The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday's fixtures :-

Cambuslang Rangers (3rd) v Irvine Meadow XI (7th)

Kello Rovers (11th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (8th)

Largs Thistle (4th) v Cumbernauld United (10th)

Maryhill (13th) v Kilsyth Rangers (12th)

Renfrew (2nd) v Petershill (1st)

Shettleston (14th) v Darvel Juniors (5th)

Troon (6th) v Larkhall Thistle (9th)

The top two clashing at New Western Park looks to be the match of the day.

Your thoughts ?

Thoroughly enjoyed Cambuslang v Meadow yesterday. We dominated the match from start to finish and somehow managed to find ourselves behind. But we dug in and won quite comfortably in the end. Big thanks to IM who brought a good crowd through with them. Thought the ref got all bar 1 decision right. The first medda 1 was definitely a second yellow and had to go. The second medda red card was 100% correct and such a stupid red card after kicking our player who was on the ground 3 or 4 times. 1 of our players reacted and should have been off as well.  Barry eley was then sent off for us and it was 2 clear bookings. Anyway great to see the crowds back at the Lang and there is certainly a feel good factor at the club just now.

a straight toss up between the Shittleston and Cumbernauld  outcomes for results of the day.Happy to say that I watched a Cumbernauld United team allow Largs to huff and puff but left them unable even to blow the paper house down. A very modest Largs team with much to be modest about

I attended Cambuslang v Meadow yesterday, great crowd and a testament to what the juniors can attract when there's no top league senior football in the area.

Three red cards (should have been four), seven goals, great saves, bad misses, some appalling refereeing decisions, and a game that swung in several directions.

Thoroughly entertaining. A bit surprised that I had to pay for my 10-year-old daughter to get in, but hey each club to their own policy.

I attended Cambuslang v Meadow
A bit surprised that I had to pay for my 10-year-old daughter to get in, but hey each club to their own policy.

Very Very surprised to here this Peter as its not something our club do. Do u know who was on the gate?

I was the same at Darvel last week though. Pretty poor to charge for kids and Darvel the only side this season so far to charge me for my 10 year old.

Very Very surprised to here this Peter as its not something our club do. Do u know who was on the gate?

I was the same at Darvel last week though. Pretty poor to charge for kids and Darvel the only side this season so far to charge me for my 10 year old.

Nah, I didn't recognise the guy on the gate, but I said "one adult and a 10-year-old" and gave him a tenner, and received a pound coin in change.

Deco had promised me a comp as well...

When did that change,always charged when I was Treasurer

Archived