Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

Amazing. I don't even have my gloves on today. 

Aye I was out and about this morning and it was more mild than the rest of the week, Central Park seems to have its own micro climate mind you once you go under that rail bridge its a different world (Q funny puns coming my way for that:lol:)

24 minutes ago, beaver1 said:

Amazing. I don't even have my gloves on today. 

No surprise at all.

CP notoriously bad for frost postponements and it’s been freezing all week. 1 milder morning not certain to thaw the ground out.

i think it’s a good thing. 1 less game to play before January where we need ideally 2/3 out and 2 /3 in. Also another day / week for Bollan to work with the team as he didn’t have pre season with them.

18 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye I was out and about this morning and it was more mild than the rest of the week, Central Park seems to have its own micro climate mind you once you go under that rail bridge its a different world (Q funny puns coming my way for that:lol:)

A few birds would verify this after partners over the years.

18 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

No surprise at all.

CP notoriously bad for frost postponements and it’s been freezing all week. 1 milder morning not certain to thaw the ground out.

i think it’s a good thing. 1 less game to play before January where we need ideally 2/3 out and 2 /3 in. Also another day / week for Bollan to work with the team as he didn’t have pre season with them.

Aye we always seem to get hit bad with the frost, as you say at least if the game gets put back into the New Year the manager will have more options re his squad. I believe that once you get to December that's the start of when you don't have to play games until the end of February.

19 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

A few birds would verify this after partners over the years.

:lol:

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye at least you've saved yourself a long journey mate.

Well I turned round at Forfar, got stuck coming out of Aberdeen and stuck going back in. Aberdeen been an ice block for the last few days. Everything gone now, football being played all over the place, temp  10C! One of the nicest days we've had for weeks, yet the game in Cowdenbeath is off at  1130. Unbelievable.

32 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Well I turned round at Forfar, got stuck coming out of Aberdeen and stuck going back in. Aberdeen been an ice block for the last few days. Everything gone now, football being played all over the place, temp  10C! One of the nicest days we've had for weeks, yet the game in Cowdenbeath is off at  1130. Unbelievable.

I would agree it has been the mildest day of the week but it has been sub zero all week and I assume the rise in temp wasn't enough to get the frost out. Better getting the game called off with an 11.30 inspection and saving the majority of folk travelling (obviously unfortunate for yourself and Highland Cowden) rather than wait and have a late one which happened at Livingston with the same result as their earlier one.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I would agree it has been the mildest day of the week but it has been sub zero all week and I assume the rise in temp wasn't enough to get the frost out. Better getting the game called off with an 11.30 inspection and saving the majority of folk travelling (obviously unfortunate for yourself and Highland Cowden) rather than wait and have a late one which happened at Livingston with the same result as their earlier one.

At least CP didn't ever have undersoil heating. Unlike a certain dump in West Lothian where the heating hasn't been turned on since about 2005 and is now presumably shagged. 

Now you have all the excitement of a midweek game against Stenny to look forward to, especially if there's still not much between us when it comes around.....

Just now, tamthebam said:

At least CP didn't ever have undersoil heating. Unlike a certain dump in West Lothian where the heating hasn't been turned on since about 2005 and is now presumably shagged. 

Now you have all the excitement of a midweek game against Stenny to look forward to, especially if there's still not much between us when it comes around.....

Aye your result has kept it at the status quo and a thrilling midweek freezing ma baws aff against Stenny could be a very big game for us. Just thawing out from last week at Ainslie Park as well.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Unless the pit works where on fire 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Well it’s unlikely you’re team is going to pull away from us much.

Archived