The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Cumbernauld, were they to win their game on Saturday, would be level with Glencairn.

Honestly thought we would have been closer to the chasing pack at this point .Our form and lack of a potent fire power have resulted in us  being up and down like a brides nightie.We will have a say in who does go up though but in my heart of hearts think we will miss out .Sad thing being not many of the teams above us are a million miles ahead of us ....then again if your auntie shaved she would be your uncle .Interesting times ahead methinks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly thought we would have been closer to the chasing pack at this point .Our form and lack of a potent fire power have resulted in us  being up and down like a brides nightie.We will have a say in who does go up though but in my heart of hearts think we will miss out .Sad thing being not many of the teams above us are a million miles ahead of us ....then again if your auntie shaved she would be your uncle .Interesting times ahead methinks

But if you win on Saturday you're level with the play-off places ? Or even in the play-off places if you win by enough goals ? I think you're just trying to lower expectations, as in my opinion you're very much in contention.

I know some people say this is pointless, but it's only for interest. Here's the maximum points totals for each team in the league as it stands just now :-

69 - Petershill

65 - Cambuslang Rangers

59 - Irvine Meadow XI

58 - Troon

56 - Cumbernauld United, Rutherglen Glencairn

54 - Renfrew

50 - Largs Thistle

46 - Kello Rovers

45 - Larkhall Thistle

43 - Darvel Juniors, Kilsyth Rangers

35 - Maryhill

33 - Shettleston

2 minutes ago, glensmad said:

I know some people say this is pointless, but it's only for interest. Here's the maximum points totals for each team in the league as it stands just now :-
69 - Petershill
65 - Cambuslang Rangers
59 - Cumbernauld United
58 - Troon
56 - Cumbernauld United, Rutherglen Glencairn
54 - Renfrew
50 - Largs Thistle
46 - Kello Rovers
45 - Larkhall Thistle
43 - Darvel Juniors, Kilsyth Rangers
35 - Maryhill
33 - Shettleston

Meadow ?

But if you win on Saturday you're level with the play-off places ? Or even in the play-off places if you win by enough goals ? I think you're just trying to lower expectations, as in my opinion you're very much in contention.

I agree with you Peter, we’re by no means out of the promotion hunt. I’m confident we’ll be in the mix come the end of the season. Village Elder is very much a pessimist by nature [emoji6]

Its certainly getting interesting; Of course no team will win all their remaining games and having a lot of games in hand very often does not help as it means playing 2 or 3 times a week during May and we have all seen what that can result in. However I was just sticking my neck out as to how I see it finishing. As for Glensmads' table' we now know the true identity of Scotsvo!

Meadow have won their last five league games, conceding one goal in the process.

Team is slowly improving. David MacKay and Jordan MaGuire are good acquisitions and Boyd/McTernan upfront are linking up very well. I would be disappointed with anything less than a playoff place.

Plenty of fitba still to be played.

On 4/2/2018 at 16:04, TheNauld said:

I agree with you Peter, we’re by no means out of the promotion hunt. I’m confident we’ll be in the mix come the end of the season. Village Elder is very much a pessimist by nature emoji6.png

true

On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 15:54, glensmad said:

Might be an idea to look at the points gained as a percentage of the maximum possible for the respective games played for those teams with games in hand.

Might also be an idea to translate that into English.

Might be an idea to look at the points gained as a percentage of the maximum possible for the respective games played for those teams with games in hand.

On you go then. [emoji6]

9 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Waste of time really as we know it won't go like this but think this is what you meant, rounded  them up or down to the nearest point.

67 - Petershill

57 - Cambuslang Rangers

47 - Renfrew

47 - Troon

43 - Largs Thistle

42 - Irvine Meadow XI

40 - Rutherglen Glencairn

37 - Cumbernauld United,

27 - Darvel Juniors

27 -  Kilsyth Rangers

26 - Kello Rovers

24 - Larkhall Thistle

13  - Shettleston

8 - Maryhill

1 hour ago, outsider said:

Waste of time really as we know it won't go like this but think this is what you meant, rounded  them up or down to the nearest point.

It wasn't what I was meaning - but this is probably better than what I was meaning.

And so the midweek mayhem commences on Wednesday night :-

Cambuslang Rangers (3rd) v Petershill (1st)

Cumbernauld United (8th) v Maryhill (14th)

Irvine Meadow XI (7th) v Troon (5th)

Rutherglen Glencairn (6th) v Larkhall Thistle (12th)

Your thoughts ?

Archived