Fracking

Jambomo

54 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Fracking is not just a geological issue. The releae of gas is, by definition, uncontrolled to some extent. Methane gas escaping to the air is disastrous as it has considerably more global warming potential than carbon dioxide.

It also normalises the burning of fossil fuels at a time when we are starting to see a move to more renewable energy. Anything which increases supply of fuels like that is necessarily not a good thing for the global environment.

According to reports cows farting is contributing to global warming.

I'm all for shutting down all Burger outlets to reduce the breeding of those smelly cows, who's with me?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all this methane gas increasing global warming I looked into the cow farting process but was shocked to find that we humans are also responsible for methane release through farting.

Humans pass gas through farting at a rate of 0.5 - 2Ltrs per day of which up to 26% is methane and as the world population dramatically increases you can see the problem in that the planet will be enveloped in a cloud of farted methane, is this one of the reasons why the Chinese ordered by law one child by couple? interesting.

Now as I mentioned earlier to reduce the cow farting problem we should boycott burger outlets, but this could increase vegetarianism and unfortunately vegetarians fart more methane than meat eaters! due to their high intake of vegetables especially cabbage.

So with us and the cows farting, landfill waste, sewage plants, fracking etc we are feckin doomed unless we help a little by somehow stopping shiting and farting.

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

According to reports cows farting is contributing to global warming.

I'm all for shutting down all Burger outlets to reduce the breeding of those smelly cows, who's with me?

You are aware that plenty of people have argued that the unrestricted growth of the meat industry has contributed detrimentally to climate change.

6 hours ago, NotThePars said:

You are aware that plenty of people have argued that the unrestricted growth of the meat industry has contributed detrimentally to climate change.

And as I found out we humans are just as bad, surely the Green Party could introduce a bill to penalise farting to reduce methane release into the atmosphere.

• 4 months later...

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/mar/29/david-cameron-laments-painfully-slow-fracking-progress-in-uk

David Cameron has a petted lip over the Greens slowing fracking and letting him and his American buddies at that delicious gas.

DC gets cut some amount of slack by the media. Libya, a generation on needless Austerity, Brexit, that pig.
He was a terrible PM.

If there are tens of thousands of fracking wells in the States, someone should be able to come up with a definitive answer as to whether there's a safe way of doing it, or not.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

If there are tens of thousands of fracking wells in the States, someone should be able to come up with a definitive answer as to whether there's a safe way of doing it, or not.

I'd say half a million bucks in a couple of congress members back pockets should prove definitively how safe it is.

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/mar/29/david-cameron-laments-painfully-slow-fracking-progress-in-uk

David Cameron has a petted lip over the Greens slowing fracking and letting him and his American buddies at that delicious gas.

DC gets cut some amount of slack by the media. Libya, a generation on needless Austerity, Brexit, that pig.
He was a terrible PM.

So he is still alive?

I thought he must have died immediately after his resignation, given how little he is mentioned nowadays.

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

So he is still alive?

I thought he must have died immediately after his resignation, given how little he is mentioned nowadays.

He's doing what every ex-politician does, starts raking in the cash, because he's worth it. Knows from Blair that it's better to do it under the radar. Probably got $50,000 for that speech.

13 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

I'd say half a million bucks in a couple of congress members back pockets should prove definitively how safe it is.

The anti-fracking people are just as biased, their natural hostility to carbon emissions leads them to twist all the other data against it. I'd like to see some unemotional and non-greedy assessments.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He's doing what every ex-politician does, starts raking in the cash, because he's worth it. Knows from Blair that it's better to do it under the radar. Probably got $50,000 for that speech.

If there’s anything that would convince be of a world order conspiracy it’s discredited ex-politicians who have zero credibility getting paid huge sums of money for speeches, appearances, board positions, etc.

16 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Cameron: Come on, let's get cracking on extracting these fossil fuels!
Also Cameron: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2010/may/14/cameron-wants-greenest-government-ever

It's difficult to shake the feeling that the ability of the Scottish Government to ban fracking (or even have an effective moratorium) will somehow be taken away in the Brexit power grab.  I can definitely see Scotland getting fracked to f**k, against it's will, in the not so distant future.

Archived