The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

An absolute disgraceful performance from the referee and dugout side linesman today, heaven help the future of the juniors with those two in charge of a game. If I didn’t know better I’d have thought it was two Cambuslang officials.

That’s said if we can’t score we don’t deserve to win and after hitting the post and missing an open goal in the first half I knew it wasn’t going to be our day.
Barring a miracle that result ends our promotion chances

You have three home games left to play, so you're not out of it as far as I'm concerned.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have three home games left to play, so you're not out of it as far as I'm concerned.

The most points we could get Peter are 44 and there’s already 5 teams with 44 or better, the way Glencairn are playing I’d fancy you to get at least 4 points and the same of Meadow, we needed the win today to have any chance but it wasn’t to be

The most points we could get Peter are 44 and there’s already 5 teams with 44 or better, the way Glencairn are playing I’d fancy you to get at least 4 points and the same of Meadow, we needed the win today to have any chance but it wasn’t to be

Still lots of permutations. I feel sorry for the Renfrew folks, their games were finished last Wednesday, yet they won't know till next Saturday at the earliest if their 49 points is enough for automatic promotion, and likely longer as I thoroughly expect Cambuslang to win away to Kello next weekend.

Looks like a definite handball in the build up to the opening goal.

We had our own disagreement with officials today at Kello's equaliser. The flag went up, presumably for offside, as the ball was headed towards our goal, and then was turned into the net. The ref then waved the flag down and awarded the goal, and he has told our players that it was our defender that had headed the ball goalwards. Now even if that is the case (which it didn't look like to anyone else tbh), surely he has to at least go and speak to the assistant to ask him what he saw?

Looks like a definite handball in the build up to the opening goal.

We had our own disagreement with officials today at Kello's equaliser. The flag went up, presumably for offside, as the ball was headed towards our goal, and then was turned into the net. The ref then waved the flag down and awarded the goal, and he has told our players that it was our defender that had headed the ball goalwards. Now even if that is the case (which it didn't look like to anyone else tbh), surely he has to at least go and speak to the assistant to ask him what he saw?

We totally dominated the game today and the handball that led to their goal was the turning point in the game, the officials were horrendous today

We totally dominated the game today and the handball that led to their goal was the turning point in the game, the officials were horrendous today

I was at the game from 30 minutes onwards, and the only contentious decision I can remember was the first goal which looked like handball and then offside.

How’s that luck? The game last 90 minutes. Doesn’t matter when you score.
Always so defensive. The game does last 90mins but getting +10pts over a season in time added is luck, regardless of how you look at it.

Always so defensive. The game does last 90mins but getting +10pts over a season in time added is luck, regardless of how you look at it.

No it isn’t. As I said, it doesn’t matter when you score. The game lasts 90 minutes. We weren’t lucky today, we deserved to win.

Get over it.

No it isn’t. As I said, it doesn’t matter when you score. The game lasts 90 minutes. We weren’t lucky today, we deserved to win.

Get over it.
Christ, calm down. I'm totally over it, your no threat to us pal

Christ, calm down. I'm totally over it, your no threat to us pal

I have no idea who you are and who we’re no threat to.

You need to stop getting upset when we win games.

And it’s Y O U ‘ R E for f**k sake.

We have lost last minute goals too eg
Cumbernauld away, dropped 2 points.

Plus had a lot of bad luck with injuries too....

We have lost last minute goals too eg
Cumbernauld away, dropped 2 points.

Plus had a lot of bad luck with injuries too....
Must admit I never knew that but you've got to admit youve picked up enough post 90minute points? Injuries plague all teams in the division as well.

Archived