Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

3 hours ago, Cowden_T.I.D said:

We have signed a connor scullion on loan apparently used to play for east kilbride speaking to his dad in the bookies left winger

He's obviously not told his Dad that he was released by Hamilton. 

2 hours ago, Kierkegaard said:

Hope it all goes well, Sandy. Much as I'd love to be there, commitments up here in Orkney make that impossible. Helicopter Sunday was the greatest day in my time as a Cowden fan. I'll never forget the sight of that helicopter over Central Park. Greetings to the legendary Mixu, Big Innes, and all the players who made history on the park. Enjoy the night.

You're a little late with this post. The evening with the Championship winning squad was months ago. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

He's obviously not told his Dad that he was released by Hamilton. 

You're a little late with this post. The evening with the Championship winning squad was months ago. 

I did post it ages ago. It obviously takes a while for posts to get from Orkney to Cowdenbeath...

Gary Bollan seems to have hit the ground running.  I expected him to bring in new people during transfer window, but he has quickly identified what is needed and acted swiftly - just what was needed after last week's dire performance. It gives him a chance to shape a settled side before the winter break.  Well done chairman and board.

An encouraging enough start under Bollan. Probably should have won the game given the chances, but at least we created plenty of chances today unlike most of the games this season.

The new boy Blair Malcolm looked decent as did the trialist who would be worth another run out. Good goal by Kyle Miller.

Speaking to the press guys after the game Peter Murphy was happy with the point and was very complementary on our performance.

58 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Annan should be delighted with that point.

That was much better. Very good effort. Everybody played well although we need more composure in the final third. But least we had it in the final third. Kyle Miler in particular was excellent even before his goal. Hope the boys are right up for the Edinburgh game next week. 

14 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

That was much better. Very good effort. Everybody played well although we need more composure in the final third. But least we had it in the final third. Kyle Miler in particular was excellent even before his goal. Hope the boys are right up for the Edinburgh game next week. 

Aye a good start as I mentioned earlier made a nice change having a decent amount of chances in a game!

1 minute ago, 1GregStewart said:

Not sure about all the ‘should have won ‘ comments.

a very even game and a deserved draw. Of course could have won due to chances but so could Annan have.

big improvement on last week though. 

We should have been five up so that is where those we should have won comments came from 

Massive improvement under BOLLAN and if we play like that every week we should move away from bottom easily 

9 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Not sure about all the ‘should have won ‘ comments.

a very even game and a deserved draw. Of course could have won due to chances but so could Annan have.

big improvement on last week though. 

After our goal we looked the more likely side to go on and win as you say Annan had a good few chances before that.

12 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

To the Anti Bollan Forfar fans snooping on our Cowdenbeath thread tonight. 

Formatine :lol: Jim Weir :lol: I am sure that lot will still be blaming Dick or Gary for their misfortunes or now calling for Weirs head :lol:

Wouldn't get cocky about that one Formartine are well financed.

Just now, Cowden316 said:

Not been cocky Andy just a comment to the all so sure Forfar fans. 

Aye I know but I certainly wouldn't have fancied our chances up there tbh.

It was a promising start today for GB but still a long way to go but hopefully he will turn things around. Two new boys looked good.

4 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

We really should have won that game. Some extremely shite finishing cost us. Annan should be delighted with that point.

The new left back is lightyears ahead of Rutherford thankfully. Wasn't scared to get stuck in and the ponytailed lad showed a lot of dig and technical ability that we've been lacking however he faded late on. The trialist looked decent enough too to suggest he can be a welcome addition.

Robbie Buchanan is as well as standing at the terracing than being on the park. He genuinely offers nothing.

The new left back was Harvey Swann. He was exposed several times defensively and half the time his first touch is a tackle. He does show some moments of ability but he has to do better and isn’t a left back at the moment ( he’s still young so can develop)

6 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

It's true. He was sitting in front of me at the game. He was kicking every ball and screaming advice at the team at times. He's signed as a player and a coach. Just left Karlsruhe who I think are in the second division.

Karlsruhe were relegated last season to 3rd Bundesliga. Bundesliga 2 is a tough league & I think Karlsruhe sold a lot of players from the previous season to help with financial difficulties. Mark Fotheringham was working as a coach there. He has a decent career behind him with Norwich, Dundee & Freiburg. 

Happy with the efforts from the players today. Jordan Garden needs to stop waving his arms around like a demented seal & work harder. 

Pleased with the performance if not the result. The second half was the best we’ve played since the first half of the first game against Elgin. Annan had more of the play in the first half and scored after a mix up in the Cowden defence just before half time. Second half Cowden were much better and could have nicked it. Muirhead had three good opportunities to score and missed them all. We still need someone who can put such chances away.

The lad from Ross County had a good game, as did Miller, at last!  Big difference in application and although Annan scored at a bad time, the heads didn’ t go down. Feel a lot more confident now thar we can get out of this mess.

And what’s with opposition players screaming and going down like they’d been shot  when they lose the ball?  It’s about time refs booked them for this, it’s no different to diving in the box.

13 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

We should have been five up so that is where those we should have won comments came from 

Massive improvement under BOLLAN and if we play like that every week we should move away from bottom easily 

We had more good chances true, but they missed a couple of sitters as well. Saying we should have been five up is a bit ambitious. Overall a win would have been deserved but draw not bad.

2 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

We had more good chances true, but they missed a couple of sitters as well. Saying we should have been five up is a bit ambitious. Overall a win would have been deserved but draw not bad.

Aye we missed slightly better chances but as you say Annan had theirs as well not as one sided as 316 was thinking. A draw was the least we deserved as Aberdeen Cowden pointed out we lost a goal at a bad time but didn't let the heads go down, it was the 1st time we have comeback from losing a goal this season!

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

And what’s with opposition players screaming and going down like they’d been shot  when they lose the ball?

Annan's directors were just as bad. They were furious that a group of people (I assume they weren't fans as I'd never seen them before) were singing - how dare they at a football match - and then were annoyed that fans were shouting at the Annan keeper for time wasting. They tried to respond with shouts of "He's having a great game. He's got a clean sheet" and "keep the ball as long as you like, Jim. You're doing well." Two minutes later and Kyle shut them up. Poor Jim, losing his clean sheet.

One of the Annan's directors didn't realise that football was a contact sport and kept shouting "he's trying to cripple him" whenever one of our players tackled their.

Archived