Fauldhouse United 2017/18

Derek Sharp

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, jc1 said:

Unbelievable team spirit today nowhere near our best but 3pts was the most important thing and what a way to do it. These boys don't know how to give up love it

spot oan big yin fae 2 nil up tae 3-2 doon n then winnin 4-3 says it awe the hoose lads pit anither shift in richt oot the top drawer tae get a massive three points oan the day weel dun tae awebuddy connectit wae the hoose aye n things r hottin up nicely fir the visit o the burra in a fortnight mon the hoose

2 hours ago, brycey said:

spot oan big yin fae 2 nil up tae 3-2 doon n then winnin 4-3 says it awe the hoose lads pit anither shift in richt oot the top drawer tae get a massive three points oan the day weel dun tae awebuddy connectit wae the hoose aye n things r hottin up nicely fir the visit o the burra in a fortnight mon the hoose

spot on Brycey...things hotting up for the burra visit! Bring them on! See you behind the goals mate.

Go the Hoose!

13 hours ago, jc1 said:

Unbelievable team spirit today nowhere near our best but 3pts was the most important thing and what a way to do it. These boys don't know how to give up love it

Couple of great saves yesterday. Well done. Hard one for us to take

9 hours ago, fu punter said:

spot on Brycey...things hotting up for the burra visit! Bring them on! See you behind the goals mate.

Go the Hoose!

aye bring it oan buddy

20 minutes ago, brycey said:

aye bring it oan buddy

Brycey - am beginning to wonder if you and that nice (?) fellow fu, are one and the same person, though the way the pair of you differ in your writing techniques, maybe I am wrong with that one!

However, you write; bring it oan, with fu saying bring them on. What’s all that about? You both seem to say that you want a battle, but surely we should both want a clean game, with the most skill full team winning, as long as it is the team from the East!

Hopefully I will see you at the match, and will shake your hand if we win or if we win! Awra best mate!

COPY OF MATCH REPORT COURTESY OF DUNBAR'S WEBSITE

Dunbar United 3 Fauldhouse United 4 
Back to League business for Dunbar with a visit from second placed Fauldhouse United who in the bookmakers opinion were outright favourites to win comfortably. Only the one change in the Dunbar starting eleven with Zach Szemis replacing Kevin Smith in defence. On a cold but sunny Autumnal afternoon it was the visitors who took the game to Dunbar from the start and three corners in the first few minutes proved they meant business with Steven Tait heading a goalbound Dean Currie header off the line from one of the corners. Fauldhouse continued to press and they took the lead in the 6th minute when a Samuel Watson cross from the right was volleyed into the net by Jamie MacLeod after some hesitancy in the Dunbar defence. Darren Handling sent in a teasing cross for Dunbar which was narrowly missed by Steven Tait with the Fauldhouse defence static. The visitors went further ahead in the 19th minute when Dunbar’s goalkeeper John Johnstone had his clearance charged down and Matthew Bennett had the easiest of tasks to slot the ball into the empty net. Dunbar to their credit upped their game and Fraser McLaren forced Hutchinson in the Faudlhouse goal to turn his shot round for a corner. McLaren ran clear minutes later with Ballantyne waiting to pounce but a Fauldhouse defender cut the pass off at the last minute. However the Dunbar pressure paid off in the 26th minute when Dean Ballantyne found Steven Kean inside the penalty box and the Dunbar defender was unceremoniously upended by a Fauldhouse defender resulting in a Dunbar penalty. Chris King sent the Fauldhouse keeper the wrong way from the spot kick and Dunbar were back in the game. Kevin Motion fired over the bar and Dean Ballantyne had a lob saved on the line as Dunbar looked for the equaliser before Kevin Motion picked up a caution for a tackle in midfield. Dunbar continued to press and a Kevin Motion free kick was headed goalwards by Steven Tait forcing Hutchinson into another good save. Dean Ballantyne set Steven Tait up after beating two defenders but again the chance went amiss. In their next attack Steven Kean crossed for Dean Ballantyne to head goalwards but again his effort was thwarted by the Fauldhouse keeper and Ballantyne himself went close after outpacing the Fauldhouse defence. Jamie MacLeod might have done better for Fauldhouse after his effort went over the bar but right on the half time whistle Dunbar equalised after some good work from Fraser McLaren his pass found Darren Handling who slipped the ball to Dean Ballantyne and the youngster fired low into the net for a well deserved Dunbar equaliser.
Jamie MacLeod limped off for the visitors just after the restart and was replaced by Dean Arrol but surprisingly it was Dunbar who still looked the more dangerous side and Dean Ballantyne had two goalbound efforts saved by the visitors keeper. In the 54th minute Chris King was fouled wide left and his well flighted free kick was headed strongly into the net by Darren Handling to give the hosts a 3-2 lead. Currie headed a Fauldhouse free kick over the bar as they looked for an equaliser and the Dunbar lead lasted seven minutes before the game was tied at 3-3 after some hesitancy in the Dunbar defence allowed the ball to fall to David Dunn who fired a fierce left footer home from twenty yards. Dean Ballantyne picked up a booking for dissent before Kevin Motion picked up a second yellow in the 68th minute resulting in Dunbar playing out the last twenty two minutes with only ten men. Not the most ideal of situations against their second placed opponents but after some reshuffling in the Dunbar side the hosts almost scored again when Ballantyne set up Darren Handling but his shot agonisingly went inches wide. With the game fizzling out in what looked like a share of the points Fauldhouse clinched the winner three minutes into injury time after Dean Arrol stroked home at the back post following a cross from the right. No time for a Dunbar comeback with the referee blowing up for full time almost immediately and another really cruel blow to the Dunbar side who matched their high flying opponents throughout making mockery of the bookmakers odds at the start of the game and finally succumbing to yet another injury time winner. A really entertaining game for any neutral supporter but hard to take for the Dunbar faithful. Another break from League duty next weekend when Dunbar travel to Coupar Angus for a Third Round East of Scotland Cup tie and hopefully they will return to winning ways !!
Dunbar United :- John Johnstone, Steven Kean, Steven Tait, Grant Thomson, Chris Moffat, Zach Szemis, Chris King, Kevin Motion, Fraser McLaren, Dean Ballantyne, Darren Handling. Substitutes :- Sam Young, Keith Tait, Chris Hogg, Kevin Smith, Liam McCathie.
Fauldhouse United :- John Hutchinson, Samuel Watson, James Brown, Chris Patrick, Dean Currie, David Dunn, David O’Donnell, Aiden Ward, Jack Currie, Jamie MacLeod, Matthew Bennett. Substitutes ;- Dean Arrol, Declan Brady, Martin Brogan, Jake Coulter, Ben Magee.
Referee :- Michael Addy

Saturday brings a wee break from league business for the Hoose as we welcome Luncarty to Park View in the East of Scotland Cup.

Hope once again the weather helps the park as its important to keep the squad match fit ahead of the visit of Musselburgh the following week.

With Luncarty currently top of their league it should be another good test for the Hoose.

Good luck to all the lads! Go the Hoose!!

8 hours ago, fu punter said:

Saturday brings a wee break from league business for the Hoose as we welcome Luncarty to Park View in the East of Scotland Cup.

Hope once again the weather helps the park as its important to keep the squad match fit ahead of the visit of Musselburgh the following week.

With Luncarty currently top of their league it should be another good test for the Hoose.

Good luck to all the lads! Go the Hoose!!

Morning fu - hope you are good!

I could come on and say that I hope Luncarty leave Fauldhouse on Saturday evening, having sprung a shock result!

However, I aint going to do so. Really hope your team win, as with my team, at home to Crossgates in the same competition.

Then, when we meet a week on Saturday - both teams would go into the match with confidence, and we are then entertained for the full 90 minutes.

I always feel that my team will win each week. Last year, that bit me in the bum a good few times. This year, luckily, my confidence has proved to be right.

I am equally sure that you are also confident in the Hoose winning the league match. So, at end of match - whatever the result, I will still shake your hand - maybe tighter if we don't win!!

See you soon.

I always said you were very respectful towards the Hoose Casey! However I hope you leave Park View with a sore hand next Saturday after the Burgh visit us!

Look forward to seeing you behind the goals tho! Go the Hoose!

ps..good luck this Sat!

On 11/5/2017 at 18:14, Toffee fan said:

Brycey - am beginning to wonder if you and that nice (?) fellow fu, are one and the same person, though the way the pair of you differ in your writing techniques, maybe I am wrong with that one!

However, you write; bring it oan, with fu saying bring them on. What’s all that about? You both seem to say that you want a battle, but surely we should both want a clean game, with the most skill full team winning, as long as it is the team from the East!

Hopefully I will see you at the match, and will shake your hand if we win or if we win! Awra best mate!

am brycey thru n thru m8 luke hear noo this is gonna b the biggest game in west lothian nxt seturday of corse its bring them on lol a hope its a crackin game we awe dae a hud a shufty at yous in ur narrow win at tranent n wis impressed tho um share the t wer sposored wae eesy jet evrythin fae them wis a big hoof up the park tae a wee centre lol onyway njoy ur run in the league brother cos ur biggest test is still tae cum against hurford in the scottish mon the hoose n mon the ford lol

9 hours ago, brycey said:

am brycey thru n thru m8 luke hear noo this is gonna b the biggest game in west lothian nxt seturday of corse its bring them on lol a hope its a crackin game we awe dae a hud a shufty at yous in ur narrow win at tranent n wis impressed tho um share the t wer sposored wae eesy jet evrythin fae them wis a big hoof up the park tae a wee centre lol onyway njoy ur run in the league brother cos ur biggest test is still tae cum against hurford in the scottish mon the hoose n mon the ford lol

Ha ha, that was a good one about easy jet! Have to say brycey that Tranent are not a patch of team, (play wise) that Musselburgh played in the cup last season. After winning 2 cups, they were rightly given one of the favourite tabs for this season in the league. However, they were disappointing that day and Mussy should have won by a clear 3 or 4 goals.

Looking forward to the big test next week against The Hoose. However, we will need to play much better than we did today or we could easily face our 1st defeat in the league. Better to have an off day, today, and get it out of our system, as we will need to be at our best for next week - weather permitting?!

1 hour ago, Toffee fan said:

Ha ha, that was a good one about easy jet! Have to say brycey that Tranent are not a patch of team, (play wise) that Musselburgh played in the cup last season. After winning 2 cups, they were rightly given one of the favourite tabs for this season in the league. However, they were disappointing that day and Mussy should have won by a clear 3 or 4 goals.

Looking forward to the big test next week against The Hoose. However, we will need to play much better than we did today or we could easily face our 1st defeat in the league. Better to have an off day, today, and get it out of our system, as we will need to be at our best for next week - weather permitting?!

fingers crossed wae the park nxt saturday n lets hope its a crackin game buddy mon the hoose

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 21:33, brycey said:

fingers crossed wae the park nxt saturday n lets hope its a crackin game buddy mon the hoose

Fingers crossed indeed Brycey....lets hope the game goes ahead on Sat as it should be a cracking match.

Bring on the Mussy and Go The Hoose!!

4 hours ago, jc1 said:

I've got to praise the efforts of the committee at the club for their constant work on the pitch to get it ready for Saturday

Well said JC! Easy to forget and underestimate the efforts made by many week in week out to try to get the park playable. 100% agree!!

Go the Hoose!!

Archived