• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Jambomo

Fracking

7 hours ago, Jambomo said:

It came from the original public consultation I think. The one the was in the link on the first page of this thread. I filled it in.

I see it now, shame it wasn't publicised better. Oh well.

On 16/10/2017 at 05:46, glassnahalf said:

I see it now, shame it wasn't publicised better. Oh well.

This kind of stuff really annoys me. It was a consultation that lasted for several weeks, if not months, was widely reported in the news and is, as with all consultations, published on the SG website (https://consult.scotland.gov.uk/) . People have little excuse for not knowing about this kind of stuff. You can sign up to receive email alerts on what consultations are running, have just been launched and are closing.

24 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

As mentioned by the Dons fan earlier in the thread one of the next big things will be developing some kind of electricity storage technique that allows excess power generated by wind turbines to be captured and held in reserve for times when they aren't generating as much power. I think Statoil are looking at this. Will be interesting to see how this area develops.

As mentioned by the Dons fan earlier in the thread one of the next big things will be developing some kind of electricity storage technique that allows excess power generated by wind turbines to be captured and held in reserve for times when they aren't generating as much power. I think Statoil are looking at this. Will be interesting to see how this area develops.

Well at least Statoil won't be blocked in their research by their government, and have plenty of money because of their oil fund. Could have been us.....

I think Elon Musk is investing a lot into research for this too, I may be wrong but I seem to remember a prototype plant in Nevada?

9 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Well at least Statoil won't be blocked in their research by their government, and have plenty of money because of their oil fund. Could have been us.....

"We" got the M25 so swings and roundabouts...

... :(

"We" got the M25 so swings and roundabouts...

And Hinckley Point for clean energy too. And remember a pound spent in Croydon is worth more than a pound spent in Scotland Boris Johnson

On 20/10/2017 at 09:44, RiG said:

This kind of stuff really annoys me. It was a consultation that lasted for several weeks, if not months, was widely reported in the news and is, as with all consultations, published on the SG website (https://consult.scotland.gov.uk/) . People have little excuse for not knowing about this kind of stuff. You can sign up to receive email alerts on what consultations are running, have just been launched and are closing.

The SG website is not one of my bookmarks I'm afraid. Far too much flim flam! But surely something of this importance should surely have had a national drive in all media, not only the internet, I'm talking TV, newspapers and letterdrops.

52 minutes ago, glassnahalf said:

The SG website is not one of my bookmarks I'm afraid. Far too much flim flam! But surely something of this importance should surely have had a national drive in all media, not only the internet, I'm talking TV, newspapers and letterdrops.

If you were interested enough to make anything more than a fatuous point, I'm sure you could have taken the opportunity to contribute.

As it is, i fear you're digging a hole for yourself.

Merely saying what I've stated before. I had no idea that the "SG" had a webpage about this. I don't go searching for internet pages about consultations etc unless I've been advised about them by aforesaid gvmt, hence my post... on a football-oriented forum!

surely something of this importance should surely have had a national drive in all media, not only the internet, I'm talking TV, newspapers and letterdrops.

There was, min. Shame you're not that observant. Honestly, if you really cared, you'd've made the effort...

I didn't receive any such mailing, but do suppose there was a mention to the web address buried in a story about it, but I can't remember seeing any adverts in the press. I'll give you TV though as I very rarely watch it, so it must have been there.

Just now, glassnahalf said:

as I said, not internet, printed newspapers

The vast majority of those articles will have appeared in the printed editions as well. Things like letter drops, whilst a good idea on paper, would become prohibitively expensive given the number of consultations which take place every year. Unless you have been living under a rock *chuckle* for the last year and a bit there is no way you couldn't have known about this topic.

Are people actually failing to realise this is serial loser and alias creator McSpreader?
Fucking hell

Daft c**t started a thread in the TV forum asking if anyone watched Ray Donovan.

5 series its been on for.

Daft c**t started a thread in the TV forum asking if anyone watched Ray Donovan.

5 series its been on for.

Hawick. Nuff said