Fauldhouse United 2017/18

Derek Sharp

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very proud of the boys today. We didn't turn up first half and gifted the first 2 goals imo. The sending off in the second half was nothing short of embarrassing. Kicking the ball towards their player who moves out the way of it and it hits the lino is judged to be violent conduct!!! If we appeal such a ridiculous decision then run risk of losing him for double that. No4 for Bonnyrigg tells the ref to 'f**k OFF' 4 times without any caution. Yet I shout this is embarrassing to the ref he sends me to the changing room. No warning or explanation just go to the building for me. [emoji34][emoji34][emoji34][emoji34][emoji34]

2 hours ago, jc1 said:

Lack of disapline evident? You serious????

I’ll be interested to see the highlights because I thought he aimed the ball in the direction of the Bonnyrigg player with a fair amount of force, but possibly not blasted.

unlucky, harsh, perhaps but he didn’t have to do it.

that aside I thought fauldhouse played their part in a cracking cup tie - all the best to fauldhouse for the rest of the season.

I’ll be interested to see the highlights because I thought he aimed the ball in the direction of the Bonnyrigg player with a fair amount of force, but possibly not blasted.
that aside I thought fauldhouse played their part in a cracking cup tie - all the best to fauldhouse for the rest of the season.

Agreed and same to yourselves mate

the hoose lads were a credit tae the club today diggin deep when gaun doon tae 10 men n bringin the game back to 2-2  two top drawer saves fae jc then oo get pipped wae the third yin the spirit tae a man wis there fir awe tae c today onwards tae dunbar nxt week mon the hoose 

Now that I've calmed down...

Today I was proud of my players and everyone at the club. From the work to get the game on to the absolute desire and work rate from the players. We now regroup take the hurt of today and turn it in to motivation for the league

2 hours ago, jc1 said:

He was outstanding

Here here...he certainly was! However all players showed a tremendous fighting spirit today and IMO I thought on the 2nd half performance we merited a draw. New signing Chris Patrick fitted in well also and the goal by Dunny was just amazing!

The officials also failed to spot a hand ball in the late move (just before Bonnyrigg scored their 3rd) just at the edge of the 6yard box.....although I don't think the linesman would have been able to see it! 

Well done and all the best to Bonnyrigg but Go The Hoose as we travel to Dunbar next week.

Here here...he certainly was! However all players showed a tremendous fighting spirit today and IMO I thought on the 2nd half performance we merited a draw. New signing Chris Patrick fitted in well also and the goal by Dunny was just amazing!
The officials also failed to spot a hand ball in the late move (just before Bonnyrigg scored their 3rd) just at the edge of the 6yard box.....although I don't think the linesman would have been able to see it! 
Well done and all the best to Bonnyrigg but Go The Hoose as we travel to Dunbar next week.

Today if anything shows we have progressed as a TEAM the support today for us was greatly appreciated

4 hours ago, BS7 said:

Totally agree BS7 made the same point straight after the game. but I was asked if I was being serious and looking for a bite !!      I have just seen the highlights, absolutely no need for it !! Why hit the ball at all ? Why no just side foot it ? Confirms my point ! Looking at this impartially the referee had a decision to make... yes a red card was certainly extreme, but it’s simple, stay disciplined and don’t give the referee and linesman a decision to make !!

Totally agree BS7 made the same point straight after the game. but I was asked if I was being serious and looking for a bite !!      I have just seen the highlights, absolutely no need for it !! Why hit the ball at all ? Why no just side foot it ? Confirms my point ! Looking at this impartially the referee had a decision to make... yes a red card was certainly extreme, but it’s simple, stay disciplined and don’t give the referee and linesman a decision to make !!

When you say a lack of disapline is evident that insinuated there's a disapline problem in the team which there ain't. I'll defend every single player in my dressing room who give everything for the club and it showed today.

12 minutes ago, jc1 said:

When you say a lack of disapline is evident that insinuated there's a disapline problem in the team which there ain't. I'll defend every single player in my dressing room who give everything for the club and it showed today.

I take and accept your point, the isolated incident could have been avoided. Yes the lads showed tremendous character and togetherness today. My original post had a host of positives, Today it was clear to all the  Hoose punters that they have a team who will battle as a unit to the very end.

All the players can hold their heads high thoroughly enjoyed the game in windy conditions,a draw would have been a fair result,the red card was a terrible decision by the ref going by the reaction of the players and fans from both teams nobody thought it was a red :thumbsdown

League is the bread and butter for us. Hopefully after yesterday it makes us stronger as a TEAM and kicks us on. Again Bonnyrigg Rose were a class act on and off the pitch yesterday and I wish the every success for the rest of the season.

Archived