The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

Not true . We are on a similar budget to the better sides in the league as I stated above. Slightly more than you guys but not significantly more the fact you have signed a lot of players from us shows that you must be in the same ball park.

How little you seem to know. [emoji6]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who cares about what Camby are paying players. Had all this shit with hurlford when they won the Scottish n that. Good on them

Absolutely, there's absolutely nothing wrong with spending money that the club has to make the team better.

Does there have to be a sugardaddy? Or maybe lots of good sponsors tracked down by a hard working committee?
Take a look at clubs with programmes who have lots of paid for adverts, paid for advertising boards and names on shirts and other apparel. That’s where the money is and, hopefully, a club’s supporters will go to them if the need a taxi, optician, joiner, gardener or other service in order to return the favour.
The manager works like feck to bring in Sponsors.

No sugar daddy as such.

Local companies getting behind the manager and his side.

19 minutes ago, superpollok said:

How is the guy gormley getting on at Glencairn. I recall him scoring quite a few with cambuslang last season so was surprised he moved on. 

And how has McRobbie got on at Cambuslang, caused us huge problems last season for Cumnock

Gormley is a top player. Started well at glens but tbf they haven’t had a lot of games. I’m sure he will go on to be a great signing he was different class for us. 

Mcrobbie been a great addition. Boy has frightening ability- the parks just now don’t suit him but he has been very good 

How is the guy gormley getting on at Glencairn. I recall him scoring quite a few with cambuslang last season so was surprised he moved on. 

Liam has 7 goals in 7 starts + 3 sub appearances since signing for us. He's competing for a place with Gary Smith who has 12 goals in 10 starts + 5 sub appearances. Jay McKay links well with both of them, and the wee man has pitched in with 10 goals as well. Good options.

I hope you're right about your first point. It's been a very poor season for us.

From the word go, we were always going to playing catch-up, with the manager walking away on the eve of the league commencing. Even at that, the guys who have came in just haven't been good enough. You can't expect to build a team of players from the lower end of the Junior leagues and expect them to come in and compete well in the Super Leagues. I'm not by any means trying to be disrespectful, but this is just fact!

We just need to try and consolidate this season

I find your comments very disrespectful to chris, glenn and mark .

They were dealt a bad hand from the start because of Hoggy leaving when he did , any player they would have wanted to bring in , even wishaw guys had signed contracts with there respective clubs ,meaning theve found it tough to bring in players of quality

And bearing in mind that last season's team had broken up , carlin, tyrell, mcghee, kev and paul mcbride( a 20 plus goal striker) and a few others , we were always going to have a season of transition this year , expectation levels were raised because of last year , when we realy should have won the league , but blew up in the home straight ! Why not get behind the guys and the team in a hard season , i was at irvine on saturday and thought we deserved a point in a much improved performance , al be there every week so should everyone else to help us through a difficult period , through the good and the bad , thats what being a junior fan is all about [emoji16]

And i still dont think we'l end up in the bottom two .

1 hour ago, TheNauld said:

Chris and Spud are sound guys, I hope that Kilsyth won’t be relegated and they’ll be able to get in the players they want for next season

Totally agree. Chris is a top bloke firstly and a very good manager. From what I have saw he inherited a struggling team and when he got the job all targets /decent players would all be signed up . This season is all about consolidation which I’m sure they will not be in bottom 2 they are 100% a better team than maryhill and  shettleston . I think Chris will be judged on next season and I hope he gets a bit of money to spend as you only need to look at job he done at Wishaw .

It’s been a great league to be involved in , there is not much between any of the sides we have played and even although petershill seem to be running away with it when we played them there was nothing in it , they have the most consistency so therefore best team in the league , cambuslang look like joining them but after that who knows , my prediction and I’ve been wrong before is Renfrew might drop out top 4 but we will wait and see 

It’s been a great league to be involved in , there is not much between any of the sides we have played and even although petershill seem to be running away with it when we played them there was nothing in it , they have the most consistency so therefore best team in the league , cambuslang look like joining them but after that who knows , my prediction and I’ve been wrong before is Renfrew might drop out top 4 but we will wait and see 
Taking nothing away fae Darvel, who turned us over big time, but we were rank rotten that day and haven't played as poorly for a long time. As I said previous, lots of games to go so it can all change in a couple of weeks. Gonna be a good second half to the season.

I find your comments very disrespectful to chris, glenn and mark . They were dealt a bad hand from the start because of Hoggy leaving when he did , any player they would have wanted to bring in , even wishaw guys had signed contracts with there respective clubs ,meaning theve found it tough to bring in players of quality
And bearing in mind that last season's team had broken up , carlin, tyrell, mcghee, kev and paul mcbride( a 20 plus goal striker) and a few others , we were always going to have a season of transition this year , expectation levels were raised because of last year , when we realy should have won the league , but blew up in the home straight ! Why not get behind the guys and the team in a hard season , i was at irvine on saturday and thought we deserved a point in a much improved performance , al be there every week so should everyone else to help us through a difficult period , through the good and the bad , thats what being a junior fan is all about [emoji16]
And i still dont think we'l end up in the bottom two .

And I will still be there getting behind the team too, like I have done in the past during tough times.

Time will tell next season if that's the case, and he is allowed to bring in the players he wants?

I'm not trying to be disrespectful to Chris and the guys. I'm sure they're a good bunch to speak to etc. I'm just having my opinion on what I have seen so far from the season.

If you don't have the strongest of Squads, at the very least try and play to the strengths you have, and make yourself more difficult to beat.
Poor squad or not, at least put the strongest team on the park and play them in the correct area of the pitch. Using the size of your home pitch would be a good start in home games, which we don't seem to be able to do. We are very narrow and negative.

Hopefully things change for the better as the season comes towards its end and we can pick up some more points and stay in the league for next year [emoji106]

Saturday's fixtures (weather permitting) :-

Cambuslang Rangers (3rd) v Renfrew (2nd)

Darvel Juniors (6th) v Troon (5th)

Kello Rovers (10th) v Largs Thistle (4th)

Kilsyth Rangers (11th) v Rutherglen Glencairn (7th)

Larkhall Thistle (13th) v Shettleston (12th)

Petershill (1st) v Maryhill (14th)

Your thoughts ?

Archived