The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

With no offence intended to any team, if Glencairn don't get promoted this season then I hope Cumbernauld United do. We're sick of the sight of them. [emoji23]

Hopefuly saying that about us after monday night[emoji38]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Glencairn's website has a results grid and a list of every team's remaining fixtures. Scroll down past the league table :-

http://www.freewebs.com/rutherglenglencairn/leaguetable.htm

I was thinking similarly to you that 40 points could well be enough for 6th place. It certainly has been every season we've been in this league so far.

You’s have a helluva run in 

12 hours ago, kilsyth ranger said:

Kilsyth 0 Cambuslang 4
Well we were as bad tonight as we were good on saturday
Take nothing away from lang who were well worth there win
But u can't just gift goals 2 teams like we did tonight !
Lang didnt even have to work hard for the 3pts tonight emoji24.png

I think you are doing Lang a slight disservice there. I thought played really well and worked out socks off and took our chances at the right times. 

As for Kilsyth yes it was a poor result but I think next season is when you will notice the difference when Chris can bring in his own players . He is a top manager and he knows what he’s doing. So I fully expect Kilsyth to be a major player next year.

with Cumbernauld winning last night it brings them right back into it . It now looks like 8 teams going for the 6 spots. Going to be an interesting run in . The double header with glencairn and meadow will have a big say in matters as well.

10 hours ago, glensmad said:

I think the referee was the only person in the ground who didn't see Tony playing the ball cleanly in the 50/50 challenge, he was conned by the Cumbernauld player screaming like a girl and then getting straight back up. Fortunately for us and Tony two yellows don't make a ban, and it didn't influence the result as it was the 92nd minute.

Glad tony isn't banned for me been our best player last 2games as bad as we were last night thought tony played really well.

Tough run in now need to get back to winning ways esp on monday just hope camby cant clinch promotion that game.

I think you are doing Lang a slight disservice there. I thought played really well and worked out socks off and took our chances at the right times. 

As for Kilsyth yes it was a poor result but I think next season is when you will notice the difference when Chris can bring in his own players . He is a top manager and he knows what he’s doing. So I fully expect Kilsyth to be a major player next year.

with Cumbernauld winning last night it brings them right back into it . It now looks like 8 teams going for the 6 spots. Going to be an interesting run in . The double header with glencairn and meadow will have a big say in matters as well.

No disrespect meant towards lang mate , i did say u thourghly deserved your win ?

But the goals we gave away were schoollboy stuff ? As for chris and the management team ? This season was always gonna be an uphill struggle for them this season cos of the untimely departure of hoggy just before the season began and to be honest i'd be glad to stay in this league which i think we will , my dissapointment was we'd played so well at Troon to that last night [emoji24]

13 hours ago, glensmad said:

With no offence intended to any team, if Glencairn don't get promoted this season then I hope Cumbernauld United do. We're sick of the sight of them. emoji23.png

You’s have no chance of goin up with the games you’s have left , in fact we will finish the season above glencairn 

It's funny how quickly things change. My "on this day" on Facebook just reminded me that at this time last year Kilsyth Rangers and Shettleston were the two teams in the promotion positions. From memory they had been there for most of the season as well, but both teams ultimately missed out on promotion and they haven't been in the promotion reckoning at any point this season.

Tomorrow's fixtures :-

Cambuslang Rangers (3rd) v Troon (5th)

Cumbernauld United (8th) v Shettleston (13th)

Darvel Juniors (9th) v Maryhill (14th)

Irvine Meadow XI (7th) v Petershill (1st)

Kello Rovers (11th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (6th)

Largs Thistle (4th) v Larkhall Thistle (12th)

Renfrew (2nd) v Kilsyth Rangers (10th)

Your thoughts ?

21 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Cambuslang Rangers (3rd) v Troon (5th)

Cumbernauld United (8th) v Shettleston (13th)

Darvel Juniors (9th) v Maryhill (14th)

Irvine Meadow XI (7th) v Petershill (1st)

Kello Rovers (11th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (6th)

Largs Thistle (4th) v Larkhall Thistle (12th)

Renfrew (2nd) v Kilsyth Rangers (10th)

Your thoughts ?

H

H

H

A

D

H

H

27 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Cambuslang Rangers (3rd) v Troon (5th) Home

Cumbernauld United (8th) v Shettleston (13th) Home

Darvel Juniors home (9th) v Maryhill (14th)

Irvine Meadow XI (7th) v Petershill (1st) draw

Kello Rovers (11th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (6th) away

Largs Thistle (4th) v Larkhall Thistle (12th) home

Renfrew (2nd) v Kilsyth Rangers (10th) draw

Your thoughts ?

Cambuslang Rangers (3rd) v Troon (5th)                    Draw

Cumbernauld United (8th) v Shettleston (13th)     Home

Darvel Juniors (9th) v Maryhill (14th)                            Home

Irvine Meadow XI (7th) v Petershill (1st)                      Draw

Kello Rovers (11th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (6th)   Draw

Largs Thistle (4th) v Larkhall Thistle (12th)                 Draw

Renfrew (2nd) v Kilsyth Rangers (10th).                        Draw

16 hours ago, glensmad said:

It's funny how quickly things change. My "on this day" on Facebook just reminded me that at this time last year Kilsyth Rangers and Shettleston were the two teams in the promotion positions. From memory they had been there for most of the season as well, but both teams ultimately missed out on promotion and they haven't been in the promotion reckoning at any point this season.

And? Yer point is? 

And? Yer point is? 

I presume that any team that just miss out on promotion this season are not guaranteed to be near top next season! Meadow and Glencairn both currently in similar positions to last season and our games and Cumbernauld will decide last 1/2 play off spots.

I presume that any team that just miss out on promotion this season are not guaranteed to be near top next season! Meadow and Glencairn both currently in similar positions to last season and our games and Cumbernauld will decide last 1/2 play off spots.

Correct. It wasn't too difficult to work out, but that's big Duke for you. ????

Archived