Darvel Juniors 2017/18

Darvel Pie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

Good performance from darvel today, markey had a double save apart from that thought darvel deserved to win. The wee team from up the valley are worth the watching, good local support today as well.

Yea we probably just shaded it pal but the pleasing thing for me was the crowd as well 

great to see and as u say a team worth watching

5 games played after being promoted and we are doing just fine 
2 experienced players away from being promoted again 

I called it right at the start of last season and proved the doubters wrong by predicting that Girvan were a decent looking side and that they would get promoted. I've also previously said that there's no reason that Darvel can't do the same and win back to back titles. Although I may have put a spanner in the works by putting money on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the best I have seen Darvel play in a long time I know it's only one day/game but we'll done today take nothing away from cambuslang met their committee before during and after the game had good banter all the best for the rest of the season and fair play management team came back in to our sponsors pub after the game and had a conversation with them very complementary of the Darvel performance

Every player played their part today including the 3 subs.

CR seemed to throw the towel in early in the 2nd half.

I was bit far away from it but not sure if Gemmell should have had a red card for his actions today.

He took a throw in and blatantly threw the ball ferociously at the back of a Darvel player.

The ref went straight over to the incident and after consulting with the linesman gave him a yellow card. I also think CR were asked to then retake it.

Well that's what I remember about it and maybe I'm wrong, so does anyone else have a view on it?

Archived