Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

1 minute ago, The Minertaur said:

Good on Billy for realising that it wasn't for working and for being brave enough to say that he wasn't enjoying it.  

Now it's possibly the biggest managerial appointment in the clubs history.....good luck guys :lol:

Everton will be throwing money at Sean Dyche today to stop him considering a move to the kingdom. Harry Redknap is doing feck all.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Sky Sports News now comparing Sunderlands home record to our one between the 92 and 94 seasons.

What's the longest a senior team have went without scoring a goal? We can't be far off.

Edinburgh City are ahead of us in this I would let them worry about any record.

Big appointment. For me Colin Cameron. Couple of other names but they wouldnt be likely to join us im afraid. I dont believe handing the reins to ovenstone would be the right step. As he has been through our bad period so is culpable also as part of the staff. 

It's certainly got to be somebody with experience who knows how to get the best out of young players.  Cameron in fairness was excellent for that when he was in charge (rubbish with the senior players though) but I'd prefer somebody else.  God knows who though - we just need to hope that we get a decent number of applicants in.

Can expect to see the usual names linked with it though. 

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I saw on the inforwire section on here that Aberdeen didn't score any goals in their first 6 league matches back in 99/00.  We're currently 4 games without a goal (we had been 5 without a goal before it!)

Stirling managed 17  games in a row in 1981 - bizarrely they still didn't finish bottom of the league.

Can we please stop with the crys for a Colin Cameron return . Been there done that.  Any manager who leaves the club via mutual consent due to poor form regardless of whether it was in the championship should just be left at that and be remembered well for the great job he did by winning the old second division. 

Colin did well in his time here with a decent squad albeit benching Greg Stewart over Russell but he did inherit and already decent assembled squad. 

Financially Colin would be right in what we could probably afford and he knows the club well has international experience which all sounds good   but following his departure at Cowdenbeath he has been unsuccessful at this level and personally I don't think he is the right man for the current situation we find ourselves in. 

If Colin were to be appointed I would support that decision and get behind him but my limited interactions I had previously with him he isn't the best at how we comes across and I think at a club like ours you need a manager who understands the engagement with fans and the community like what Levien, Danny Lennon and Gary Locke came across as. 

We obviously don't have the luxury of who we would ideally like due to finances but who does people want in? 

Feel absolutely gutted for Billy Brown working with a bunch of youngsters and no money. He was up against it from the start. He deserves credit for walking away and not holding out for a payout like that arse Nicholl who is the man I blame for our current plight. 

Whoever gets the gig needs support from the fans and a bit of cash if we are  serious about staying in SPFL. Very, very difficult for the next man in the Cowden hotseat. Also board track record has not been the best in appointing managers so it doesn't fire me with confidence. I think Jim Moffat will be the next manager with Ovenstone remaining as no 2. 

All the best to the poor and mad b*****d who takes the gig. 

Archived