Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Very strong rumours of John Potter taking an interest. 

Wouldn't have a problem with that.  Is excellent working with youth and would probably get some decent loan signings in.

Then again I've no idea if I believe you or not :P

Not sure about Jimmy's sincerity but it's a bit of an odd dynamic having Potter on our coaching staff. With no u20s team this season he might be kicking his heels a bit. What can't be questioned with Potter is that the young players seem to worship him and the recent emergence of decent youngsters into our first team would suggest he has been doing something right. Pretty terrible spell as boss for us but has a couple more years experience now around our first team.

Also, according to Josh Falkingham, Potter has Dunfermline's best looking WAG. Could add a bit of glamour to Central Park. 

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

If a new manager can come in and bring a bit of confidence and belief into the team then we've got a chance.  Our season starts now basically - 3 home matches and then Edinburgh City away and if we can have the new manager in quickly then what's to say that we won't pick up points?  We're not bad defensively and still creating chances.

This "we are fucked" attitude helps nobody.   I see no reason why Jim Moffat would get the job over anybody else who would be interested.

We literally need a manager in who can help us recover a one point deficit over Edinburgh City.  It's nowhere near over even if we can't get some experienced players on the pitch.

We need to face facts and we have no cash so it will be difficult for us as when young players start loosing it is very hard to rid that habit.  The club needs a major shake up as we have had 4 seasons of failure. A new manager will need cash so the fans are helping with bonus ball etc but we have a small fanbase and no interest in the club from town. If we continue as we are at the club we are fucked. I don't know what the answers are. 

Best of luck to next guy in the hotseat. 

45 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Also, according to Josh Falkingham, Potter has Dunfermline's best looking WAG. Could add a bit of glamour to Central Park. 

Come on Donald do the decent thing here and give Potter a chance.

12 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Here's my list of potential candidates I would want for  what it's worth although some well  out of our reach financially  for the unrealistic ones I.E McCall and Hughes 

Danny Lennon 

Gary Bollan 

Stuart McCall

John Hughes 

Ian Murray 

Mixu 

Lee McCulloch 

Grant Murray 

John Mcglynn 

Apart from Gary Bollan perhaps, the Cowdenbeath job (at this current time) will not appeal to any of those guys. I think you could be looking at a completely different level of applicant/interest.

The caretakers or perhaps an ex player in late 30s is what you will get. Got to be realistic.

12 hours ago, Cowden316 said:

Here's my list of potential candidates I would want for  what it's worth although some well  out of our reach financially  for the unrealistic ones I.E McCall and Hughes 

Danny Lennon 

Gary Bollan 

Stuart McCall

John Hughes 

Ian Murray 

Mixu 

Lee McCulloch 

Grant Murray 

John Mcglynn 

I assume you just forgot Ancelotti on that realistic list?

Taking a look at the ever reliable Transfermarkt at out of work Scottish managers....

Brian Reid, Mark Burchill, Martin Lauchlan, Allan Moore, Martyn Corrigan, Garry Bollan.  All available. 

Would be surprised if a few of them weren't at least interested.

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Not sure about Jimmy's sincerity but it's a bit of an odd dynamic having Potter on our coaching staff. With no u20s team this season he might be kicking his heels a bit. What can't be questioned with Potter is that the young players seem to worship him and the recent emergence of decent youngsters into our first team would suggest he has been doing something right. Pretty terrible spell as boss for us but has a couple more years experience now around our first team.

Shandon, Shandon, Shandon- you should know the rules of this forum by now. Pics or...

5 hours ago, CowdenPhil said:

The next manager with the budget will only be able to sign young lads as experienced pros will not sign for us as they can get more money elsewhere. 

We are fucked.

Jim Moffat will get it if he wants it and can be arsed with the hassle. 

Don't know if you've noticed but the few seasoned pros cowdenbeath do have , have done nothing.Time to play the youth, alleged fringe players.Last win v east Fife with alleged fringe players.Billy Brown kept his supposed experienced players in the team and played them out of position when there is a lot better sitting on the bench.

What actually is our best starting 11?  I've not made a game lately so can't really comment.  Presume this Saturday we'd be looking for McGurn in goal with Syme/Rumsby in front.  What about the rest of the team?  Should Jordan Garden be back at corners? :lol:

Don't know if you've noticed but the few seasoned pros cowdenbeath do have , have done nothing.Time to play the youth, alleged fringe players.Last win v east Fife with alleged fringe players.Billy Brown kept his supposed experienced players in the team and played them out of position when there is a lot better sitting on the bench.

Hmm - 9 of the team that started on Saturday started v East Fife!!!

Archived