Fauldhouse United 2017/18

Derek Sharp

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hoose down to 4th now in the league, albeit the top of the league is close and Fauldhouse have games in hand. However, you want a dry spell soon, as more postponed matches may be to your disadvantage at season end, if having to play catch up.

5 hours ago, RobM said:

That pitch is going to cost Fauldhouse, heading towards, Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, Saturday stuff at the end of the seasonif you can't get it sorted.

I am of the same opinion, also affects momentum and competive match sharpness.  The pitch for whatever reason cannot cope with adverse weather. But the Management team and officials are in a no win situation, when home advantage was recently given to the opposition there were a few rumbles amongst the natives. I took in the Harthill / Whitburn game instead yesterday which was played on a pitch that resembled a farmers field, not much football played,  ball was just getting launched. 

Hopefully get a run of games soon... Looking forward to seeing the new signings at Park View 

Friendly today Fauldhouse 4 Forth 3 good run out for both teams :thumsup2

It was a good run out boys got valuable game time but we just need a run of competitive games now. Thanks to Jamie and forth for the game.

Scorers were Jack currie x3 and Ben Magee

8 hours ago, RobM said:

That pitch is going to cost Fauldhouse, heading towards, Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, Saturday stuff at the end of the seasonif you can't get it sorted.

It's no the pitch everybody knows what weather's like up here.cannae remember as bad a winter as we usually get a couple o games on but every confidence in jc and the boys Mon the hoose.

42 minutes ago, hooseman said:

It's no the pitch everybody knows what weather's like up here.cannae remember as bad a winter as we usually get a couple o games on but every confidence in jc and the boys Mon the hoose.

Unfortunately, you can’t escape the fact that it is your pitch. When we played at Parkview earlier in season it was very heavy and this was after it had been verti drained. You have had a few games postponed recently, as have others, but as other teams have found out in the past, including our team last year, if you have to play lots of matches towards season end, you don’t always the the points you wish / require.

The Hoose are still up there in the mix, but all connected at Fauldhouse will be hoping your pitch dries up soon. I wish you all the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the adverse weather conditions we have a provisional friendly against Newmains on SUNDAY 2pm ko at ravenscraig indoor pitch if we are both off on Saturday. Also we play against Airdrie at their stadium next Wednesday night 7.30pm ko

• 2 weeks later...

Went along today, lasted about an hour, bailed early - I was a frozen snotter !!

You dinnae half miss the drama that the Junior Game brings....

Important win today all the same, given the long lay-off the players fitness has been managed well, most looking very sharp.

Just before I left I witnessed an unbelievable save where the SA keeper tipped the ball over the bar from close range. I was in the seating area behind the goals and saw it full view/close range. They’d be talking about that for weeks in the seniors. Very modest friendly GK - good to see.

Would be great to go on another lengthy run of positive results and climb back up the table.

Went along today, lasted about an hour, bailed early - I was a frozen snotter !!
You dinnae half miss the drama that the Junior Game brings....
Important win today all the same, given the long lay-off the players fitness has been managed well, most looking very sharp.
Just before I left I witnessed an unbelievable save where the SA keeper tipped the ball over the bar from close range. I was in the seating area behind the goals and saw it full view/close range. They’d be talking about that for weeks in the seniors. Very modest friendly GK - good to see.
Would be great to go on another lengthy run of positive results and climb back up the table.

World class save he had a great one first half too I was impressed with him

Archived