Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

Jimmy Nic is a fucking imposter.

Fond of a story of his Man Utd days but I think he forgot he wasn’t there anymore in his 2nd spell with us. Kept us up yes, but then gave everyone a pay rise and signed loads of dross. Over 30 players played for first team that season, an absolute disgrace for a club our size. 

The biggest crowds we will EVER command that season with the hibs hearts and gers yet he managed to OVERSPEND, quite an achievement.

Even when he did keep us up, if I recall rightly it took a strong word from Big Al before the play offs with Ayr to get Robbo back in the team and that we should be playing them off the park, which we did.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

Jimmy Nic is a fucking imposter.

Fond of a story of his Man Utd days but I think he forgot he wasn’t there anymore in his 2nd spell with us. Kept us up yes, but then gave everyone a pay rise and signed loads of dross. Over 30 players played for first team that season, an absolute disgrace for a club our size. 

The biggest crowds we will EVER command that season with the hibs hearts and gers yet he managed to OVERSPEND, quite an achievement.

Even when he did keep us up, if I recall rightly it took a strong word from Big Al before the play offs with Ayr to get Robbo back in the team and that we should be playing them off the park, which we did.

haha true story. we were going too defensive at the time and someone had to say something.

envious of dumbarton, theyre still fighting away in the championship yet. fair play to them.

Lot of potential this lad, quite small but very tricky on the ball. 

I’ve watched him a few times for the reserves and he genuinely excites me when he gets the ball. 

Good move for him to play first team football and hopefully develop against physical opposition. 

Could a Mr D C  be heading for Central Park, and possibly a Mr J B as well? (No point in giving names and alerting other clubs). If true, two good experienced pros who will definitely enhance  the squad, The good thing about the timing of Billy Brown's departure is that it has given GB time to assess the current  squad and decide what is needed. We certainly won't go into 2018 with a squad of players who will capitulate when the opposition score a goal. Peterhead's thrashing of Montrose highlights Cowden's strong performance  against Peterhead.

28 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Could a Mr D C  be heading for Central Park, and possibly a Mr J B as well? (No point in giving names and alerting other clubs). If true, two good experienced pros who will definitely enhance  the squad, The good thing about the timing of Billy Brown's departure is that it has given GB time to assess the current  squad and decide what is needed. We certainly won't go into 2018 with a squad of players who will capitulate when the opposition score a goal. Peterhead's thrashing of Montrose highlights Cowden's strong performance  against Peterhead.

I would agree Ron the managerial change has been made with plenty of time for GB to hopefully getting us moving in the right direction, after it almost being too late last season with GL running out of games and us having to go through those 2 hair raising play off games!

Also BB only used 1 loan so plenty of options left for that route for GB.

13 hours ago, Kierkegaard said:

Dick Campbell and John Brown, you’re right abou experienced anyway. 316 will be delighted.

Another good effort today. I would have grabbed a point before the game. City winning ruins it a bit, however we need to keep going. Saturday is a big game now.

Edit to add- Craig Henderson came on as sub then he was subbed. Injured?

4 hours ago, onecowden said:

Another good effort today. I would have grabbed a point before the game. City winning ruins it a bit, however we need to keep going. Saturday is a big game now.

Edit to add- Craig Henderson came on as sub then he was subbed. Injured?

My old man said the young boy was rubbish and struggled to keep up with play. Gave away the free kick that led to Montrose goal.  BTW what's happened to Conor Scullion ? 

1 hour ago, CowdenPhil said:

BTW what's happened to Conor Scullion ?

He was involved in three games as a trialist and presumably Bollan didn't think he was worth signing. I'd agree with that decision - didn't show enough to be offered a contract. 

In other news, I see Lewis Milne has signed for Montrose. 

1 minute ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

He was involved in three games as a trialist and presumably Bollan didn't think he was worth signing. I'd agree with that decision - didn't show enough to be offered a contract. 

In other news, I see Lewis Milne has signed for Montrose. 

Thought that was Lewis who came on as a sub trialist.

1 hour ago, CowdenPhil said:

My old man said the young boy was rubbish and struggled to keep up with play. Gave away the free kick that led to Montrose goal.  BTW what's happened to Conor Scullion ? 

I thought he had got subbed as a tactical move to have Garden up front for the last few minutes to try and get a goal.

young Henderson wasnt injured, just a tactical change. a bit of an embaressment  if im honest.  bollan took cammy off for henderson which was a big mistake. he tried  firstly robbie and then henderson upfront on their own which left us no outlet ball and we got deeper and for the first real time in the game montrose were dictating in a way which put us under pressure. to try and right his wrong, bollan then took henderson back off for garden to try and return to our initial style.  

Lewis Milne Any Good?Thought you guys were worthy of a point today.

Lewis has been and should be very good. He was very promising as a youngster for us. Held his own in the Championship then got injured. I hope he does well for you.

Archived