The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Makes u laugh though, 3 games for Glencairn and 2 are Medda home and Away. How the feck did he manage that?[emoji15]
Happens just about every year. Few years ago our last 3 league games in the Super Premier were Ashfield away, Largs away, Ashfield at home.

rvine Meadow XI (8th) v Larkhall Thistle (11th)                        Home

Cambuslang Rangers (4th) v Cumbernauld United (7th)     Draw

Darvel Juniors (9th) v Kilsyth Rangers (12th)                             Home

Petershill (1st) v Kello Rovers (10th)                                               Home

Shettleston (13th) v Troon (5th)                                                        Away

I notice the result of Renfrew v Meadow has now been corrected on the West Region website, but the goal difference on the league tables has not.

That needs to be sorted pronto, it could be very very important.

16 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Renfrew can only sit and wait now, but imo the 49 points they have will be enough to hang on to a top 4 spot. To deny them that, 3 teams from Largs, Cambuslang, Troon, Glencairn and Meadow would have to win all their matches. Not impossible by any means, but with teams still to play each other then it might be enough.

Remaining games:

Largs: Cumbernauld and Shettleston, both away.

Cambuslang: Cumbernauld and Darvel at home, Kello away.

Troon: Glencairn at home, Larkhall and Shettleston away.

Glencairn: Meadow home and away, Troon away.

Meadow: Larkhall, Maryhill and Glencairn at home, Kilsyth and Glencairn away.

It's been a fantastic season for us,

I think at the start we thought a play off place was achievable,

now "suddenly" having spent the whole season in the top 4 it will be galling if we don't get up automatically.

However if we don't, and no disrespect to those on here who support them,

can't help feeling our failure to not only not beat but even score against Maryhill in either game might come back to haunt us,

the extra two points from one goal turning one of those 0-0 into a 1-0 and we're already up!

But I'm an optimist (comes with the territory of following Renfrew!) and we've got 49 points on the board,

OK it's going to be squeaky bum time for a couple of weeks but we live in hope!

I don't think Renfrew have anything to worry about, I know it's not official yet but I'm regarding them as the second team automatically promoted already.

That’s nice of you Peter

As much as i have sympathy for maryhill and shettleston i'm glad we're safe for next season ,was always going to be a difficult season for us with a fire that gutted our dressing rooms and the timing off keith hogg's departure ,the guys who came in had a hard job trying to get bodies in etc; and obviously had they own reasons for quitting when they did ,but with the new management team in place for next season already hopefully it's onwards and upwards for us next season

I don't think Renfrew have anything to worry about, I know it's not official yet but I'm regarding them as the second team automatically promoted already.

Agreed!

Would be nice to think we are already up,

however us Frew fans are still haunted by leading the 2005/6 Premier Division all season,

only to get pipped on goal difference by Talbot at the last second!

We take nothing for granted until it's official!

There is an error on the West Region website league table for this league :-

Renfrew have actually conceded 36 goals this season and should have a goal difference of +12. They are currently showing as having conceded 35 goals and a goal difference of +13.

Prior to today's match, Irvine Meadow have scored 31 goals this season and should have a goal difference of +1. They are currently showing as having scored 30 goals and a goal difference of 0.

My figures are confirmed by checking the individual club results listed on the West Region website.

I understand that this error came from the website initially showing a result from last Wednesday night of Renfrew 4 Irvine Meadow 1. It was later changed to the correct score of 4-2, however the goals for and against for these two teams in the league tables have not been updated accordingly.

I have emailed the West Region Secretary and Assistant Secretary asking them to address this issue, as it could be very important if the promotion issue comes down to goal difference.

31 minutes ago, TheNauld said:

Another day of nail biting ahead, a must win game for us if we are to stay in contention for a chance of promotion

We can't lose no matter what the result is at Somervell Park today, but a wee draw would be just lovely. :thumsup2

There is an error on the West Region website league table for this league :-

Renfrew have actually conceded 36 goals this season and should have a goal difference of +12. They are currently showing as having conceded 35 goals and a goal difference of +13.

Prior to today's match, Irvine Meadow have scored 31 goals this season and should have a goal difference of +1. They are currently showing as having scored 30 goals and a goal difference of 0.

My figures are confirmed by checking the individual club results listed on the West Region website.

I understand that this error came from the website initially showing a result from last Wednesday night of Renfrew 4 Irvine Meadow 1. It was later changed to the correct score of 4-2, however the goals for and against for these two teams in the league tables have not been updated accordingly.

I have emailed the West Region Secretary and Assistant Secretary asking them to address this issue, as it could be very important if the promotion issue comes down to goal difference.

I've received a very quick reply from the Assistant Secretary and the table has now been sorted.

Good work Mr Fyfe. [emoji106]

Renfrew can only sit and wait now, but imo the 49 points they have will be enough to hang on to a top 4 spot. To deny them that, 3 teams from Largs, Cambuslang, Troon, Glencairn and Meadow would have to win all their matches. Not impossible by any means, but with teams still to play each other then it might be enough.

Remaining games:

Largs: Cumbernauld and Shettleston, both away.

Cambuslang: Cumbernauld and Darvel at home, Kello away.

Troon: Glencairn at home, Larkhall and Shettleston away.

Glencairn: Meadow home and away, Troon away.

Meadow: Larkhall, Maryhill and Glencairn at home, Kilsyth and Glencairn away.

Petershill
Cambuslang
Largs
Renfrew
Assorted others

An absolute disgraceful performance from the referee and dugout side linesman today, heaven help the future of the juniors with those two in charge of a game. If I didn’t know better I’d have thought it was two Cambuslang officials.

That’s said if we can’t score we don’t deserve to win and after hitting the post and missing an open goal in the first half I knew it wasn’t going to be our day.

Barring a miracle that result ends our promotion chances

An absolute disgraceful performance from the referee and dugout side linesman today, heaven help the future of the juniors with those two in charge of a game. If I didn’t know better I’d have thought it was two Cambuslang officials.

That’s said if we can’t score we don’t deserve to win and after hitting the post and missing an open goal in the first half I knew it wasn’t going to be our day.
Barring a miracle that result ends our promotion chances

Yous gave it a good go considering yous were 1 of the favs for relegation this season ????????‍♂️

Archived