Darvel Juniors 2017/18

Darvel Pie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/22/2018 at 21:03, Darvel legend said:

Great to hear 16 players have signed contract extensions to June 2019 , this is testament to the work noddy , Jason and Barry have done and who came in under really difficult circumstances but for this to happen shows the boys have bought into their ways and have responded brilliantly to the new management team , if we don’t go up this season and I think we will what a squad of players they have to take the club forward .

this post will probably be deleted as we can’t have any positive news coming from down the brae 

the haters will be fizzing and if any clubs want our players make sure you have plenty dough in the bank 

Is the entire squad signed on Pro contracts?

34 minutes ago, Darvel Dave said:
45 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:
so how does that work with contracts  through until 2019?

Some contracts were up at end of this season so the players have been asked to sign just now for next season, brings some stability to squad knowing the majority will be here come August

Seems a win win for management and players 

Some contracts were up at end of this season so the players have been asked to sign just now for next season, brings some stability to squad knowing the majority will be here come August

If they were on pro deals then they can sign an extension, if they have signed but can’t be registered then they must be on amateur forms. Assuming there just playing for expenses then

Majority on pro deals now tt 

Good stuff, id hate to think they 6/7 players that weren’t good enough earlier in season could walk away for free

21 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Good stuff, id hate to think they 6/7 players that weren’t good enough earlier in season could walk away for free

If I was u I’d be doing my best to beat the craigmarks and Muirkirks of this world instead of bothering about the success story that is Darvel , it’s good to be us , u do ur best to be 4th in the adl :whistle what a season that would be 

5 minutes ago, Ardenvohr6 said:

Good to see you committing to so many players for next season. One less club bidding for really good players for the new season.

There is plenty there if the manager wants new players , that will be up to him , he’s done a fine job freshening things up so far 

If I was u I’d be doing my best to beat the craigmarks and Muirkirks of this world instead of bothering about the success story that is Darvel , it’s good to be us , u do ur best to be 4th in the adl :whistle what a season that would be 

Its good to be you until the sugar daddy gets bored

3 minutes ago, Terry Tibbs said:

Its good to be you until the sugar daddy gets bored

Work being done behind the scenes to improve things off the park to generate money. More supporters getting involved so that through time the club does not need to lean on individuals for finance. All good doon the brae, no negatives from darvel supporters .

2 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Work being done behind the scenes to improve things off the park to generate money. More supporters getting involved so that through time the club does not need to lean on individuals for finance. All good doon the brae, no negatives from darvel supporters .

It’s a pity those supporters didn’t get involved four or five seasons ago when it was needed, even turning up to games would have helped but it was the individual supporters that were left to it until last season when th team was capable of winning the league.

Archived