Fracking

Jambomo

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/10/2017 at 05:46, glassnahalf said:

I see it now, shame it wasn't publicised better. Oh well.

This kind of stuff really annoys me. It was a consultation that lasted for several weeks, if not months, was widely reported in the news and is, as with all consultations, published on the SG website (https://consult.scotland.gov.uk/) . People have little excuse for not knowing about this kind of stuff. You can sign up to receive email alerts on what consultations are running, have just been launched and are closing.

24 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

As mentioned by the Dons fan earlier in the thread one of the next big things will be developing some kind of electricity storage technique that allows excess power generated by wind turbines to be captured and held in reserve for times when they aren't generating as much power. I think Statoil are looking at this. Will be interesting to see how this area develops.

As mentioned by the Dons fan earlier in the thread one of the next big things will be developing some kind of electricity storage technique that allows excess power generated by wind turbines to be captured and held in reserve for times when they aren't generating as much power. I think Statoil are looking at this. Will be interesting to see how this area develops.

Well at least Statoil won't be blocked in their research by their government, and have plenty of money because of their oil fund. Could have been us.....

I think Elon Musk is investing a lot into research for this too, I may be wrong but I seem to remember a prototype plant in Nevada?

9 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Well at least Statoil won't be blocked in their research by their government, and have plenty of money because of their oil fund. Could have been us.....

"We" got the M25 so swings and roundabouts...

... :(

On 20/10/2017 at 09:44, RiG said:

This kind of stuff really annoys me. It was a consultation that lasted for several weeks, if not months, was widely reported in the news and is, as with all consultations, published on the SG website (https://consult.scotland.gov.uk/) . People have little excuse for not knowing about this kind of stuff. You can sign up to receive email alerts on what consultations are running, have just been launched and are closing.

The SG website is not one of my bookmarks I'm afraid. Far too much flim flam! But surely something of this importance should surely have had a national drive in all media, not only the internet, I'm talking TV, newspapers and letterdrops.

52 minutes ago, glassnahalf said:

The SG website is not one of my bookmarks I'm afraid. Far too much flim flam! But surely something of this importance should surely have had a national drive in all media, not only the internet, I'm talking TV, newspapers and letterdrops.

If you were interested enough to make anything more than a fatuous point, I'm sure you could have taken the opportunity to contribute.

As it is, i fear you're digging a hole for yourself.

surely something of this importance should surely have had a national drive in all media, not only the internet, I'm talking TV, newspapers and letterdrops.

There was, min. Shame you're not that observant. Honestly, if you really cared, you'd've made the effort...

Just now, glassnahalf said:

as I said, not internet, printed newspapers

The vast majority of those articles will have appeared in the printed editions as well. Things like letter drops, whilst a good idea on paper, would become prohibitively expensive given the number of consultations which take place every year. Unless you have been living under a rock *chuckle* for the last year and a bit there is no way you couldn't have known about this topic.

Archived