Darvel Juniors 2017/18

Darvel Pie

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Darvel legend said:

The support has went from 20 to around the  150 mark , most people would say that’s great to see but it seems to be a problem at Darvel 

Of course that’s good for the club and a successful team will always attract new supporters, but what was stopping the real fans putting their hand in their pockets to help the club when it was on the bones of its arse.

anyway the club is where it is and best of luck to you.

16 minutes ago, Ubidizzy said:

It’s a pity those supporters didn’t get involved four or five seasons ago when it was needed, even turning up to games would have helped but it was the individual supporters that were left to it until last season when th team was capable of winning the league.

Maybe your right it’s a pity that more, myself included didn’t get involved 4/5 years ago . There are no rights and wrongs of when people chose to go and watch football or indeed who they watch. I will probably be in my 3rd or 4th stint of watching darvel since I was 6 years old and I am now 45 with kids of my own of which my eldest is five and he is just getting into football. Is it wrong that I have chose to take my son like my dad did with me to watch darvel. Out of interest when did you first watch darvel and do you still?

1 minute ago, Ceejayar said:

Maybe your right it’s a pity that more, myself included didn’t get involved 4/5 years ago . There are no rights and wrongs of when people chose to go and watch football or indeed who they watch. I will probably be in my 3rd or 4th stint of watching darvel since I was 6 years old and I am now 45 with kids of my own of which my eldest is five and he is just getting into football. Is it wrong that I have chose to take my son like my dad did with me to watch darvel. Out of interest when did you first watch darvel and do you still?

I’m quite sure you know who I am as never hid behind a user name,and of course it’s great that you take your son, my point was as you said more help 4/5 season ago would have been good.

19 minutes ago, Ubidizzy said:

Of course that’s good for the club and a successful team will always attract new supporters, but what was stopping the real fans putting their hand in their pockets to help the club when it was on the bones of its arse.

anyway the club is where it is and best of luck to you.

Alex it’s like anything else if ur successful more people will come and watch , that’s just human nature 

Unbelievable.. as soon as a positive bit of information gets put up about Darvel everyone comes back to have a wee dig. It’s great to see we have signed up our boys on longer deals. As for the support, maybe it’s down to the chairman trying hard to get the valley locals down to support the team again.. the man deserves alot of credit for his efforts. Looking forward to the next home match and will be bringing my son down to watch his first VALE game!! The support is only going to increase with the next generation starting to come along! ALL POSITIVE DOON THE BRAE MOAN THE VALE 

It’s a pity those supporters didn’t get involved four or five seasons ago when it was needed, even turning up to games would have helped but it was the individual supporters that were left to it until last season when th team was capable of winning the league.
Some of the fans who are there just now have been going on and off for the past 25 or so years ( some even longer ) not just the past 5, everyone has their own reasons for that whether it's work, families, both or playing a sport etc, I even remember watching darvel when DL thought he was a player! [emoji23][emoji23]

7 hours ago, Darvel Dave said:

Some of the fans who are there just now have been going on and off for the past 25 or so years ( some even longer ) not just the past 5, everyone has their own reasons for that whether it's work, families, both or playing a sport etc, I even remember watching darvel when DL thought he was a player! emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Jeeesus, those shorts:wacko::wacko:

1 hour ago, Ceejayar said:

Jeeesus, those shorts:wacko::wacko:

9 hours ago, Darvel Dave said:

Some of the fans who are there just now have been going on and off for the past 25 or so years ( some even longer ) not just the past 5, everyone has their own reasons for that whether it's work, families, both or playing a sport etc, I even remember watching darvel when DL thought he was a player! emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Oh they were the days , few of that team coming down to a game in the near future , be great to see Raymond fallon , Geordie Coll , jimmy Petro etc great guys and they could play as well 

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Oh they were the days , few of that team coming down to a game in the near future , be great to see Raymond fallon , Geordie Coll , jimmy Petro etc great guys and they could play as well 

Yous should bring your runners up medals to show  the boys, most of them will never have had a runners up medal only winners medals lol 

19 minutes ago, AYRSHIREBOY said:

Yous should bring your runners up medals to show show the boys, most of them will never have had a runners up medal only winners medals lol 

Aye n team that beat us on goal difference for the title only won the junior cup that season and played us 3 times and never beat us 

9 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Aye n team that beat us on goal difference for the title only won the junior cup that season and played us 3 times and never beat us 

Ma dad was the hendo of that era. Used to watch the last ten minutes of every game himself behind the goals at the cemetery end being a nervous wreck 

35 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Ma dad was the hendo of that era. Used to watch the last ten minutes of every game himself behind the goals at the cemetery end being a nervous wreck 

Why does your dad not go now a days ? 

1 hour ago, Ceejayar said:

Ken the funniest thing about that season and it wasn’t at the time , we played Largs had to beat them to win the league ,up 1-0 champagne was on the table at the side of the park , we kept playing and playing and I said to the ref how long to go here ? He says no idea my watch has stopped !!! 

Cue the 98th minute equaliser and bedlam at time up , and after they won the Scottish cup won their last 5 league games n beat us on goal difference 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Ken the funniest thing about that season and it wasn’t at the time , we played Largs had to beat them to win the league ,up 1-0 champagne was on the table at the side of the park , we kept playing and playing and I said to the ref how long to go here ? He says no idea my watch has stopped !!! 

Cue the 98th minute equaliser and bedlam at time up , and after they won the Scottish cup won their last 5 league games n beat us on goal difference 

Brutal Jim, a remember goin with your John and wee Alan Duncan to dalmellington, muirkirk and down at Largs hoping they would drop a point but they didnae

Archived