Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cowden316 said:

Time will tell. 

Gary Locke was written off and was very impressed how quickly he got the best out of a team that was struggling. 

I have every confidence in Bollan as his experience, credible track record speaks for itself not just based on the fact Forfar are still hurting that Dick silenced Forfar by his retaliation in pipping Bollan to the title that's not Bollans fault. 

So the fact that we ended the season with 2 wins out of 13 games was all down to the brilliance of Dick and not the incompetence of Bollan...you guys are crazy!! :lol:

2 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

What i mean is we weren't in the relegation positions and nobody really thought at that time we would go down.

With all due respect your opinion counts for nothing in regards to Bollan coming out with we weren't in the relegation position in tenth. 

Last time I checked that is the automatic relegation position. Think Bollan is well rid of critics like yours. 

2 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

So the fact that we ended the season with 2 wins out of 13 games was all down to the brilliance of Dick and not the incompetence of Bollan...you guys are crazy!! :lol:

No your crazy maybe :lol: tenths not relegation position 

4 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

3rd bottom then....anyway enjoy the last season of league football. :thumsup2

We will enjoy the rest of the season. 

Enjoy your last season in League One. Sure you lot will be calling for Jim Weir or blaming it all on Bollan. You better be careful you lot will be catching up with us in the amount of managers you are going through. 

32 minutes ago, tbsouth said:

Won 1 game out of 6 league games under Bollan...2 out of 4  Weir

Leave Cowden316 alone. He's well happy that Donald has used his managerial shortlist drawn up from ex players from Rangers glory years to make Gary Bollan the new gaffer.  Who knows how it will work out, we've been shit for years so Bollan's work will be tough going. He doesn't have much talent to work with. 

I personally would have given the gig to Nelly so all in all I'm a bit meh about it all. 

Can't believe this love- in from Forfar .
The man was and is an unmitigated disaster in ALL aspects of club management.
It WILL end in tears.

It's tears now i believe so if it ends in tears GB will have brought stability at least...

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Aye, right enough. Scored for Alloa on Saturday.

The keeper booted the ball off him :lol:.

Renton hasn't set the heather on fire at Alloa. He took a long time to get a goal and the team finally finding a bit of form of late coincided with him dropping to the bench. Still has a fair bit of work to do to prove he is up to League 1. I like the guy though, his work rate is fantastic and his head never drops even when he is struggling and getting a bit of stick. Our manager likes having the option of a target man too so I doubt we'll be letting Renton go in the meantime. 

Good luck to Bollan at Cowdenbeath. 

46 minutes ago, CowdenPhil said:

Leave Cowden316 alone. He's well happy that Donald has used his managerial shortlist drawn up from ex players from Rangers glory years to make Gary Bollan the new gaffer.  Who knows how it will work out, we've been shit for years so Bollan's work will be tough going. He doesn't have much talent to work with. 

I personally would have given the gig to Nelly so all in all I'm a bit meh about it all. 

For the record my early  recommendation of Bollan being associated with Rangers despite following them in the glory Nine in a Row years that he was there has nothing to do with why I recommended him  although it does help take to him :) If that was the case I would have been recommending Nacho Novo. 

My touting of Bollan was solely based on his proven track record and experience in these leagues as I have said over the past couple of weeks on here. 

Anybody who takes away and remembers observations of management whilst playing under the likes of  Jim McLean and Walter Smith will serve Bollan well. His reputation of gruelling  training is an example of McLeans Dundee Utd. For a 44 year old he has done quite well so far and the small blips he has had with one relegation he will learn from. 

I just want to see some foundation laid at our club to help us back up the leagues and trust the new manager to help build that. 

P.S 

Since we have a Rangers man I better get out my brown Brogues for Saturday's match against Annan :lol:

9 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

For the record my early  recommendation of Bollan being associated with Rangers despite following them in the glory Nine in a Row years that he was there has nothing to do with why I recommended him  although it does help take to him :) If that was the case I would have been recommending Nacho Novo. 

My touting of Bollan was solely based on his proven track record and experience in these leagues as I have said over the past couple of weeks on here. 

Anybody who takes away and remembers observations of management whilst playing under the likes of  Jim McLean and Walter Smith will serve Bollan well. His reputation of gruelling  training is an example of McLeans Dundee Utd. For a 44 year old he has done quite well so far and the small blips he has had with one relegation he will learn from. 

I just want to see some foundation laid at our club to help us back up the leagues and trust the new manager to help build that. 

P.S 

Since we have a Rangers man I better get out my brown Brogues for Saturday's match against Annan :lol:

What a cretin. Decent Cowden fans should be chasing this *** c**t out of Central Park. 

As for players coming in it may depend on 1 or 2 leaving or going out on loan or something (if out on loan surely to junior clubs)

the discussion about renton is baffling. He was very good for us and got a move up to a higher league (must have been doing something right) He is 5 times better than what we have currently. Its all about realism when signing players. He is a player who realistically we could get.. (IF alloa willing to let him go) Whom would others sign within a realistic world as a striker/centre midfielder. Fusco wouldnt sign he is happy at brechin. I would envisage someone like martyn fotheringham would be a good signing for us. Has ability he is at montrose but dont think he starts every week and has worked with bollan (maybe they dont like each other though who knows)

We have to be realistic some players wont want to join us because of our situation we are in- bottom of league/facilities/destination etc etc.Loads of factors.

A very unlikeable, uninspiring guy so I wouldn't be overly excited about him coming in, the fact that 3 of Forfars best players wanted to come to us said it all at the start of the season.

That said, he should be able to take Cowdenbeath up the league a bit which is what they need.

1 minute ago, Smokerson said:

A very unlikeable, uninspiring guy so I wouldn't be overly excited about him coming in, the fact that 3 of Forfars best players wanted to come to us said it all at the start of the season.

That said, he should be able to take Cowdenbeath up the league a bit which is what they need.

I keep hearing about players not liking him. Maybe he is a c**k but some players will like working with him im sure. Put it this way I hope some players in our team are ready to take a few hefty comments that they can take 1 of 2 ways really. Our squad needs that though. Few home truths I genuinely dont think they have been getting that. 

Bollan should be able to put some points on the board but with our team just now I just dont think it will happen right away!! which is worrying

11 minutes ago, NELLY said:

I keep hearing about players not liking him. Maybe he is a c**k but some players will like working with him im sure. Put it this way I hope some players in our team are ready to take a few hefty comments that they can take 1 of 2 ways really. Our squad needs that though. Few home truths I genuinely dont think they have been getting that. 

Bollan should be able to put some points on the board but with our team just now I just dont think it will happen right away!! which is worrying

Bollan's struggles suggest to me things get stale quickly, man management-wise, tactically and in training. I'd expect an upturn in form from Cowden as he organises things, but he seems one-dimensional and I wouldn't be surprised if you're still in trouble come the end of the season when the novelty wears off and teams begin finding his side out tactically again. I certainly don't think Cowden have the 'quality' that they did last season to see em through. It's an awful squad.

10 hours ago, Waspie said:

The keeper booted the ball off him :lol:.

Renton hasn't set the heather on fire at Alloa. He took a long time to get a goal and the team finally finding a bit of form of late coincided with him dropping to the bench. Still has a fair bit of work to do to prove he is up to League 1. I like the guy though, his work rate is fantastic and his head never drops even when he is struggling and getting a bit of stick. Our manager likes having the option of a target man too so I doubt we'll be letting Renton go in the meantime. 

Good luck to Bollan at Cowdenbeath. 

We've only scored five goals all season and you'd think Alloa have been playing against better opposition.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/alloa-athletic/top-scorers

1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

What a cretin. Decent Cowden fans should be chasing this *** c**t out of Central Park. 

It's called a bit of banter and humour amongst our clubs own supporters. 

Why don't you just stick to your own thread nothing to see here.  

Archived