The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5-4 win at larkhall today what a game of football it was had everything red card,2pens,great goals from both teams,terrible defending,shocking refereeing and a 95th min winner.

Larkhall were leading 4 times in the match aswell.

Don't think there's any highlights for it later.

38 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

This league is going to go to the wire this season 

safe to say no one is going to run away with it and every game darvel have been involved in could have went any way 

we might have had 15 points but also could have none 

That's pretty much the way of things in this league every season, there are very few easy games ever.

Our matches have been very similar, we lost our first three but could easily have got something out of them all. Then we've won two in a row, with an unusual easy win over Kilsyth followed by the topsy turvy game on Saturday with Larkhall which could have gone either way but fortunately we got the lucky final break.

We've scored 14 goals and conceded 14 goals, which pretty much sums up our season so far. Only one team in the league has scored more goals than us, but we're conceding way too many, so it's not hard to work out where our priorities are for strengthening the squad.

Am hearing both superr first games this saturday will not have any assistant referees in place, poor show imo, a few contentious decisions ahead i think, games hard enough for a ref in this league to officiate never mind with no help in offside decisions and whatever else happens out of the refs sight

1 hour ago, Krfc 10 said:

Am hearing both superr first games this saturday will not have any assistant referees in place, poor show imo, a few contentious decisions ahead i think, games hard enough for a ref in this league to officiate never mind with no help in offside decisions and whatever else happens out of the refs sight

Certainly none listed at the moment, there are usually 13 pairs of assistants used in the west every week, and as far as I can see between the league and cup lists there are only 10 pairs listed for Saturday. Perhaps there are a few missing due to the holiday weekend? Hopefully they can find some before Saturday.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

I think Kilsyth have a must-win game there. Sitting in 10th and losing at home would be hard to recover from. 

Other match will be a draw.

Mcbookie site in meltdown as P&B punters lump on Darvel and Peasy/Largs doubles. :o

:lol:

1 hour ago, tommyboy said:

Mcbookie site in meltdown as P&B punters lump on Darvel and Peasy/Largs doubles. :o

:lol:

You obviously didn't notice my subtle manoeuvre by not actually predicting the outcome at Kilsyth. 

Smarter than the average poster!

Archived