The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

And I will still be there getting behind the team too, like I have done in the past during tough times.

Time will tell next season if that's the case, and he is allowed to bring in the players he wants?

I'm not trying to be disrespectful to Chris and the guys. I'm sure they're a good bunch to speak to etc. I'm just having my opinion on what I have seen so far from the season.

If you don't have the strongest of Squads, at the very least try and play to the strengths you have, and make yourself more difficult to beat.
Poor squad or not, at least put the strongest team on the park and play them in the correct area of the pitch. Using the size of your home pitch would be a good start in home games, which we don't seem to be able to do. We are very narrow and negative.

Hopefully things change for the better as the season comes towards its end and we can pick up some more points and stay in the league for next year [emoji106]

You’ve just absolutely contradicted yourself. We are trying to be hard to beat by being narrow that is what you do when you are trying to be hard to be beat. Playing guys high and wide on a pitch like ours is making yourself very easy to beat. Listen myself, Chris and Glenn have absolutely no issues if you wish to come and speak to us in regards to what we play, why we play it and the reasons behind team selections. We are very open and honest people and will have no problem in explaining anything.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You’ve just absolutely contradicted yourself. We are trying to be hard to beat by being narrow that is what you do when you are trying to be hard to be beat. Playing guys high and wide on a pitch like ours is making yourself very easy to beat. Listen myself, Chris and Glenn have absolutely no issues if you wish to come and speak to us in regards to what we play, why we play it and the reasons behind team selections. We are very open and honest people and will have no problem in explaining anything.

I don't think so. Totally disagree!! Do you not think we are just sitting inviting teams in to attack us then??

As for us "trying to be hard to beat" I don't think that it's working very well at the moment, going by our League position!!

We've got some decent wide players (Pearson, Faddy, Frannie to mention a couple) and we have Diack as a good target man, along with Bullet and Davie as our main defenders.

Can we not try build a team around this?? Three reasonably quick (although light weight) wingers playing in a narrow team?? Get them playing to their strengths in a wider position where they can run with the ball and at least trouble the opposition?? Playing them narrow in a more physical area of the pitch does nothing but dilute their strengths.

Bullet is a must at that back. Without the big man we are like an open door at the back. He's been a massive loss by being left out the squad?? Davie Waters is top notch and his recent ban hasn't helped us. His positioning, backing up Bullit, and delivery of the ball makes him our best player and a must in the team was being week.

With regards to big Diack. He seems to be the last man of attack? Would it not make more sense having the target man playing deeper behind the main striker, to win the high ball or knock the ball on. The big man is well experienced, and still got lots to offer, but just lacks that bit of pace for being the last man?

As a passionate supporter of the Club I feel that it is only right to voice concerns. As supporters we all want to see the team improve and develop, so an opinion is an opinion.

I don't think so. Totally disagree!! Do you not think we are just sitting inviting teams in to attack us then??

As for us "trying to be hard to beat" I don't think that it's working very well at the moment, going by our League position!!

We've got some decent wide players (Pearson, Faddy, Frannie to mention a couple) and we have Diack as a good target man, along with Bullet and Davie as our main defenders.

Can we not try build a team around this?? Three reasonably quick (although light weight) wingers playing in a narrow team?? Get them playing to their strengths in a wider position where they can run with the ball and at least trouble the opposition?? Playing them narrow in a more physical area of the pitch does nothing but dilute their strengths.

Bullet is a must at that back. Without the big man we are like an open door at the back. He's been a massive loss by being left out the squad?? Davie Waters is top notch and his recent ban hasn't helped us. His positioning, backing up Bullit, and delivery of the ball makes him our best player and a must in the team was being week.

With regards to big Diack. He seems to be the last man of attack? Would it not make more sense having the target man playing deeper behind the main striker, to win the high ball or knock the ball on. The big man is well experienced, and still got lots to offer, but just lacks that bit of pace for being the last man?

As a passionate supporter of the Club I feel that it is only right to voice concerns. As supporters we all want to see the team improve and develop, so an opinion is an opinion.

Do you go to watch Kilsyth regularly? Sorry if this is known already but I can't be @rsed going back through your posts! If you do, do you cheer your team on at each match and only slag them off on P&B, or are you a miserable bugg@r at the matches as well?

8 hours ago, Kilsyth Coyle said:

A worse use of question marks I've yet to see.

Saturday's fixtures (weather permitting) :-
Cambuslang Rangers (3rd) v Renfrew (2nd)
Darvel Juniors (6th) v Troon (5th)
Kello Rovers (10th) v Largs Thistle (4th)
Kilsyth Rangers (11th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (7th)
Larkhall Thistle (13th) v Shettleston (12th)
Petershill (1st) v Maryhill (14th)
Your thoughts ?

This is one we have to win on Saturday if the game is on

Do you go to watch Kilsyth regularly? Sorry if this is known already but I can't be @rsed going back through your posts! If you do, do you cheer your team on at each match and only slag them off on P&B, or are you a miserable bugg@r at the matches as well?

You havin a laugh lol [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I'm at the games praising the team when we are playing well and likewise on P&B. The same goes when we are playing poorly. I'll voice my concerns both here and at the game if I think there is an issue.

A spade is a spade [emoji106]

Well again as I said earlier the offer still stands if you wish to come and speak to us tomorrow at the game and things can be best explained rather on a public forum [emoji1303]

Well again as I said earlier the offer still stands if you wish to come and speak to us tomorrow at the game and things can be best explained rather on a public forum [emoji1303]

Sounds like you're confident that the game will be on ?

Archived