Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

So Gary Locke now confirmed as manager for the season ahead. A nerve jangling end to the season past with relief & disappointment in equal measure. I sense from a fans a wake up in terms of what could have been & can see a number of very welcome initiatives being led by them. What are your thoughts  & wishes for the season ahead who would you like to see signed & how do you think we will do. Over to you.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Gary Locke now confirmed as manager for the season ahead. A nerve jangling end to the season past with relief & disappointment in equal measure. I sense from a fans a wake up in terms of what could have been & can see a number of very welcome initiatives being led by them. What are your thoughts  & wishes for the season ahead who would you like to see signed & how do you think we will do. Over to you.

Half if not more of the players playing 9th July would be better than some of last few seasons flops

2 minutes ago, vince sinclair said:

He'll do a job imo
I thought he was one of our best players last season
Hardly got any service emoji26.png
Can we get Spence back in return? emoji23.png

I think he will do better with us. no offence meant as you say he may get better service with the present alloa squad, spence if he does not re-sign will be looking at championship or league 1 at least...

Kenny away too? I don't know the ins and outs of stuff, but I thought if he was to continue playing that it would be at us for sticking by him through and injury nightmare? If he is capable of doing a job at Kelty I feel he still had a lot to offer us at League 2 level.

On the other hand, he has always gave 100% for us and has been an excellent servant - maybe a change was the best option for all concerned. He leaves us with nothing but the best of wishes.

1 hour ago, Blue Oktober said:

Brilliant news about Gary 

In terms of who to sign it depends on who we realistically can get 

One thing is for sure is we need a proven goalscorer a solid midfielder in the middle of the park who can create chances and hold up the midfield Well as I think we have been very weak in midfield for a few seasons. Also a solid centre back Mbu want back if he is still fit and able 

2 hours ago, Blue Oktober said:

Would like to see Rumsby and Sime signed up - good central defensive pairing. Would like to see Swan and Muirhead feature in the first team.

Great to hear that the managerial situation has been decided. I'm sure that we all wish Gary and the team all the very best for the coming season. As great as the outcome of the play-off game was let's avoid that type of drama next season. I might have a stroke otherwise.

Good luck to Renton. He has the makings of a good striker and with better service would do more damage. Sad to see Kenny go and huge thanks to him for his great contribution in a Cowden jersey. 

Yet another rebuild required but hopefully we get the players sorted a bit earlier this time. We are going to need a new forward line and the midfield needs much more dig, security on the ball and decent ball distribution. 

After a near death experience surely life will get sweeter again ;) .

Renton was my POTY last season and was always going to move ahead so best of luck to him.

Kenny for as great as he has been over the years was never going to be here next season given his injury record in the last few years so again best wishes for him in the future.

Renton was my POTY last season and was always going to move ahead so best of luck to him.

Kenny for as great as he has been over the years was never going to be here next season given his injury record in the last few years so again best wishes for him in the future.

Kris Renton was voted CFC player of the year by the Cowdenbeath Supporters Club and received his trophy at the home match v EK

Archived