Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

You have:o:lol:

I would agree it would be an easier league to score in there is a huge gap between the top and bottom of the LL.  Suppose his career highlight will be that hat trick against Berwick:lol:

Don't be like that. Me and you can be friends if you want :wub:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hornby played a couple of games for Forfar, left back, scored a great free kick and played the 90 down in a win at Ayr but then the following week he scored a brutal OG at Raith before being hooked at HT.

Maybe ask the Forfar fans how he got on? Obviously won’t be up against sides anywhere near as good as Raith or Ayr in League 2 so could be a decent signing. Better than Rutherford surely.

Rutherford is finally well out the picture now under Bollan. 

Reilly should be a very good signing for Cowden. Got a run in the team for the League cup games at the start of the season and looked excellent. It's been mostly sub appearances since then and I think a lot of of our supporters would have liked to have seen Ben get more of a chance but Darren Young obviously wasn't willing to drop Kieran Millar or Mark Docherty from central mid.

I think he can play a few positions but centre mid's his best.

Heard they have signed a striker from Linlithgow Rose

Aiden malone.enjoy folks.

Malone trained with us for a couple of months last season and played as a Trialist in 1 game. Despite scoring, Dave Mackay decided not to sign him and he obviously ended up seeing the season out at Forfar.

In the one game he played for us, he didn’t look like the player we needed. Certainly over-weight and very cumbersome, so it will be interesting to see if that has changed.

Signing Malone is fecking crazy. He is a below average junior player and after seeing him on Saturday he is 2 stone overweight.

Sadly for Cowden fans, I think FuzzyBear is right.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Reilly should be a very good signing for Cowden. Got a run in the team for the League cup games at the start of the season and looked excellent. It's been mostly sub appearances since then and I think a lot of of our supporters would have liked to have seen Ben get more of a chance but Darren Young obviously wasn't willing to drop Kieran Millar or Mark Docherty from central mid.

I think he can play a few positions but centre mid's his best.

Hi, Gordon, I thought you must be deid by now! :rolleyes:

That's good news about Reilly.

Aiden Malone looks a bit, er, stocky...mind you, we badly need some physicality up front, somebody like this... 

7. OneElgingame.jpg

5 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Hi, Gordon, I thought you must be deid by now! :rolleyes:

That's good news about Reilly.

Aiden Malone looks a bit, er, stocky...mind you, we badly need some physicality up front, somebody like this... 

7. OneElgingame.jpg

Tiny Elgin player can't see ball for enormous Cowden striker...hope it's like this today

58 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

We really are woeful.  Another week goes by without 3 points, getting cut off at the bottom now. Case of building some form of momentum for the dreaded playoffs. 

Very very concerned  about our failure to win games and our start to 2018 when every game should be treated  as a must win. 

However I believe the players worked very hard today especially with the added pressure of ten men and deserved to take something. 

Got to start winning now as we won't get away with City and Clyde always getting deafeted 

1 hour ago, CowdenPhil said:

We really are woeful.  Another week goes by without 3 points, getting cut off at the bottom now. Case of building some form of momentum for the dreaded playoffs. 

The 3 games left against Clyde will be big ones as both sides can't seem to win a game.  We do need some sort of momentum going Phil I thought we were getting somewhere with the run of draws and near miss at Peterhead but been stuck with back to back defeats.

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

Very very concerned  about our failure to win games and our start to 2018 when every game should be treated  as a must win. 

However I believe the players worked very hard today especially with the added pressure of ten men and deserved to take something. 

Got to start winning now as we won't get away with City and Clyde always getting deafeted 

2018 started ok with the draw at Montrose just the 2 results after:(

It would have been a hard shift playing with 10 men for the whole of the 2nd half to lose a goal with 5 min to go.

As you say can't rely on City and Clyde getting beat,

All 3 bottom sides have tough games next week us away to Stenny, Clyde away at Montrose and City away to Stirling with El Alagui suspended after being sent off today.

we didn't deserve to win today but we didn't deserve to lose either.the sending off was idiotic,really didn't help the cause.

luck was out with the injuries-first with Malcolm with the game hardly begun then ,near the end, with McNally going down almost immediately after taking on our 3rd sub,leaving him to tough it out for the last 10minutes which he did with some credit.malones not the fastest(!) but theres potential there I think.reilly looked decent too

Archived