Darvel Juniors 2017/18

Darvel Pie

Great from darvel today. The two new boys who came on look a bit different from what we had in the squad, some small changes to first 11 but nothing major. As we have said the squad does not need a major overhaul just some additions.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

It’s amazing what good coaching and good training does to a really good squad of players 

we were fantastic today and could have scored 4 or 5 if not for the renfrew  keeper 

skinny commented yet or is he as sick as f**k this evening 

Thought Darvel were very good from back to front new players slotted in well great to see renfrew come back to the sponsors pub after the game 

12 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

It’s amazing what good coaching and good training does to a really good squad of players 

we were fantastic today and could have scored 4 or 5 if not for the renfrew  keeper 

Maybe it was a freshening up on the coaching side we were needing more than players, I don’t doubt the squad played for paddy but a new team coming in can maybe get an extra 10/15%. The warm up yesterday was evidence in itself that it is being looked at more professionally and not just a carry on.

Great result yesterday all players playing there part from start to Finish, no failures, first look at roddy Paterson and looked great when he came on, as DL said boydie was outstanding and a great captains performance from hendo let's keep this going next week at kilsyth c'mon the vale

morning guys sorry for the delay problems with the rabbit cam couldny catch the bugger,well done to the playing staff for a great result yesterday.same boys playing the same way in the same positions with the same tried and trusted formation,no coaching req,roddy is a great player saw him at lugar,but he would get hurt in a cotton wool factory,dont know to much about the boy mcmannus think his father was a wrestler mick i think,any way on to the coaching staff,just stand at the side of the park and watch these boys assembled by other folk on there day they are awsome,one guy said its great what good coaching can do yes that is correct but guys the good coaching was done before you guys came doon the brae,good enough coaching to win the ADL.but for me the master stroke that won darvel the game was lmo, move the home dug out to the other side quality coaching guys, good luck for the rest of the season you have inherited a great bunch of boys,AS I SAID BEFORE " NO COACHING REQ "

5 minutes ago, skinnymalinkylonglegs said:

morning guys sorry for the delay problems with the rabbit cam couldny catch the bugger,well done to the playing staff for a great result yesterday.same boys playing the same way in the same positions with the same tried and trusted formation,no coaching req,roddy is a great player saw him at lugar,but he would get hurt in a cotton wool factory,dont know to much about the boy mcmannus think his father was a wrestler mick i think,any way on to the coaching staff,just stand at the side of the park and watch these boys assembled by other folk on there day they are awsome,one guy said its great what good coaching can do yes that is correct but guys the good coaching was done before you guys came doon the brae,good enough coaching to win the ADL.but for me the master stroke that won darvel the game was lmo, move the home dug out to the other side quality coaching guys, good luck for the rest of the season you have inherited a great bunch of boys,AS I SAID BEFORE " NO COACHING REQ "

Ha ha ha ha that ur best reply u rocket 

27 minutes ago, skinnymalinkylonglegs said:

Boydie back at sweeper, Ernie back in the middle and hendo played further forward,not exactly the same positions or tried and trusted formations this season !

Fantastic display from Darvel yesterday. There is a good buzz about the place again which was helped with the way the guys placed and getting the crowd excited again. Got to say after speaking to a couple of players the training and new fitness coach seems to be a breath of fresh air and it certainly showed on the park yesterday. Keep it up , moan the vale 

22 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Was a gr8 result that will silence any haters, but can you not enjoy it without trying to have a pop at the old coaching staff, you've got a short memory of what they done for the club 

10 minutes ago, AYRSHIREBOY said:

Was a gr8 result that will silence any haters, but can you not enjoy it without trying to have a pop at the old coaching staff, you've got a short memory of what they done for the club 

Who had a pop at them like ?

and see if u think I did Paddy has had plenty of pops at people at the club in the press 

That’s football pick ur chin up and get on with things 

16 minutes ago, AYRSHIREBOY said:

It’s not a pop. Players were moved to different positions, substitutions were made at the correct times, warm up was different and more intense. It was different, maybe that was what was needed.

Archived