The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2017-2018

glensmad

Rutherglen Glencairn v Troon was an absolutely cracking game yesterday, which is very well reflected by Gerry's highlights. It was good to see how we performed against the bookies' favourites for the title, and we were very disappointed not to hold on for the win. But the way we played will give us some more confidence, We're on a decent run at the moment, only one defeat in six games and even that was a game we should never have lost.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Petershill have set a furious pace at the top and will be hard to catch as the season goes on unless they hit a bad patch, but even then they will probably easily do enough to guarantee promotion. They're almost safe from relegation already, lol.

The other three promotion spots are up for grabs, with Cambuslang, Renfrew and Troon starting the season very well, but several teams below the top four easily in with a chance of pulling themselves into the promotion spots with a few wins in a row.

The bottom two Shettleston and Maryhill have curiously already played each other twice in the league inside their opening nine games, and both games were draws. They would have been better off getting a win each with points precious at that end of the table.

My own team have hopefully got over our poor start to the season and we're settling down now and playing some good football. It's hard to get league momentum going with the Scottish Junior Cup and West of Scotland Cup games going on at the moment, but hopefully we can use them to build momentum and get ourselves into contention at the top end. I certainly expect us to be up there challenging at least.

On 05/11/2017 at 08:24, glensmad said:

Rutherglen Glencairn v Troon was an absolutely cracking game yesterday, which is very well reflected by Gerry's highlights. It was good to see how we performed against the bookies' favourites for the title, and we were very disappointed not to hold on for the win. But the way we played will give us some more confidence, We're on a decent run at the moment, only one defeat in six games and even that was a game we should never have lost.

Hope you're not pointing any fingers here,glens.   :angry:

:lol:

Seriously?? How on earth do you think that !!! Lol,lol never should have lost that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106] eyes must be painted on pal

14 minutes ago, hunnersapepper said:

Seriously?? How on earth do you think that !!! Lol,lol never should have lost that emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji106.png eyes must be painted on pal

Thanks for that. I take it you were at the match ? Your thoughts on it would be interesting to hear, as I'm not convinced you actually know what game I'm referring to.

12 hours ago, hunnersapepper said:

Seriously?? How on earth do you think that !!! Lol,lol never should have lost that emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji106.png eyes must be painted on pal

I've taken the time to have a look at your posts on P&B as you were a new user name to me, and I notice that just about all of your posts are about games based in Ayrshire, and predominantly Darvel. I was referring to our home game v Cumbernauld United, so if that's the game you are referring to then fair enough. I'd be surprised if it was though.

10 hours ago, glensmad said:

I've taken the time to have a look at your posts on P&B as you were a new user name to me, and I notice that just about all of your posts are about games based in Ayrshire, and predominantly Darvel. I was referring to our home game v Cumbernauld United, so if that's the game you are referring to then fair enough. I'd be surprised if it was though.

You're too impetuous. I was looking forward to his reply to see if he did know which game. You wasted it!

Thanks for that. I take it you were at the match ? Your thoughts on it would be interesting to hear, as I'm not convinced you actually know what game I'm referring to.

My apologies for the late reply, still in surreal mode at the latest Darvel news.
I was positive that Darvel was in that six along with Cumbernauld..

Apologies if I'm incorrect !!!

My apologies for the late reply, still in surreal mode at the latest Darvel news.

I was positive that Darvel was in that six along with Cumbernauld.

Apologies if I'm incorrect !!!

You are incorrect.

Our last six games (starting with the most recent) have been :-

Troon (draw), Glentanar (win), Cumbernauld United (defeat), Kirriemuir Thistle (win), Larkhall Thistle (win), Kilsyth Rangers (win).

Our game v Darvel was eight games ago.

Hence my confusion at the tone of your post. Apology accepted.

You are incorrect.

Our last six games (starting with the most recent) have been :-
Troon (draw), Glentanar (win), Cumbernauld United (defeat), Kirriemuir Thistle (win), Larkhall Thistle (win), Kilsyth Rangers (win).

Our game v Darvel was eight games ago.

Hence my confusion at the tone of your post. Apology accepted.

Humble pie pal[emoji37][emoji37]

Just checking the fixtures for December, and next Ayrshire bound trip.

Looks like Meadow Park, Maeadow Park or Meadow Park.

on 18/11 Kello Rovers at home is followed by a long away trip to Dyce on 25/11.

Obviously to make up for this marathon trip the fixture guy has seen fit to reducing our December travelling by arranging,

02/12 - Larkhall at Meadow Park

09/12 - R Glens at Meadow Park

16/12 - Troon at Meadow Park

So 4 home league games only interrupted by an away Scottish Cup game that the fixture guy couldn't influence the venue of,

Just notright.

On 31 May 2017 at 10:30, glensmad said:

Ok, since there are now other threads started for season 2017-18, I thought it was time to start this one. :thumsup2

The teams confirmed for next season (in alphabetical order) :-

Cambuslang Rangers

Cumbernauld United

Darvel Juniors

Irvine Meadow XI

Kello Rovers

Kilsyth Rangers

Largs Thistle

Larkhall Thistle

Maryhill

Petershill

Renfrew

Rutherglen Glencairn

Shettleston

Troon

Let the debate commence. I'll give "lang" five minutes before he tips Ruthergleng Glencairn for relegation....

what is happening at darvel

Archived