Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Chelsea Blue Braziler said:

As a long distance Cowden fan it can be very hard to judge the real state of the team only going on titbits on the internet.  The niggling concern I had last season is raising it's head again with things looking bleak. So my worry is if the club do finally drop out of the league will it survive ?

In answer to your query if we dropped out of this  league would it survive. Personally I think a lot would depend on whether fans have the drive to want it to survive, the ability to attract continued investment, Club 135, 100 Club and other initiatives continuing and have enough people willing to continue to run the club. The very thought of Lowland League football is a horrible one and one where I think could be a very bleak future for the club on where and what we want to achieve. East Stirlingshire are still here but that said you can see the difficulties in getting out of the league then you have to beat the Highland League then SPFL. Hopefully those rules may change as sooner or later there will be more teams that will probably drop out of the SPFL then they might decide more to come up or change the playoffs or get rid of them. Worst case scenario might be the pyramid is voted to be scrapped which is fine if your in the SPFL but not if your in the Lowland League. Not sure if this is possible though. 

It is unfortunate we as a club cannot present something to our wider fanbase like yourself  and there have been suggestions for games to be recorded etc but to do this requires volunteers etc. 

Keep the faith. Bollan I feel will turn things around from what I have seen and is a very experienced manager with determination and a reputation to uphold. The players appear to be working under him whilst being managed/trained in a more professional way  and hopefully he can bring the right players in during this window. 

Still lots of points to be won or lost but we must start getting the 3 points now or we could be really cut a drift. 

3 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

In answer to your query if we dropped out of this  league would it survive. Personally I think a lot would depend on whether fans have the drive to want it to survive, the ability to attract continued investment, Club 135, 100 Club and other initiatives continuing and have enough people willing to continue to run the club. The very thought of Lowland League football is a horrible one and one where I think could be a very bleak future for the club on where and what we want to achieve. East Stirlingshire are still here but that said you can see the difficulties in getting out of the league then you have to beat the Highland League then SPFL. Hopefully those rules may change as sooner or later there will be more teams that will probably drop out of the SPFL then they might decide more to come up or change the playoffs or get rid of them. Worst case scenario might be the pyramid is voted to be scrapped which is fine if your in the SPFL but not if your in the Lowland League. Not sure if this is possible though. 

It is unfortunate we as a club cannot present something to our wider fanbase like yourself  and there have been suggestions for games to be recorded etc but to do this requires volunteers etc. 

Keep the faith. Bollan I feel will turn things around from what I have seen and is a very experienced manager with determination and a reputation to uphold. The players appear to be working under him whilst being managed/trained in a more professional way  and hopefully he can bring the right players in during this window. 

Still lots of points to be won or lost but we must start getting the 3 points now or we could be really cut a drift. 

I'd be hypocritically happy to vote to scrap the Pyramid. Just for the seethe from Spartans ken.  :lol:

Cowden should be nowhere near this position.

They were two penalties away from potentially going out of business at the end of last season and the board/community should've done more to stabilize and make sure it didn't happen again.

15 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Lol canny be scrapping it cause your teams having a duff season , East stirling should've been booted years ago for being well brutal most seasons , Cowden do need to get the finger out though 

There would be more chance of me winning a Euro Millions roll over than the pyramid being scrapped:lol:Then again if I did win that I would be in a position to help ensure that we wouldn't be near the bottom.

10 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Saying nothing mate.his mother might be on here :lol:

He played under Bollan towards the end so hopefully he knows what he might bring us. 

No disrespect to your guys but we had already signed a striker from the lower leagues in the summer who could score and has failed to deliver so not optimistic about this potential signing from your reply. Don't know much about  this guy so cannot really judge and hopefully he can make an immediate impact with us. 

Tommy Coyne all time scorer for you guys would have done nicely 

8 hours ago, Myko said:

Cowden should be nowhere near this position.

They were two penalties away from potentially going out of business at the end of last season and the board/community should've done more to stabilize and make sure it didn't happen again.

I think they tried to with Club 135 to raise cash to give the club a platform for the next few seasons. Unsure how well it went, I have my doubts.

bottom line is we have a tiny support so never going to be able to have much cash.

Am no gonna comment on this guy till i see him but he cant be any worse than morris , was hoping we would get david cox , i see squib has been transfer listed by arthurlie through his own choice anybody reckon he could still do a job for us ?

11 minutes ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

Am no gonna comment on this guy till i see him but he cant be any worse than morris , was hoping we would get david cox , i see squib has been transfer listed by arthurlie through his own choice anybody reckon he could still do a job for us ?

Me

16 minutes ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

Would take him he always played for the Jersey with us. 

What's Linton doing these days always liked him too 

Archived