Fauldhouse United 2017/18

Derek Sharp

Good point PJS the double save in 1st half from JC was vital especially at a time when Bathgate were having the best of the play. Good to see the defence recover well from the mistake in 1st half that led to Bathgate's goal and thought they looked very solid in 2nd half.  JC was spot on in saying we were bit flat 1st half but 2nd half lads stepped up the pace and had good possession and were a lot more composed at passing which caused Bathgate lots of problems. Good to see Jack and Messi on score-sheet again after injuries so confidence will be high.

Overall great 3 points in the sun yesterday and with results elsewhere going Hoose way a great day overall. Well done to each and everyone of the lads!

Good luck to the lads on Wednesday at Glenrothes in keeping the current form going. 5 games to go to get the runners-up place.....GO THE HOOSE!!!

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EXTRACT FROM TOFFEE FAN'S POST ON MUSSELBURGH PAGES
After the jubilation of Saturday the players return to Olivebank for the final home match of the season.

Fauldhouse are the opponents and still lots to play for. Musselburgh looking for point(s) to set a new premier league record and to remain undefeated at home this season. Fauldhouse look to secure 2nd place in the league ahead of Haddington.

Must be one of the most important matches this season so hope a good crowd comes along to watch.

JC'S REPLY ON MUSSELBURGH PAGES

I can confirm we will be giving you boys a guard of honour before kick off emoji106.png

Very nice and totally professional gesture JC to give Mussy the credit they deserve!! Well done!! Good luck to the lads at Glenrothes tomorrow night who I'm sure will give us a hard game especially after their impressive 5-1 win away at Bathgate last night. GO THE HOOSE!!

4 massive games to go. None bigger than the champions mussleburgh on Saturday. I couldn't be any more prouder of my players. The bond they have for a FULL new team is amazing and that bond is digging out results.

9 hours ago, jc1 said:

4 massive games to go. None bigger than the champions mussleburgh on Saturday. I couldn't be any more prouder of my players. The bond they have for a FULL new team is amazing and that bond is digging out results.

Great result at Glenrothes last night JC. Well done to all the Hoose lads who as you say are certainly gelling together really well as a team and putting in the efforts to win games and get the 3 points. Great to see this never say die attitude!! Fab!

Mussy on Sat will be as you say another challenge as indeed will all 4 of our remaining games but if the lads show the same level of application, attitude and desire then "bring them on". Looking at our past games at Mussy it's vital that the lads maintain their discipline as we over the years have been involved in many a tough physical encounter and I remember too well having players sent off and ending up losing games. Looking forward to the game on Saturday against the well deserved league champions....

4 to go....C'MON THE HOOSE!!

The sun's out again today, royal wedding, cup finals but don't forget Musselburgh v Fauldhouse!! Another massive game for the Hoose today and lets hope the lads put on another good team performance to help get some points in the bag again. Never an easy place to go and get a result but let's hope....4 games to go....completely in our own hands to get runners-up spot...so GO THE HOOSE!!

Gutted to confirm jc Hutchison season is over due to ankle ligament damage and swollen Achilles. I need to play tomorrow due to being a cup game as trialists can't play. And I'll access the gk situation for the last 3 games after tomorrow night

9 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Gutted to confirm jc Hutchison season is over due to ankle ligament damage and swollen Achilles. I need to play tomorrow due to being a cup game as trialists can't play. And I'll access the gk situation for the last 3 games after tomorrow night

Saw him limping in the 2nd half. Hope he gets the rest/treatment required and is able to make a return early next season. 

All best to the Hoose tomorrow night!

How many in that league will even be in the Juniors come August?
To be honest I don't have a clue and not being disrespectful but don't care as my aim since day one has been 1 of the 2 automatic promotion places.

4 minutes ago, jc1 said:
6 minutes ago, Glenconner said:
How many in that league will even be in the Juniors come August?

To be honest I don't have a clue and not being disrespectful but don't care as my aim since day one has been 1 of the 2 automatic promotion places.

I agree Jon. That scenario will take care of itself after season end. 

Think most, if not all clubs concentrated on this year as Super League is where all teams should strive to be a part of! Musselburgh have achieved that aim and now between Fauldhouse and Haddington for 2nd place.

Well done to my players last night for a great response after the disappointment of Saturday. Losing by a single goal to a top side like Bonnyrigg Rose is absolutely no disgrace

11 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Well done to my players last night for a great response after the disappointment of Saturday. Losing by a single goal to a top side like Bonnyrigg Rose is absolutely no disgrace

Certainly gave Bonnyrigg a run for their money .

10 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Include yourself in that.

One save in particular in the second half where you tipped it over the bar was outstanding.

Banter was good as always .

33 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Cheers mate Bonnyrigg fans were brilliant refreshing to have a laugh and not get personal

That's what junior football should be about..but we do ..like all clubs have our share of idiots who only seem to appear at away games in the junior cup...good luck in the future..by the way your goalkeeper was worth the entrance money last night.

That's what junior football should be about..but we do ..like all clubs have our share of idiots who only seem to appear at away games in the junior cup...good luck in the future..by the way your goalkeeper was worth the entrance money last night.
Hahahaha that was me [emoji85]

Archived