The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

Having seen every team this season I would say Darvel have been the poorest. Beat them twice, the second time very easily. Been a few good teams, Troon, Renfrew, Cambuslang in the home game. Can't really comment on Largs as only seen them early in the season when we won 4-1. Meadow improved during the season after McGinty took over, were hard to break down but didn't look threatening going forward. Larkhall were very physical in the first game against us and were dangerous going forward later in the second game. Shettleston and Maryhills league positions don't lie but both showed some fighting spirit in both games Peasy played them. Glencairn and Cumbernauld both look to have a bit  to have a bit of quality about them.

Did you beat Meadow last week?

Did you beat Benburb recently when the Bens dropped some key players?

Did Darvel beat both of them convincingly in the last week?

I will give you the answers.. No, No, Yes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Ur a comic we played u off the park at Darvel 

and first half at petershill we were the better team 

second half yous were 

thats football

We just pumped benburb who guess what pumped yous 

does that make us good ?

dont think so 

football is a funny game 

Played us off the park yet we still won 3-2 with a guy who has hardly started a game since scoring a hat trick. Better team at Peasy ?But you still went in 1-0 down at half time and got destroyed in the second half . Your applying basic football logic with the Benburb game. They beat us 3-1 we beat you 6-0 so really they should've beat you 3-0. As you say football doesn't work like that and going by the games against Peasy you are the worst I've seen. Sorry if you don't agree but can only  judge on want I've seen. 

2 minutes ago, onemanwolfpack said:

Played us off the park yet we still won 3-2 with a guy who has hardly started a game since scoring a hat trick. Better team at Peasy ?But you still went in 1-0 down at half time and got destroyed in the second half . Your applying basic football logic with the Benburb game. They beat us 3-1 we beat you 6-0 so really they should've beat you 3-0. As you say football doesn't work like that and going by the games against Peasy you are the worst I've seen. Sorry if you don't agree but can only  judge on want I've seen. 

Ha ha ha ur knowledge isn’t very good but it’s all about opinions 

7 minutes ago, Darvel Pie said:

Did you beat Meadow last week?

Did you beat Benburb recently when the Bens dropped some key players?

Did Darvel beat both of them convincingly in the last week?

I will give you the answers.. No, No, Yes

Did we beat Meadow twice? No. 

Did we beat Darvel twice?  Yes.

Benburb game is irrelevant as both teams made a lot of changes as league cup was not a priority at the time. Does that mean Benburb squad is stronger than Peasies maybe but probably not. 

Going by what I've personally witnessed Meadow are a better team than Darvel. Tell I'm wrong at the end of the season when the final league tables are decided.

24 minutes ago, onemanwolfpack said:

Explain where my knowledge isn't very good please. I was at both games and we won. Our home game was our most comprehensive of the season. 

N u shouldn’t have at Darvel 

at petershill u were easy better team second half 

thats the facts 

33 minutes ago, onemanwolfpack said:

Explain where my knowledge isn't very good please. I was at both games and we won. Our home game was our most comprehensive of the season. 

Agree that your home game deserved to win you destroyed us second half didn't deserve to win Darvel home game I have watched you this season and you have your bad days also 

3 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

Another last minute penalty thank you very much emoji847.png

Legend it's embarrassing that's a last minute penalty again the same against largs and against Darvel the ref according to the meadow committee they were embarrassed with the refs decisions the ref went against us but the meadow  still went down 4-2 seems the refs want the meadow promoted

1 minute ago, jnr supporter said:

Agree that your home game deserved to win you destroyed us second half didn't deserve to win Darvel home game I have watched you this season and you have your bad days also 

Every team has there off days but one league defeat suggests we've had less off days than most. It's consistency that wins leagues not just picking one team you want to raise your game against. The other big factor is keeping faith with the management team. Peasy have went from nearly winning the top division to being relegated, yet have now been promoted with the same management because they're the right men for the job. 

2 hours ago, onemanwolfpack said:

Having seen every team this season I would say Darvel have been the poorest. Beat them twice, the second time very easily. Been a few good teams, Troon, Renfrew, Cambuslang in the home game. Can't really comment on Largs as only seen them early in the season when we won 4-1. Meadow improved during the season after McGinty took over, were hard to break down but didn't look threatening going forward. Larkhall were very physical in the first game against us and were dangerous going forward later in the second game. Shettleston and Maryhills league positions don't lie but both showed some fighting spirit in both games Peasy played them. Glencairn and Cumbernauld both look to have a bit  to have a bit of quality about them.

I OK benburb says you were the worst team they have played this year and don't say you rested players and show disrespect as you are doing on here 

All change in 6th, 7th and 8th place again as Cumbernauld lose at Troon along with Glencairn and Meadow winning.

Lots of twists and turns, whoever holds their nerve has a big opportunity.

The two games between Glencairn and Meadow will be pivotal, with Cumbernauld probably hoping for two draws.

All change in 6th, 7th and 8th place again as Cumbernauld lose at Troon along with Glencairn and Meadow winning.

Lots of twists and turns, whoever holds their nerve has a big opportunity.

The two games between Glencairn and Meadow will be pivotal, with Cumbernauld probably hoping for two draws.

If Rutherglen and Meadow continue our good runs a couple of teams above could be catchable. Last few years 40 points has got 6th spot, reckon could be at least 46 points but won't be much between 8th and 3rd.

Didn't think there was much between the teams today until Largs scored. After that Cambusland seemed to implode and lacked discipline resulting in conceding a stonewall penalty. Being two down and a man down for a team which has played 4 games in a week meant there was no way back for Cambuslang. A very important win for us but wins for Troon, Medda and Rutherglen - and Renfrew getting beat - means there is still a lot to be decided in the hunt for automatic promotion and play-off places. I would fancy our chances now for automatic promotion now given the games left and the teams in the relevant promotion/play-off places still to play each other.

If Rutherglen and Meadow continue our good runs a couple of teams above could be catchable. Last few years 40 points has got 6th spot, reckon could be at least 46 points but won't be much between 8th and 3rd.

You will both catch us the way we are playing[emoji21]

Didn't think there was much between the teams today until Largs scored. After that Cambusland seemed to implode and lacked discipline resulting in conceding a stonewall penalty. Being two down and a man down for a team which has played 4 games in a week meant there was no way back for Cambuslang. A very important win for us but wins for Troon, Medda and Rutherglen - and Renfrew getting beat - means there is still a lot to be decided in the hunt for automatic promotion and play-off places. I would fancy our chances now for automatic promotion now given the games left and the teams in the relevant promotion/play-off places still to play each other.
I done the maths (albeit half cut) and 4 pts puts us up.

Archived