The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

We were outstanding first half last night, honestly thought there’s no way we could lose this at half time. Nowhere near the game second half and Renfrew ran out comfortable winners. Good crowd considering the CL semi final on the tele too.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

Great result for Renfrew last night, which I think should be enough to see them go up automatically (that being said I have been wrong in the past). 

Out of the others I think the Glencairn v Meadow game if one wins Again I think it will put one of them out of the automatic promotion positions!

Largs , Troon and Cambuslang are all in contention for the automatic positions , could even boil down to goal differs!f

Have I missed anyone?

An exicting few weeks ahead!

Think you've missed Cumbernauld.

We were outstanding first half last night, honestly thought there’s no way we could lose this at half time. Nowhere near the game second half and Renfrew ran out comfortable winners. Good crowd considering the CL semi final on the tele too.

Spot on. Although we got the early goal, we didn’t create much else, and Meadow totally bossed the first half, playing some nice football. I think the introduction of Fraser Chisholm gave us a bit more fight. 2nd half we were a completely different team. David McKenna should have levelled when he latched onto a loose passback and went one on one with the keeper, but luckily the miss didn’t prove costly. Great ball in for his 2nd, and no disputing the penalty was a correct decision.

Never thought for a moment that we’d have a season like this, but we’ve been in the top 4 from game 1 to game 26, so if we do go up, it shouldn’t come as a surprise, and yet we’re still looking on a favour elsewhere to help over the line.

It’s a waiting game now, but delighted to have points on the board.

Massive thanks to Colin, Martin and the backroom team, and the players who have given us an amazing season, no matter how it ends.

1 hour ago, Seaside Sam said:

Great result for Renfrew last night, which I think should be enough to see them go up automatically (that being said I have been wrong in the past). 

Out of the others I think the Glencairn v Meadow game if one wins Again I think it will put one of them out of the automatic promotion positions!

Largs , Troon and Cambuslang are all in contention for the automatic positions , could even boil down to goal differs!f

Have I missed anyone?

An exicting few weeks ahead!

Cumbernauld United are still very much in the mix as well.

2 hours ago, Seaside Sam said:

could even boil down to goal differs!f

SJFA page has Renfrew v Meadow as 4-1 so this should be fixed and league table adjusted to reflect correct score

2 minutes ago, colinmcn said:

SJFA page has Renfrew v Meadow as 4-1 so this should be fixed and league table adjusted to reflect correct score

Yeh I noticed that. I understand that these errors are usually picked up when the referee's report is received, but I'll be keeping my eye on that one.

8 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Looks like about half the league has a shot of promotion or a play off place.

More than half of the league, the top eight are all in contention. If you listen to that nutter Darvel Legend he'll probably tell you that Darvel in 9th still have a chance of a play-off spot, but not for me. Then again, he also said last week that Darvel would finish above Glencairn, so that's how seriously you can take him. :thumsup2

Ok, it's coming to crunch time. Saturday's fixtures :-

Irvine Meadow XI (8th) v Larkhall Thistle (11th)

Cambuslang Rangers (4th) v Cumbernauld United (7th)

Darvel Juniors (9th) v Kilsyth Rangers (12th)

Petershill (1st) v Kello Rovers (10th)

Shettleston (13th) v Troon (5th)

Your thoughts ?

Ok, it's coming to crunch time. Saturday's fixtures :-
Irvine Meadow XI (8th) v Larkhall Thistle (11th)
Cambuslang Rangers (4th) v Cumbernauld United (7th)
Darvel Juniors (9th) v Kilsyth Rangers (12th)
Petershill (1st) v Kello Rovers (10th)
Shettleston (13th) v Troon (5th)
Your thoughts ?

H
A
H
H
A

Renfrew can only sit and wait now, but imo the 49 points they have will be enough to hang on to a top 4 spot. To deny them that, 3 teams from Largs, Cambuslang, Troon, Glencairn and Meadow would have to win all their matches. Not impossible by any means, but with teams still to play each other then it might be enough.

Remaining games:

Largs: Cumbernauld and Shettleston, both away.

Cambuslang: Cumbernauld and Darvel at home, Kello away.

Troon: Glencairn at home, Larkhall and Shettleston away.

Glencairn: Meadow home and away, Troon away.

Meadow: Larkhall, Maryhill and Glencairn at home, Kilsyth and Glencairn away.

Renfrew can only sit and wait now, but imo the 49 points they have will be enough to hang on to a top 4 spot. To deny them that, 3 teams from Largs, Cambuslang, Troon, Glencairn and Meadow would have to win all their matches. Not impossible by any means, but with teams still to play each other then it might be enough.

Remaining games:

Largs: Cumbernauld and Shettleston, both away.

Cambuslang: Cumbernauld and Darvel at home, Kello away.

Troon: Glencairn at home, Larkhall and Shettleston away.

Glencairn: Meadow home and away, Troon away.

Meadow: Larkhall, Maryhill and Glencairn at home, Kilsyth and Glencairn away.

Makes u laugh though, 3 games for Glencairn and 2 are Medda home and Away. How the feck did he manage that?[emoji15]

Archived