Preseasonwatch 2017-18

HibeeJibee

6 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:

I'm no convinced about us. I think you'll beat us on opening day.

If I was offered a draw on the opening day I'd take. Shire are a top side in this league and will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. We have a bit of nightmare start with away games against the top 3 sides in the the first 4 games so anything we can take from those games will be a bonus.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Born To Run said:

I note the Formartine twitter described it as a good result against a "decent" BSC team. Damning with faint praise :lol:

Can't wait for this season to get going now. Looks like several sides have added quality to the ranks, the Lowland just gets stronger and stronger...

Don't let that fool you. They were relieved to get away from New Tinto with a draw. We out muscled and out played them for long spells in that game. Their players were starting to get wound up with some niggly fouls and off the ball stuff starting to creep into the game.

If I was offered a draw on the opening day I'd take. Shire are a top side in this league and will be there or thereabouts come the end of the season. We have a bit of nightmare start with away games against the top 3 sides in the the first 4 games so anything we can take from those games will be a bonus.

Especially if it's against the others [emoji12] . I'd take a draw too. Scared of what Stevie Murray might do to our defence.

Dalbeattie Star 0 Beith Juniors 4 - Well beaten and could have been worse - some big players missing for us today. If we get our strongest eleven on the park most weeks we will do ok - mid table at best though. Couple more injuries then it could be a long hard season unless we can get some signings in soon.  

52 minutes ago, zoom said:

Shire 9 v 0 Burntisland Shipyard close door last night.

Thought Burntisland gave a good account of themselves for the first hour, just lacked the physical strength to keep it going.

Interesting that the referee last night had previously officiated at an Edusport match and rated them very highly. Said they were a tall, fast and physically strong side. Could be another team to watch out for this season.

On 7/26/2017 at 11:16, Nimmo's Notes said:

Thought Burntisland gave a good account of themselves for the first hour, just lacked the physical strength to keep it going.

Interesting that the referee last night had previously officiated at an Edusport match and rated them very highly. Said they were a tall, fast and physically strong side. Could be another team to watch out for this season.

Just remember that Edusports along with Stirling Uni are effectively Full-Time teams who train 5 days a weeks. I expect them both to be in the top half of the league.

Archived