Fauldhouse United 2017/18

Derek Sharp

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

See all the scaremongering ignore it. The point is we were all football teams before and we still are. It' the same shit just a different name above the door. It is a year of transition. Going west is just silly for a club like Fauldhouse. Get into eosfl

The most scaremongering I have seen has come from the pro pyramid guys, a lot of the late teams have moved in fear of being left behind and missing out on something , I don’t see anything coming from the junior side 

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Totally understandable but when the facts are out there, which will be very soon now, all will become crystal clear to the clubs which have believed the scare-mongering. They may well be able to sort this out. They will have to act very quickly though.
So you are suggesting there can still be applications after AGM next Thursday when all details will be revealed?

2 minutes ago, A.M said:

The most scaremongering I have seen has come from the pro pyramid guys, a lot of the late teams have moved in fear of being left behind and missing out on something , I don’t see anything coming from the junior side 

Pish. Scaremongering came from people going Tuesday night in Elgin more expensive. Uve got a guy at Bonnyrigg and guy at camelon who are not supporting the team because they are not junior because of travelling even though furthest is about same as currently do.  Good one I heard at work tonight need to pay holiday pay and paternity pay 

4 minutes ago, jc1 said:
6 minutes ago, Dev said:
Totally understandable but when the facts are out there, which will be very soon now, all will become crystal clear to the clubs which have believed the scare-mongering. They may well be able to sort this out. They will have to act very quickly though.

So you are suggesting there can still be applications after AGM next Thursday when all details will be revealed?

I'd doubt it unless they end up with uneven leagues. 

7 minutes ago, jc1 said:
11 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:
See all the scaremongering ignore it. The point is we were all football teams before and we still are. It' the same shit just a different name above the door. It is a year of transition. Going west is just silly for a club like Fauldhouse. Get into eosfl

For me again I need to say this is only my opinion. I want to be playing against the Bonnyrigg linlithgow Bo'ness ECT that's what I set out to do at the start of the season and to get that chance through a lot of hard work then to find out it might not happen is soul destroying. Players all worked and sacrificed loads through the season to get there ECT so I'm now in a place of uncertainty

Fauldhouse are a good club I enjoyed visits their. They should be joining us. Ludicrous to join west and silly not to join us

1 minute ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Pish. Scaremongering came from people going Tuesday night in Elgin more expensive. Uve got a guy at Bonnyrigg and guy at camelon who are not supporting the team because they are not junior because of travelling even though furthest is about same as currently do.  Good one I heard at work tonight need to pay holiday pay and paternity pay 

I hardly think talk about travelling is scaremongering , you have certainly changed your tune from last year. 

Btw I have read that travel isn’t a problem but then when a final is scheduled to be played 20 mins away the teams want it moved because it will affect attendance ?

15 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It’s certainly hard to understand why Fauldhouse aren’t committing to the East pyramid. If they stay where they are then they just seem to be delaying the inevitable, and will end up in a less advantageous position than if they commit now. If they move West then it must be because they want to commit to the junior grade - but I suspect that they might just get caught up again in more tribulation and there’s the chance they will be starting in the bottom West division.

10 minutes ago, jc1 said:
12 minutes ago, Dev said:

Just to clear our situation up, we didn’t apply after the AGM, we applied after a deadline that was changed at a board meeting. I can’t see any clubs being allowed to apply after midnight tonight. We were accepted into the league at the AGM last year.

3 minutes ago, A.M said:

I hardly think talk about travelling is scaremongering , you have certainly changed your tune from last year. 

Btw I have read that travel isn’t a problem but then when a final is scheduled to be played 20 mins away the teams want it moved because it will affect attendance ?

Nothing wrong with changing mind. Well ifor can make more cash playing mid Lothian you shouldn' they

Based on what we know about who’s applied to EOS the most likely make up of the East Superleague is 12-14 teams from

Lochee United
Broughty Athletic
Carnoustie Panmure
Kennoway Star Hearts
Forfar West End
Fauldhouse United
Tayport
Thornton Hibs
Glenrothes Juniors
Downfield Juniors
Bathgate Thistle / Whitburn Juniors - depending on Whitburn's result against Haddington on Saturday.
Dundee North End / Pumpherston Juniors  

Some of the above may have made late under the radar EoS applications so no guarantees.

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Nothing wrong with changing mind. Well ifor can make more cash playing mid Lothian you shouldn' they

I think I know what you mean there, but my point is travel was mentioned, travelling is something fans will need to get used to if they progress up the pyramid ?

31 minutes ago, jc1 said:
34 minutes ago, Dev said:
Don't forget that after the EoS AGM it will be completely clear about which clubs are doing what.
Kelty applied after the AGM last year and were accepted.
Not the first time that the open arms of the EoS have accepted in clubs after their AGM !!

If this is true then might be an option. My opinion only not that of the club

What’s the clubs ‘view’ on it? 

10 minutes ago, kefc said:

Just to clear our situation up, we didn’t apply after the AGM, we applied after a deadline that was changed at a board meeting. I can’t see any clubs being allowed to apply after midnight tonight. We were accepted into the league at the AGM last year.

I apologise. Got that wrong. It's still worth trying though. The EoS would have the choice.

18 minutes ago, jc1 said:
22 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

For me again I need to say this is only my opinion. I want to be playing against the Bonnyrigg linlithgow Bo'ness ECT that's what I set out to do at the start of the season and to get that chance through a lot of hard work then to find out it might not happen is soul destroying. Players all worked and sacrificed loads through the season to get there ECT so I'm now in a place of uncertainty

Do your club's committee members know this and if so, why have they not followed those teams in applying to the EoS?

10 hours ago, A.M said:

Not the reason. Broxburn is the worst pitch in the East Region for the players.

Albyn Park is the worst experience for a spectator to watch a game.

11 hours ago, drs said:

Montrose moved from the East to the North but had to join at the bottom level, cant see any club moving West being parachuted in at the level they play in at the East

They moved from tier 7 to tier 7 didn't they?

20 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Not the reason. Broxburn is the worst pitch in the East Region for the players.

Albyn Park is the worst experience for a spectator to watch a game.

I dont disagree, but travelling was also mentioned

Archived