Darvel Juniors 2017/18

Darvel Pie

20 minutes ago, skinnymalinkylonglegs said:

sorry about the book m8,just thought it strange to bring it up now,him and a lot of other people helped out,no knighthood reqd,mibby a wee day out in your hospitality tent will be enough,as you make friends where ever you go,send the big man a hug,:wub:

He’s been asked up by myself numerous times but for some the reason the guy who’s Darvel thru and thru Gos to every junior ground in Ayrshire bar Darvel 

strange one 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry about the book m8,just thought it strange to bring it up now,him and a lot of other people helped out,no knighthood reqd,mibby a wee day out in your hospitality tent will be enough,as you make friends where ever you go,send the big man a hug,:wub:

Jim ma dad was askin for a look at the hampden album, has someone at the club got it?

If u check the posts it was just one darvel guy asking another about the book, nothing strange about that as it means a lot to some

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

but hes upset a family that are darvel thru and thru and have been long before he apperared on the scene , hes been thanked numerous times for keeping darvel going , what else you want us to do give him a knighthood ? 

I strongly recommend that you contact the Police, sounds to me like a clear case of theft.

3 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

I strongly recommend that you contact the Police, sounds to me like a clear case of theft.

Surely a person with any decency would just hand it back. It may just be an oversight  with no malice intended.

5 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

I’m not a lawyer. Is it theft?

If you believe Jim Wylie then it is for sure. Be sure to let him know I haven't visited every junior ground in Scotland. I haven't been to Brechin vics  yet but I'm working on it. 

8 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

If you believe Jim Wylie then it is for sure. Be sure to let him know I haven't visited every junior ground in Scotland. I haven't been to Brechin vics  yet but I'm working on it. 

Do you have the hampden book?

4 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Do you have the hampden book?

No. I got it in 2006 when I ran a sportsmanship dinner to commemorate 30 years since the cup final. I copied some of the pictures and put them on the walls of the town hall that night. I handed over £5000 to Jim McLaughlin which was twice what we made. Jim Gilmore went away with the bar takings of about £500 and I never saw him again. I returned the album to Jim McLaughlin and have not seen it since. Jim Wylie gave me a bag full of pictures and I used some for the 125th anniversary programme in the game v Killie. It's in my office for him to collect. He knows that because I've told him more than once. He has been quick enough to come to the office for business purposes so I don't know what's stopped him picking it up. Maybe the stairs are too much for him.

35 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

No. I got it in 2006 when I ran a sportsmanship dinner to commemorate 30 years since the cup final. I copied some of the pictures and put them on the walls of the town hall that night. I handed over £5000 to Jim McLaughlin which was twice what we made. Jim Gilmore went away with the bar takings of about £500 and I never saw him again. I returned the album to Jim McLaughlin and have not seen it since. Jim Wylie gave me a bag full of pictures and I used some for the 125th anniversary programme in the game v Killie. It's in my office for him to collect. He knows that because I've told him more than once. He has been quick enough to come to the office for business purposes so I don't know what's stopped him picking it up. Maybe the stairs are too much for him.

I gave u that album when’s my dad died 

I called to get it back 

U said u didn’t have it 

well some one has it 

3 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I gave u that album when’s my dad died 

I called to get it back 

U said u didn’t have it 

well some one has it 

I never had it Jim. We had this conversation long before your dad passed away. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're mistaken but the bag with the stuff you did give me is still in the office and I've told you that several times. 

Just now, valleyboy said:

I never had it Jim. We had this conversation long before your dad passed away. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're mistaken but the bag with the stuff you did give me is still in the office and I've told you that several times. 

We will agree to differ Neil , but it doesn’t matter if the club has another one I will get one made up for my mum , my recollection is after my dad passed away u asked for a picture of my dad for match programme , I brought in the burgundy binder full of the Hampden photos and u picked one  , I’ve never got it back 

1 hour ago, valleyboy said:

Neil the work you done for darvel will never be forgotten, you probably did keep us afloat but I would like to think if you have anything that belongs to the club it would be returned. Also I think I can say on behalf of the supporters you will be made more than welcome doon the brae if you chose to do so.

43 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Neil the work you done for darvel will never be forgotten, you probably did keep us afloat but I would like to think if you have anything that belongs to the club it would be returned. Also I think I can say on behalf of the supporters you will be made more than welcome doon the brae if you chose to do so.

You are right on the  point about returning property, and it is nice of you to say what you did. i hope your dads keeping well and enjoying the unexpected success at darvel of late . 

1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

We will agree to differ Neil , but it doesn’t matter if the club has another one I will get one made up for my mum , my recollection is after my dad passed away u asked for a picture of my dad for match programme , I brought in the burgundy binder full of the Hampden photos and u picked one  , I’ve never got it back 

No you didn't Jim. The only photographs you gave me are in the bag you gave me them in and are lying in the office as I have told you on more than one occasion. That you chose not to collect them is up to you but they are still there exactly as I received them. Clearly you have forgotten you gave me them and maybe that's because you got them from your mum .

5 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

No you didn't Jim. The only photographs you gave me are in the bag you gave me them in and are lying in the office as I have told you on more than one occasion. That you chose not to collect them is up to you but they are still there exactly as I received them. Clearly you have forgotten you gave me them and maybe that's because you got them from your mum .

I’m no saying any more on the subject 

I will get a new album made up for the family 

21 minutes ago, valleyboy said:

You are right on the  point about returning property, and it is nice of you to say what you did. i hope your dads keeping well and enjoying the unexpected success at darvel of late . 

He is keeping well, can’t get him to get off the chair on a Saturday to go and watch but also can’t stop him talking about darvel when he starts.

Archived