Darvel Juniors 2017/18

Darvel Pie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Missed a sitter and a boy fell over when clean through on goalie , we should have been 2 up but after that got an absolute pumping 

Falling over doesn't count as a chance. If that was the case we had about 10 shots on target. Does that mean it should've been 10-2. 

Is there a case that the management change hasn’t worked ? What is the current manager’s CV in relation to Junior football both in a playing & coaching capacity compared to the manager he replaced ? I’ll start, Paddy played Junior with AWR, Troon & Lugar & had three year Junior management under his belt & 1 junior league title prior to the change, so, what is Noddy’s junior CV ???

3 minutes ago, Appraisal said:

Is there a case that the management change hasn’t worked ? What is the current manager’s CV in relation to Junior football both in a playing & coaching capacity compared to the manager he replaced ? I’ll start, Paddy played Junior with AWR, Troon & Lugar & had three year Junior management under his belt & 1 junior league title prior to the change, so, what is Noddy’s junior CV ???

Four years.

And he played for girvan.

12 points from 9 against 7 points from 10 , the latter involving a significant increase in the wage bill suggests the decision might have been made against the better interests of the team and the club. Lucky that there are no longer 4 relegation spots and even more lucky that maryhill and  shettleston have struggled. Survival in, rather than promotion from this league should have been the target and the season would have been a huge success enjoyed by the players. Talk of promotion must have put a pressure on the team that was both  unnecesssary and naive. 

3 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

Four years.

And he played for girvan.

12 points from 9 against 7 points from 10 , the latter involving a significant increase in the wage bill suggests the decision might have been made against the better interests of the team and the club. Lucky that there are no longer 4 relegation spots and even more lucky that maryhill and  shettleston have struggled. Survival in, rather than promotion from this league should have been the target and the season would have been a huge success enjoyed by the players. Talk of promotion must have put a pressure on the team that was both  unnecesssary and naive. 

Neil if u aim for promotion and fail it would suggest that u will stay up 

if u aim for mid table and fail the likelihood is u get relegated 

Up until the last few weeks they have been playing well and been unlucky but last 2 league games pumped 3nil and 6 nil would suggest there is either a lack of confidence or what I saw today which is unlike us over the last few seasons lack of fight which is concerning 

6 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Neil if u aim for promotion and fail it would suggest that u will stay up 

if u aim for mid table and fail the likelihood is u get relegated 

Up until the last few weeks they have been playing well and been unlucky but last 2 league games pumped 3nil and 6 nil would suggest there is either a lack of confidence or what I saw today which is unlike us over the last few seasons lack of fight which is concerning 

You haven,t managed a league point for three months. 12 points from 9 equates to about 35 points. 7 points from 10 equates to about 18 points. You can talk about people falling over and bad decisions but the facts suggest the decision, which you will recall I criticised at the time , was the wrong one. Good luck for the rest of the season but it looks like your prediction of not being far away might have been right under the previous management but it has been proved wrong since then .

20 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

You haven,t managed a league point for three months. 12 points from 9 equates to about 35 points. 7 points from 10 equates to about 18 points. You can talk about people falling over and bad decisions but the facts suggest the decision, which you will recall I criticised at the time , was the wrong one. Good luck for the rest of the season but it looks like your prediction of not being far away might have been right under the previous management but it has been proved wrong since then .

Can’t argue with that 

Great to see Graeme stopping the PlayStation formations and getting back to 4-4-2 

we have fucked about for weeks now trying things out but one thing is for sure if we had played 4–4- 2 all season we would probably have got promoted but another season in this league won’t do us any harm 

I just hope the meadow don’t go up as it would be a travesty as they are just no very good at all 

What a travesty. We hit the bar and a player fell over whilst through on the keeper who was man of the match and we were short three first picks. And the ref should have sent at least two more off. And our pies are better.

7 hours ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

What a travesty. We hit the bar and a player fell over whilst through on the keeper who was man of the match and we were short three first picks. And the ref should have sent at least two more off. And our pies are better.

Has Carson and black not been first team picks regularly this season? yet they started on the bench last night 

Noddy also played for Lugar

id just like to comment on last nights referee and its good to do so after winning the game but his performance last night was tantamount to cheating , he gave meadow everything from first whistle to last whistle and i believe the supervisor was at the game watching him last night , his report will say HOMER , he was fucking useless and thats me being kind to him

Archived