Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I feared, with Malcolm in the side, we just about scrape along struggling to get out of the bottom spot. Without him, we are hopeless.

Fingers crossed for GB. Hope he can get a few key players in. Also, we need Malcolm for longer.

12 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Poor. Looks out of shape and off the pace. Only lasted 45 minutes.

Think Fotheringham has came under some unfair criticism. Personally agree he looks out of shape and not fit. However some of his passing yesterday was excellent. Get him fit enough and up to speed and he should be a good addition to the squad. 

2 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Think Fotheringham has came under some unfair criticism. Personally agree he looks out of shape and not fit. However some of his passing yesterday was excellent. Get him fit enough and up to speed and he should be a good addition to the squad. 

I always thought when he signed it was more of a coaching move rather than a playing one. He's obviously not played for a while but you never lose your touch pinging a ball etc the ability is always there if not the fitness.

Players like Fotheringham (seasoned pros with a lack of fitness) generally get away with it at this level. However, it only works when you have a couple of decentish/fit players in the middle with him plus good movement in front of him. Mullen and Miller were no help to anyone yesterday. I genuinely hope this is Kyle Millers last season with us not because I think he's a bad player, but I feel a change for him would be for the best. I'm not for a minute suggesting his attitude is bad but his place in the squad is guaranteed every week. He needs a challenge.

Cammy Muirhead has the potential to be a very competent striker but his work rate isn't good enough, certainly not near good enough playing up top on his own with terrible service.

2 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Players like Fotheringham (seasoned pros with a lack of fitness) generally get away with it at this level. However, it only works when you have a couple of decentish/fit players in the middle with him plus good movement in front of him. Mullen and Miller were no help to anyone yesterday. I genuinely hope this is Kyle Millers last season with us not because I think he's a bad player, but I feel a change for him would be for the best. I'm not for a minute suggesting his attitude is bad but his place in the squad is guaranteed every week. He needs a challenge.

Cammy Muirhead has the potential to be a very competent striker but his work rate isn't good enough, certainly not near good enough playing up top on his own with terrible service.

Agree about Miller and to be honest Mullen isn’t helping in there.

Muirhead yip all he is is possible potential, hasn’t done much yet and certainly doesn’t graft like many strikers do. Has to be better but also he is isolated which makes it really difficult. Have said for months we won’t score many with him upfront on his own.

we are in deep shit, again!

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 12:27, Cowden316 said:

agree. he hasn't played for a while, but he didn't waste a ball. Calm in possession and kept encouraging the players. Needs a player with energy and drive beside him - Blair Malcolm?  I like an assistant player manager who actually plays - like James Fowler did for us. I'd play David Syme at the back with Rumsby - a combo that helped keep us in the league last season. Syme really attacks the ball well and has a will to win. But the glaring need is for strength up top. Leadership in central defence, leadership in the middle of the park, leadership up front will get us out of the relegation area - pretty easy, eh??

16 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Ross County be just taken a midfielder on loan from Aberdeen, so fingers crossed  that we can get Malcolm for a bit longer.

How desperate are we , that our fate could be decided by just one player!

Have to disagree.

while Malcolm has made an impact, he mainly has made us more competitive in games. We have drawn a few and unlucky at Peterhead. We haven’t been winning games though.  Even with him in the side we are merely set up to be difficult to beat and try and stay in the game as long as possible. 

our fate , or ability to get out of his hole would be down to getting 1,2 or even 3 players in who are going to give us more attacking threat and help us win games.

6 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Have to disagree.

while Malcolm has made an impact, he mainly has made us more competitive in games. We have drawn a few and unlucky at Peterhead. We haven’t been winning games though.  Even with him in the side we are merely set up to be difficult to beat and try and stay in the game as long as possible. 

our fate , or ability to get out of his hole would be down to getting 1,2 or even 3 players in who are going to give us more attacking threat and help us win games.

We need him at least, then a few more.

As a long distance Cowden fan it can be very hard to judge the real state of the team only going on titbits on the internet.  The niggling concern I had last season is raising it's head again with things looking bleak. So my worry is if the club do finally drop out of the league will it survive ?

Archived