players we have who are all young as the experienced pros are hunting the cash elsewhere.  I think the club is under some sort of curse. 

4 minutes ago, PELE said:

Lyle banged the goals in for QoS, but he barely scored for us in a better team than this one.

Our midfield needs to get better at supplying the strikers with the ball so we create opportunities to score. We'd struggle with Harry Kane upfront to score with our midfield

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Lyle banged the goals in for QoS, but he barely scored for us in a better team than this one.

Probably because CC played him in a wide role. I would imagine clubs higher up the pecking order would be looking at him.

Archived