The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

Darvel Juniors (6th) v Shettleston (12th) away
Irvine Meadow XI (11th) v Kilsyth Rangers (10th)Home
Kello Rovers (9th) v Renfrew (2nd)away
Largs Thistle (5th) v Petershill (1st) void; abandoned as soon as Largs take the huff
Maryhill (14th) v Cambuslang Rangers (3rd)away
Rutherglen Glencairn (7th) v Larkhall Thistle (13th)Home
Troon (4th) v Cumbernauld United (8th)Home

All away wins

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darvel Juniors (6th) v Shettleston (12th)

Irvine Meadow XI (11th) v Kilsyth Rangers (10th)(away win)

Kello Rovers (9th) v Renfrew (2nd) (home win)

Largs Thistle (5th) v Petershill (1st) (home win)

Maryhill (14th) v Cambuslang Rangers (3rd)

(away win)

Rutherglen Glencairn (7th) v Larkhall Thistle (13th) (home win)

Troon (4th) v Cumbernauld United (8th) (away win)

Saturday's fixtures (weather permitting) :-
Darvel Juniors (6th) v Shettleston (12th) home
Irvine Meadow XI (11th) v Kilsyth Rangers (10th) home
Kello Rovers (9th) v Renfrew (2nd) draw
Largs Thistle (5th) v Petershill (1st) draw
Maryhill (14th) v Cambuslang Rangers (3rd) away
Rutherglen Glencairn (7th) v Larkhall Thistle (13th) home
Troon (4th) v Cumbernauld United (8th) home
Your thoughts ?

If that had been us we would have missed it intentionally but no the meadow , no shame that club 

You are an utter moron, the ref gave us the penalty. What were we meant to do? Refuse to take it? [emoji23]

PS no you wouldn’t.

Ha ha ha and no wonder they took the huff last Saturday 
the most ridiculous penalty I’ve ever seen awarded 

Did the goalkeeper kick an opponent for no reason? Penalty and red card all day long.
Petulant and petty behaviour. He got his just desserts.

The league is roughly at the half way mark , although given the difference in the number of games played , the current league positions could change significantly after the games in hand are played.

from what I’ve seen so far this season I think petershill will win the league with the remaining top six (in no particular order) being

renfrew

glencairn

cambuslang

troon

largs

1 hour ago, freightliner said:

The league is roughly at the half way mark , although given the difference in the number of games played , the current league positions could change significantly after the games in hand are played.

from what I’ve seen so far this season I think petershill will win the league with the remaining top six (in no particular order) being

renfrew

glencairn

cambuslang

troon

largs

I honestly think Renfrew will lose a lot of games second half of the season 

worst team I have saw at Darvel this season and we pumped cambuslang 4-0 

i would take Largs and Renfrew out and put in Darvel and meadow 

It's hard to make predictions at this stage as to who will go up, as form can change dramatically over the course of a season and "events" at clubs can have a big effect on the second half of the season. For example Shettleston set the pace up to February last season before falling away as they lost a lot of their players and their management team, and Kilsyth also somehow managed to throw away what looked like certain promotion at this stage.

However, here's a completely unscientific assessment of who might finish where in the league table, based on results so far. Assuming all of the teams carry on the same form as they have up till now (daft assumption I know, but it's only for fun :) ), then working on the points accrued so far as an average, and converting that ratio to the full season of 26 games, the final table would look like this :-

(rounded up or down to the nearest full point)

65 - Petershill

61 - Cambuslang Rangers

54 - Renfrew

48 - Troon

41 - Largs Thistle

38 - Rutherglen Glencairn

37 - Cumbernauld United

35 - Darvel Juniors

33 - Irvine Meadow XI

28 - Kello Rovers

22 - Kilsyth Rangers

17 - Larkhall Thistle

15 - Shettleston

11 - Maryhill

So freightliner's prediction above would be absolutely spot on if the above scenario happens. But as we all know, a lot can and will change.

I honestly think Renfrew will lose a lot of games second half of the season 
worst team I have saw at Darvel this season and we pumped cambuslang 4-0 
i would take Largs and Renfrew out and put in Darvel and meadow 

Cambuslang have added quality to their team since they played Darvel. They will score barrow loads of goals. They will always conceded but I do think they will score more.

22 - Kilsyth Rangers

17 - Larkhall Thistle

15 - Shettleston

11 - Maryhill

I do agree that the above will be in the dogfight for bottom 2 and to be honest I think it will come down to who has the strongest squad/injuries when the catch up on games start 

Cambuslang will win league now after I thought Peasy where a shoe in about 2 months ago

Looking at previous years , sixth place usually required 39 to 40 points so on points totals so far darvel might expect to achieve about 40. Having seen quite a few games this season I think the teams above them will remain ahead and Glencairn impressed me but so did Renfrew and the Lang. The fact that darvel have taken 9 points from these games proved they can compete but I fear inconsistency might be their undoing  only seen them once this season at shettleston and thought they had some good players but over the course of the season struck me as a mid-table candidate which would be an excellent debut season in a very competitive league I agree the Medda appear to be gaining momentum but the Scottish cup and a fixture pile-up might prove their biggest opponent. 

Cambuslang will win league now after I thought Peasy where a shoe in about 2 months ago

It's certainly going to be a close contest between the two of them, but they are both certainties for promotion in my opinion. Cambuslang are spending enormous amounts of money compared to the teams below them, so they should really be expecting to go up without any problem.

It's certainly going to be a close contest between the two of them, but they are both certainties for promotion in my opinion. Cambuslang are spending enormous amounts of money compared to the teams below them, so they should really be expecting to go up without any problem.

Peasy to win the League and my own club Kilsyth to go down the way things are looking!

43 minutes ago, glensmad said:

We have a decent budget but it’s on a similar level to petershill, meadow etc and me and you both know glencairn are decent at paying also. My 4 to go up( in no order but I think this will be top 4)

petershill 

troon

Darvel

Cambuslang 

renfrew and glencairn for playoff

Archived