Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

14 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

I saw Edinburgh had Farid El Alagui playing as a trialist yesterday and signed Scott Shepard on loan from Falkirk during the week. They've also got Jesus Garcia Tena on their books now. Granted, with the exception of Shepard (who could be a very good loan signing), these guys won't be match fit but if and when they get up to speed, they could be the difference for City. Josh Walker also looks like a good player.

Billy Brown is telling us that no one wants to come to Cowdenbeath and it's so hard to attract experienced players. Other clubs manage it so why couldn't he? He obviously wasn't looking hard enough.

The new City manager will have know Shepherd from his time as assistant manager at Falkirk and El Alagui from when he was at Hibs. El Alagui and Tenna would have been floating around as free agents for ages so as you say if you look hard enough you will find guys wanting a way  back into football.

It shows how important part of the new mans job is having decent contacts to get players. I don't buy all this "no one wants to come to Cowden" if you have a manager who has decent contacts and a persuasive manner it can be done.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe wishful thinking on my part but, if whoever gets the Dundee United job and does not keep Laurie Ellis, could he be in the frame?

The impression is that Laurie is not wanting the post. If Hughes (aggghhhh!) or Czabo L.  get the gig Laurie may be unemployed.

I know there are numerous ifs and buts  BUT  without change, your current situation os going only one way

I know it sounds a bit"radical" but he would be worth a punt, even if it means the Directors have too dig deep to afford him.

29 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Lol no be wanting him then , go get Dick Campbell always seems to put competent teams together on a budget n knows the league's inside out , got to be tired of travelling north every week by now ???

Aye a big one.

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Lol no be wanting him then , go get Dick Campbell always seems to put competent teams together on a budget n knows the league's inside out , got to be tired of travelling north every week by now ???

He was who I recommended before we appointed Nish due to his experience of knowing these leagues inside out. 

However one not sure if the club could have afforded Dick, two not sure if he would have been interested and three as someone has put it he has probably been accustomed to a bigger budget than ours. 

10 minutes ago, edinbugercowden said:

Shite 1st time no ta 

Yes as a young manager 1983. He should have been assessed as what he has achieved in recent times and not 33 years ago. 

We must get this appointment spot on this time Scottie as there is too much at stake. 

7 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Might have to push boat out to get him but gonna have to do something or I will hopefully be seeing you guys at New central park next season

Very true. 

Your club is our biggest threat due to our current circumstances if we cannot get out of this continued rut  in my opinion. 

No appeal to come to Central Park for any potential new fans it is only our loyal fans who continue to back the club in these circumstances with a good few having not returned. 

Exemplary efforts just now at Kelty Hearts and we could learn a lot from the social side of things at your club but we do not have the fortune of owning our ground to do so. 

All the best to Kelty but I hope we are only playing you in the SPFL, cup competition and not in any playoff or Lowland. 

Be good if Kelty could come a long to Cowdenbeath game at when they can't make their own games for a bit of moral support and vice versa. 

Do you think there would be appetite for a big group of Kelty fans to come to a Cowden match for hospitality and for a group of Cowden fans to return the favour at your ground? 

Yes I imagine he’ll be jumping at that when he has us sitting in and around the promotion play offs to the Championship with a much better squad he’s taken 2 years to assemble, with all his favourites signed on 2 year deals (Denholm/ToB/Swankie/Doris/McCord/Hamilton) that he’s brought to the club. We’ll have a much much bigger budget than Cowden.

Travelling North [emoji1]

He stays in Glenrothes or Dunfermline doesn’t he? We train in Perth so hell have a half hour trip to training and an hour to drive to Gayfield ffs.

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yes I imagine he’ll be jumping at that when he has us sitting in and around the promotion play offs to the Championship with a much better squad he’s taken 2 years to assemble, with all his favourites signed on 2 year deals (Denholm/ToB/Swankie/Doris/McCord/Hamilton) that he’s brought to the club. We’ll have a much much bigger budget than Cowden.

Travelling North emoji1.png

He stays in Glenrothes or Dunfermline doesn’t he? We train in Perth so hell have a half hour trip to training and an hour to drive to Gayfield ffs.

You haven’t changed anyway

still listing all your favourite players in every quote, thrashing the head off it with 1 hand  while you type with the other 

You haven’t changed anyway

still listing all your favourite players in every quote, thrashing the head off it with 1 hand  while you type with the other 

My favourite player isn’t even on that list.

Campbell has waited and has eventually managed to land all his guys on 2 year deals. He’s no fucking off before halfway to join Cowdenbeath ffs.

22 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

My favourite player isn’t even on that list.

Campbell has waited and has eventually managed to land all his guys on 2 year deals. He’s no fucking off before halfway 

We all know that Dick loves singing a sectarian song or two from time to time. Just like our chairman does. This could be a massive lure to leave a buoyant Arbroath to come fight a relegation battle to the Lowland League.

Don't worry no one wants to come to Cowden. Even I find it hard to visit CP these days.  

Board need to get the finger oot & appoint the dream team of Nelly & Big Al with Scotty G as 1st team coach fast. 

We all know that Dick loves singing a sectarian song or two from time to time. Just like our chairman does. This could be a massive lure to leave a buoyant Arbroath to come fight a relegation battle to the Lowland League.
Don't worry no one wants to come to Cowden. Even I find it hard to visit CP these days.  
Board need to get the finger oot & appoint the dream team of Nelly & Big Al with Scotty G as 1st team coach fast. 

Dunno about that.

Jobs are hard to get now. Cowden presents a chance for somebody to get their foot in the door at a senior SPFL club, who can only get better. Who seem to have a lot of decent young lads to coach. Know what it’s like, someone with some half decent contacts can make a massive difference at this level, Cowden pretty centrally based.

Sure a lot of people will be interested. I was only talking about our manager. Don’t give up hope yet.

17 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Very true. 

Your club is our biggest threat due to our current circumstances if we cannot get out of this continued rut  in my opinion. 

No appeal to come to Central Park for any potential new fans it is only our loyal fans who continue to back the club in these circumstances with a good few having not returned. 

Exemplary efforts just now at Kelty Hearts and we could learn a lot from the social side of things at your club but we do not have the fortune of owning our ground to do so. 

All the best to Kelty but I hope we are only playing you in the SPFL, cup competition and not in any playoff or Lowland. 

Be good if Kelty could come a long to Cowdenbeath game at when they can't make their own games for a bit of moral support and vice versa. 

Do you think there would be appetite for a big group of Kelty fans to come to a Cowden match for hospitality and for a group of Cowden fans to return the favour at your ground? 

Good few of our fans are from cowden but opted for kelty when they were junior I guess ,  I was at a cowden game recently and it was well,' terrible ' , Kelty are trying to get the away support going by running a bus for them and even letting all fife teams season ticket holders in for a discounted rate when you guys are away so they are trying everything to get punters in home and away , a harder working committee you'll be hard pushed to find 

Archived