The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible performance from us today which puts paid to any promotion hopes we might have had, we totally dominated the game today but couldn’t score, another year in the lower leagues I fear [emoji22]

41 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Is that Petershill official promoted after today’s games.

I might be wrong, but looks to me only 3 teams can match or beat their points total 

You are correct.

6 minutes ago, TheNauld said:

Terrible performance from us today which puts paid to any promotion hopes we might have had, we totally dominated the game today but couldn’t score, another year in the lower leagues I fear emoji22.png

Lower leagues??

Is that Petershill official promoted after today’s games.
I might be wrong, but looks to me only 3 teams can match or beat their points total 
It is. We've been terrific all season and the players deserve a lot of credit. Some of the performances have been outstanding.

It is. We've been terrific all season and the players deserve a lot of credit. Some of the performances have been outstanding.

Congratulations, good to see a big central league side return to the top league. I hope a few more can join you too.

Delighted to get over the line to win promotion with a few games to spare, hopefully we can go on and win the title now.

Surprised at some of the teams shipping points recently. Cambuslang's wheels seem to have fallen off, they should still have more than enough to get a promotion spot but they have lost 3 in a row in the league and have a tough run of games in the next two weeks.

Renfrew have been one of the better teams we have played, but they have dropped points in games I expected them to win.

Largs gave themselves a lifeline today but IMO have already dropped too many points to get an automatic promotion spot, could well hold on for a playoff position.

Glencairn and Meadow both hitting form a the right time, one of them might sneak fourth spot as Troon have also fallen apart in the last month or two and I really expected them to overtake Largs.

12 minutes ago, thelangonline said:

Like usemoji12.png

Absolutely, been a long time since you were in the top league. Looking at the table there is a very good chance of you and a Renfrew getting two of the remaining 3 places. Then a chance for Glencairn to get in the play offs. Unfortunately there is a good chance that Arthurlie will be in the playoffs and despite them being our rivals I wouldn’t like them to go down. 

Over the past 6 seasons when we have been in this league, the lowest points total for 4th place has been 41 points and the highest has been 50 points. The average over those 6 seasons has been 44.833 points.

Over the same period, the lowest points total for 6th place has been 36 points and the highest has been 40 points. The average over those 6 seasons has been 38.167 points.

Was at largs today and it was a well fought battle. First half was even and then we got 2 players sent off - 1 for patting the big embarrassment number 5 on the head and he won’t down like he had been shot - he’s actually a good player but we won’t forget that in a hurry. Largs took advantage and got the win fair play.

On a side note All of the committee and the majority of the fans at largs are such nice hospitable people but my god the Bucky boys in the shed really let your club down. Some of the shouts towards opposition players both yesterday and 2 weeks ago was actually disgusting even largs fans were telling them to shut up. Surprised a club like largs allow it to happen . If I was to describe them they are like the neds from still game with the clobber they had on. If you are on here neds grow up and start showing support to your own team rather than some of the vulgar stuff you have been spouting because I’m fairly certain you wouldnt come in our terrace on the 28th and behave like that.

I'll echo that. My 10-year-old daughter came to her first Glencairn game when Largs were the visitors. The group of "Barrfields Aggarro" (embarrassing name) were noisy and vulgar all afternoon.  She hasn't asked to come back to a game since.

14 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Delighted to get over the line to win promotion with a few games to spare, hopefully we can go on and win the title now.

Surprised at some of the teams shipping points recently. Cambuslang's wheels seem to have fallen off, they should still have more than enough to get a promotion spot but they have lost 3 in a row in the league and have a tough run of games in the next two weeks.

Renfrew have been one of the better teams we have played, but they have dropped points in games I expected them to win.

Largs gave themselves a lifeline today but IMO have already dropped too many points to get an automatic promotion spot, could well hold on for a playoff position.

Glencairn and Meadow both hitting form a the right time, one of them might sneak fourth spot as Troon have also fallen apart in the last month or two and I really expected them to overtake Largs.

Well done to Petershill, they have been the stand out team all season. As for the remaining three automatic positions IMO it is anyone’s  guess! I would say that I would rather have points in the bag rather than two or three games a week.

I wish that I had a crystal ball , would agree that Meadow and Glencairn seem to have came good at the right time, That being said I have seen both teams on numerous occasions and am not sure they can carry this on. Cambuslang seem to be having discipline problems which may cost them.  I would agree that Largs seem to have dropped too many points early on and are probably favourites to be in the play offs. Cumbernauld may have too many games in a short time.

In essence I should be a politician as I am going to sit on the fence on who will go up automatically :-)!!!!!

Archived