Fracking

Jambomo

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be most surprised if this is not one of the areas where Westminster seeks 'regulatory alignment' with the rest of the UK, as part of the Brexit power grab.

They’ll saying it’s to align Scotland with the UK then they’ll do no fracking England and all of it in Scotland.

That self loathing doormat Mastermind and his chums will be along to gloat about fracking in Scotland I imagine.

• 4 months later...
53 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

5 minor tremors in the area since fracking started down in Lancashire

All under 0.4 and undetectable at the surface. I wonder what reading you'd get nearby a big pile driver for example? Or by a road with heavy lorry traffic? Or near a football ground where fans are doing the bouncy bouncy. Genuinely curious.

There has been an increase in man made earthquakes in areas of the USA with fracking.

In America fracking has polluted the water table.

And we need to reduce carbon pollution not drag every bit of oil and gas out the ground to enrich elites.

There is plenty of evidence for all three of those points.

52 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There has been an increase in man made earthquakes in areas of the USA with fracking.

In America fracking has polluted the water table.

And we need to reduce carbon pollution not drag every bit of oil and gas out the ground to enrich elites.

There is plenty of evidence for all three of those points.

Damned elites with their fancy gas cookers and whatnot.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Damned elites with their gas cookers and whatnot.

Gas cookers have been running just fine without UK fracking.

As you well know the purpose of fracking in the UK isn't to provide energy for consumers but to provide profits for the shareholders of Centrica, Ineos and other corporations.

Just now, Detournement said:

Gas cookers have been running just fine without UK fracking.

As you well know the purpose of fracking in the UK isn't to provide energy for consumers but to provide profits for the shareholders of Centrica, Ineos and other corporations.

Boosting the earnings of all these fascist elitist pension funds, no doubt.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Boosting the earnings of all these fascist elitist pension funds, no doubt.

Pensions funds. The go to argument of the floundering right wing bore.

It is obviously impossible to provide a decent standard of living to retired people without pandering to the whims of financialized capital to destroy the environment.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Pensions funds. The go to argument of the floundering right wing bore.

It is obviously impossible to provide a decent standard of living to retired people without pandering to the whims of financialized capital to destroy the environment.

Aye, ok HB.

Rik-Mayall-Rick-in-The-Young-Ones-428x37

21 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

My wife did say last night she felt the earth move but I don't think this was caused by fracking.

Yeah it probably wasn't caused by anything that started with an 'f' and ended 'ing'.

Archived