The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, R.G.F.C said:

Poor start to the league got what we deserved today.

Good win for darvel today should be a tough match next week.

Think shettleston have got a long hard season ahead off them.

Town will struggle this season ,need at least 3 or 4 experienced  junior players  to at least not finish bottom.

Town where better first 30 mins huffed and puffed but never took their chances.Kello first goal was a low inswinging corner and town defender went to head away and somehow ended in the net.Kello are half decent unit and well organised amd took there chances.0-5 was maybe slightly harsh but the baw was burst after town down to ten men after 0-3 

No disrespect to some of the ammy boys who have been put into team but at moment they are not upto the standard required.There are a few good players who have stepped up  just need a wee bit of experience around about them and they would do fine        

Cambuslang 2 Kilsyth 0
We had enough chances today today to win several games , but as happens when u dont take your chances u get punished , mind u it was a very soft penalty for the 1st goal , thought lang were very physical today and will bully a few teams , and there no2 was very lucky today , as the ref
And his two assistants saw fit to miss phil dolan being punched to the ground ???
Wasnt impressed with lang , the no9 is 2 stone overweight but he got the goals an they got the points, so at the end of the day theyl be happy enough with there
Day

Our keeper hardly had a save to make. I also missed this alleged punch[emoji33]. We didn't play well today but will take 3 points any way we can get them. Big Gemmell did what needed to be done and that's put the ball in the back of the net. Happy with the winning start and not impressed with Kilsyth[emoji12]

Listen u took your chances when they came along which is the name of the game !

I can assure it wasnt an alleged punch, it happened , i saw it with my own eyes ?

The reason he never had a save is because we blasted a good few over the bar and post , our shooting was woeful to be honest , mibby not impressed wasnt the right words to use , i expected more from u might be better words

The boy with the pony tail is a good player , Mcrobbie ?

We'l get better i think , we're still going through a transitional period just now.

6 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Cambuslang 2 Kilsyth 0
We had enough chances today today to win several games , but as happens when u dont take your chances u get punished , mind u it was a very soft penalty for the 1st goal , thought lang were very physical today and will bully a few teams , and there no2 was very lucky today , as the ref
And his two assistants saw fit to miss phil dolan being punched to the ground ???
Wasnt impressed with lang , the no9 is 2 stone overweight but he got the goals an they got the points, so at the end of the day theyl be happy enough with there
Day

You must have been at a different game from me. You have had a right go at us but at the end of the day we sat down tonight to a deserved 3 points. Thought we totally controlled the game and limited you to a few chances . Also slagging big gemmell. Guy has played at a very decent level and came up trumps again today and it was a clear as day penalty. You guys played some nice football in 1st half and you are very lucky to have Chris and Spud as your managements team as I am convinced they will go right to the top. All the best

dk he did a job for u yesterday for sure but he's overweight come on ??
A thought we were the better team in the first half , was a very soft pen imo , plus it was only 1-0 when your no2 decided 2 punch pj dolan off the ball ?
He goes off as he should have its a different game when uve a man xtra ? But as u say uve the 3pts at the end of the day .

You must have been at a different game from me. You have had a right go at us but at the end of the day we sat down tonight to a deserved 3 points. Thought we totally controlled the game and limited you to a few chances . Also slagging big gemmell. Guy has played at a very decent level and came up trumps again today and it was a clear as day penalty. You guys played some nice football in 1st half and you are very lucky to have Chris and Spud as your managements team as I am convinced they will go right to the top. All the best

Didn't think it was a pen, where's the defender supposed to go when the forward is backing right into him and then falls to the ground, the defender can't do anything, exact same scenario happened in the second half just over the halfway line when the number 9 was backing in again and the ref seen fit to give us the free kick that time, would have liked to hear his explanation on that, two same situations and two different outcomes, he wasn't a bad ref Imo, just a bit inconsistent with those decisions, you took your chances, we never, congrats on the win, good luck for the season and see you at duncansfield in the return

The defender hauled Gemmell to the ground clear as day and a pen all day long. And yea ure right yer strikers were piss poor. But end of the day Iain Stewart hardly had a save to make. We will be lucky if we are as poor again as we were yesterday. Loosing Meikle was a blow as the big defender was strolling thru the game. Dint take yer chances u wont win games[emoji6]. Its an alleged punch from my point of view. Ure the only one that seen it so far. Ref, 2 assistants, me and DK missed it.

10 hours ago, holsten said:

Town will struggle this season ,need at least 3 or 4 experienced  junior players  to at least not finish bottom.

Town where better first 30 mins huffed and puffed but never took their chances.Kello first goal was a low inswinging corner and town defender went to head away and somehow ended in the net.Kello are half decent unit and well organised amd took there chances.0-5 was maybe slightly harsh but the baw was burst after town down to ten men after 0-3 

No disrespect to some of the ammy boys who have been put into team but at moment they are not upto the standard required.There are a few good players who have stepped up  just need a wee bit of experience around about them and they would do fine        

Wouldn't really agree with the 5-0 was harsh.. shettleston were the better side for first 20 mins without creating very little, few corners.

Corner (1st goal) was at the point shettleston were on top and knocked the stuffing out of them, we played better and deserved the points, could have been a lot more in my eyes, shettleston keeper pulled off some good saves and we also hit the bar/post junction.

Sending off didn't have any influence in the game at all, there could have been 2/3 more following afterwards. 

Thanks to shettleston for the hospitality yesterday.

Didn't seem to be much between Renfrew and Rutherglen. Some weak defending by the Glens allowed Renfrew to get their goals rather easily. Renfrew seem to have changed there team quite dramatically, I only recognised 3/4 from last year which is surprising as I thought they were one of the better teams in the second half of the season. A good start for them though. 

Renfrew's start to the season hasn't gone unnoticed. Four wins and a draw out of five, 15 goals scored and only 3 conceded. Averaging a 3-1 win for each game, so yesterday's result was bang on form for them.

2 hours ago, thelangonline said:

The defender hauled Gemmell to the ground clear as day and a pen all day long. And yea ure right yer strikers were piss poor. But end of the day Iain Stewart hardly had a save to make. We will be lucky if we are as poor again as we were yesterday. Loosing Meikle was a blow as the big defender was strolling thru the game. Dint take yer chances u wont win gamesemoji6.png. Its an alleged punch from my point of view. Ure the only one that seen it so far. Ref, 2 assistants, me and DK missed it.

Lol, your obviously going to miss it, i would only count one assistant and ref in that as old donnie on the line must be about 80 and cant see more than 10 yards in front of him

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Renfrew's start to the season hasn't gone unnoticed. Four wins and a draw out of five, 15 goals scored and only 3 conceded. Averaging a 3-1 win for each game, so yesterday's result was bang on form for them.

To an extent. 

But you need to remember their league cup group is probably one of the weakest around.

10 hours ago, thelangonline said:

The defender hauled Gemmell to the ground clear as day and a pen all day long. And yea ure right yer strikers were piss poor. But end of the day Iain Stewart hardly had a save to make. We will be lucky if we are as poor again as we were yesterday. Loosing Meikle was a blow as the big defender was strolling thru the game. Dint take yer chances u wont win gamesemoji6.png. Its an alleged punch from my point of view. Ure the only one that seen it so far. Ref, 2 assistants, me and DK missed it.

For the penalty each side is going to see it differently, for me the striker was backing in, ref could give foul either way but sadly for us he gave the pen. Like Krfc10 says there was the same situation at half way line with same players later and ref gave that one to the defender. Made enough chances to take something from the game but terrible finishing meant we didn't test your keeper so deserved nothing. But I'm sure that's one of the issues our new manager will be looking to fix as he hopefully adds to the half a squad he's inherited.
About the punch on Dolan, I saw it too and there is no grey areas or doubt at all, it was shocking and if you had seen it you wouldn't be looking to say it's alleged. Two of them were having words, walking over to each other and then the Lang player just smashed his arm into Phil's face hard. Think it might have been 17 though and not 3? He was very lucky to get away with it cause was totally out of order. Only did because it was so far away from the ball. Not the kind of thing I'd want to see from any player at my club.

Why are Renfrew above Darvel in the league if they both won 3-1?
Down in Ayrshire D comes before R in the alphabet

They shouldn't be, and they're not on the proper league table on our website. [emoji16]

The defender hauled Gemmell to the ground clear as day and a pen all day long. And yea ure right yer strikers were piss poor. But end of the day Iain Stewart hardly had a save to make. We will be lucky if we are as poor again as we were yesterday. Loosing Meikle was a blow as the big defender was strolling thru the game. Dint take yer chances u wont win games[emoji6]. Its an alleged punch from my point of view. Ure the only one that seen it so far. Ref, 2 assistants, me and DK missed it.

For the penalty each side is going to see it differently, for me the striker was backing in, ref could give foul either way but sadly for us he gave the pen. Like Krfc10 says there was the same situation at half way line with same players later and ref gave that one to the defender. Made enough chances to take something from the game but terrible finishing meant we didn't test your keeper so deserved nothing. But I'm sure that's one of the issues our new manager will be looking to fix as he hopefully adds to the half a squad he's inherited.
About the punch on Dolan, I saw it too and there is no grey areas or doubt at all, it was shocking and if you had seen it you wouldn't be looking to say it's alleged. Two of them were having words, walking over to each other and then the Lang player just smashed his arm into Phil's face hard. Think it might have been 17 though and not 3? He was very lucky to get away with it cause was totally out of order. Only did because it was so far away from the ball. Not the kind of thing I'd want to see from any player at my club.

Not even any doubt about an alleged punch..he punched Phil, end of story. Even some of Cambuslang players said the guy who did it was crazy..said to a few of our players.
Apart from that Cambuslang have a good few players, Simeone (I think) your best...as for Gemmell...when a striker, about 6'3 and 17 stone starts falling in the box, who can stop him. Never a penalty but he took his second goal well.
We missed too many chances and paid the price. Good luck for the rest of the season, you'll cause a lot of teams problems at home

Not even any doubt about an alleged punch..he punched Phil, end of story. Even some of Cambuslang players said the guy who did it was crazy..said to a few of our players.
Apart from that Cambuslang have a good few players, Simeone (I think) your best...as for Gemmell...when a striker, about 6'3 and 17 stone starts falling in the box, who can stop him. Never a penalty but he took his second goal well.
We missed too many chances and paid the price. Good luck for the rest of the season, you'll cause a lot of teams problems at home

Simeon had is quietest game for the Lang in a long time. Gemmell slammed his first home well too. This alleged punch has now turned out to be an alleged forearm smash and like I have said, didn't see it. But not saying it didn't happen either. So was it 3 or 17?[emoji53]

22 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Lol, your obviously going to miss it, i would only count one assistant and ref in that as old donnie on the line must be about 80 and cant see more than 10 yards in front of him

74 he is unless hes had a birthday since i last spoke to him.

Simeon had is quietest game for the Lang in a long time. Gemmell slammed his first home well too. This alleged punch has now turned out to be an alleged forearm smash and like I have said, didn't see it. But not saying it didn't happen either. So was it 3 or 17?[emoji53]

It was 17! And it was a punch. No alleged about it I'm afraid.

Archived