Fauldhouse United 2017/18

Derek Sharp

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 21:27, FluffFufc said:

Best wishes to Martin, Messi, Deano and Higgy wherever they end up. Can’t fault their efforts during their time at the club.

Totally agree Fluff...they all have "put a shift in" for the Hoose and good luck to them all in the future. It will be interesting to see what players JC (Boss) brings in now, but given his past record we all should feel very confident. New playing surface also will help next season....Go The Hoose..onwards and upwards!!

What players from squad at the moment have committed and signed on for next season JC?

What’s the situation with Gribbs?

Is it only the 4 players mentioned above who have left as of yet?

Why did Martin Lawrie get released
Like every other manager I have to make decisions based on what I think is best for the team. Martin has been excellent around the place and I can't fault him. Just that I've now signed a CB I believe we needed in Steven MacMillan who brings an Ariel presence and good on the deck.

Like every other manager I have to make decisions based on what I think is best for the team. Martin has been excellent around the place and I can't fault him. Just that I've now signed a CB I believe we needed in Steven MacMillan who brings an Ariel presence and good on the deck.

Brings a bit of Bo’ness to your team too! [emoji4][emoji122]

INTERESTING NEWPAPER ARTICLE ON THE EAST SPLIT

Scottish Junior Football Association secretary Tom Johnston admits they didn’t do enough to convince Junior clubs in the east to stay, although he doesn’t know what more they could have done.

Junior football in the east has changed drastically with 24 clubs having signed up for the East of Scotland League as of next season. Every club east of West Lothian has departed, leaving behind an association mainly comprised of Fife and Tayside based clubs.

The format of the East Juniors for next season is still to be rubber-stamped by administrators, but the Evening News understands a regionalised structure of three leagues will be put in place.

Johnston, secretary of the SJFA, says Junior football still has a future, although he says they’ll learn a lot from the east exodus.

“We’ll just continue as we have done before,” said Johnston. “It might be a depleted East Region we have, but we are still very strong in the north and the west. We will continue as we have done previously.

“It’s disappointing to see all these clubs leaving, especially seeing as they have been around for a long, long time as Junior clubs. If that’s what they want to do... it’s really entirely up to them. We’ll focus on the teams that remain and we’ll march on.

“It seems to have been a kind of domino effect recently, a lot of clubs left because of others. I don’t know what we could have done about that. We’ll look at it and we’ll learn. From what remains, we’ll try and make that stronger.”

Johnston is confident west clubs won’t end up joining an equivalent league, with plans still in place to bring the Juniors in line with the SFA’s Pyramid.

He continued: “If we get in at tier 6 in the Pyramid, I don’t think there would be any requirement for them to leave. What they have got there in the west is a pretty strong organisation, so I don’t see the same applying in the west.

“We’ll learn from the situation in the east and we’ll make improvements and we’ll take it forward.

“Obviously we didn’t do enough to convince clubs to stay in the Juniors, but I don’t know what else we could have done. I went out and met the clubs and talked with them. Even up until the rest of the clubs started pulling out, we had conviction from them that they would continue. People changed their mind at the last minute, so I don’t know how we would have been expected to cater or cope with that.”

Delighted to announce that we have agreed the signing of Joe McCafferty from wishaw juniors. Joe is a cm with an eye for goal and will be a great asset to us after a fantastic season at wishaw IMG-20180612-WA0034.thumb.jpg.d9df95923be42b05daf61246a767c673.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

25 yard zingers [emoji108][emoji108][emoji108]

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Archived