The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

Some result for Glencairn - doubt many would have predicted that.

Is this the start of the usual Glencairn run where they only start their league campaign after Christmas and that means they usually come up short?

With 4 automatic places a run like previous years might just be enough.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some result for Glencairn - doubt many would have predicted that.

Is this the start of the usual Glencairn run where they only start their league campaign after Christmas and that means they usually come up short?

With 4 automatic places a run like previous years might just be enough.

Here's hoping.

I hope so too. Would like to see a strong central league contingent in the Premier next season. With Peasie, Cambuslang, Renfrew and yourself in and around promotion and play off places then there is every chance.

Looking at the league table, we have games in hand over all of the teams above us except for Cambuslang Rangers, and to some of them we have as many as 3 games in hand.

We have already played 4 of the 6 teams above us away from home (including the top 3), and we have still to play all of the teams above us again, 4 of the 6 of them at home obviously.

There are 3 teams we have still to play twice, and they are all currently below us in the table.

Promotion is very much in our own hands, but lots of other teams will be saying the same thing.

Saturday's fixtures (weather permitting) :-

Cumbernauld United (9th) v Petershill (1st)

Kilsyth Rangers (10th) v Darvel Juniors (6th)

Largs Thistle (5th) v Cambuslang Rangers (3rd)

Rutherglen Glencairn (7th) v Kello Rovers (8th)

Shettleston (12th) v Renfrew (2nd)

Troon (4th) v Maryhill (14th)

Your thoughts ?

Games are piling up for Cumbernauld and Irvine Meadow, it's going to be busy April and May for them. Meadow will be on cup duty again next Saturday and Cumbernauld have no game, despite having only played 9 league games so far, while Renfrew, Largs and Darvel will all play their 14th matches.

7th place for Glencairn at the moment, with 16 points from 11 games, and games in hand over most of the teams above us, and still to play all of them (4 out of 6 at home). It took us 14 games to get 16 points last season before we went on our run which took us to the top of the league for a few weeks before ultimately missing out on promotion. Hopefully we can do something similar again and get in the top 4 or at worst top 6.

Five games on the road now for us starting with Cambuslang next weekend followed by Glencairn....Kilsyth,Darvel and Larkhall ...
Easy 15 pts......☆
~~~Here we go, on the road again~~~

While we have 6 in a row at home including today.

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

While we have 6 in a row at home including today.

It's some league , not an easy game anywhere and will be some chase for promotion 

we have lost 4 goals in injury time in games and if it wasn't for them we'd be sitting second top but I suppose  a lot of teams probably got similar story 

we are just happy to be in there challenging 

Five games on the road now for us starting with Cambuslang next weekend followed by Glencairn....Kilsyth,Darvel and Larkhall ...
Easy 15 pts......☆
~~~Here we go, on the road again~~~

No points next week,they start the week after[emoji6]

I wonder what the ramifications will be regarding the abandonment of Largs v Cambuslang on Saturday. I suppose it will all depend on what the referee's report says, but an abandoned competitive match due to the alleged misbehaviour of players and officials is a serious matter.

Has there been a precedent for this kind of abandonment in a competitive game ? I can't think of one off hand, but if there is then can anybody remember what action (if any) was taken ?

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

I wonder what the ramifications will be regarding the abandonment of Largs v Cambuslang on Saturday. I suppose it will all depend on what the referee's report says, but an abandoned competitive match due to the alleged misbehaviour of players and officials is a serious matter.

Has there been a precedent for this kind of abandonment in a competitive game ? I can't think of one off hand, but if there is then can anybody remember what action (if any) was taken ?

Deduction of points would do just fine ;)

Archived