Fauldhouse United 2017/18

Derek Sharp

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only positive from today is it's a point away from home. I'm not going to be too hard on my boys we are a brand new squad still learning about each other ECT there will be games it doesn't click that's just football. We work hard and focus on thornton next week now

46 minutes ago, jc1 said:

Only positive from today is it's a point away from home. I'm not going to be too hard on my boys we are a brand new squad still learning about each other ECT there will be games it doesn't click that's just football. We work hard and focus on thornton next week now

Positives today IMO was the overall performance of the defence as they looked solid all game. I felt some of them had their best game in a Hoose shirt that I have seen.

Yes disappointed in not getting a win but the Haddington keeper had 3 great saves to day and both Sammy and Ben came close with headers. Had the forwards "clicked" today and had that wee bit of luck then I'm sure we would've got all 3 points. On a few occasions today I felt that had we taken that quick shot at goal rather than hesitate and take another touch then it may have paid dividends.  

Overall it was a very open and end to end game despite having no goals and I agree fully JC....you shouldn't be too hard on the lads. Thornton at home next week....lets go for it!!

Go the Hoose!!

56 minutes ago, fu punter said:

Positives today IMO was the overall performance of the defence as they looked solid all game. I felt some of them had their best game in a Hoose shirt that I have seen.

Yes disappointed in not getting a win but the Haddington keeper had 3 great saves to day and both Sammy and Ben came close with headers. Had the forwards "clicked" today and had that wee bit of luck then I'm sure we would've got all 3 points. On a few occasions today I felt that had we taken that quick shot at goal rather than hesitate and take another touch then it may have paid dividends.  

Overall it was a very open and end to end game despite having no goals and I agree fully JC....you shouldn't be too hard on the lads. Thornton at home next week....lets go for it!!

Go the Hoose!!

defo a fair reflection o the game today fu punter was aways gonna b a tight game this n lots oh positives fae the hoose lads who awe pit a guid shift in oan the day mon the hoose 

2 hours ago, jc1 said:

Good of you coming on and giving your view after a match Jc!

Thats 2 weeks in the row that Haddington has played a top 2 team at home, and not conceded a goal in 90 minutes. Haddington are undefeated in 6 home league matches this season, so no team is going to get an easy match at Millfield.

You’ve got to be proud of what Fauldhouse has done this season, so far.

4 minutes ago, brycey said:

defo a fair reflection o the game today fu punter was aways gonna b a tight game this n lots oh positives fae the hoose lads who awe pit a guid shift in oan the day mon the hoose 

so yea ave nae emigratit Brycey! A mis yer posts oan p&b! Hope yea njoyed the match at hiddenton the day!

Good of you coming on and giving your view after a match Jc!
Thats 2 weeks in the row that Haddington has played a top 2 team at home, and not conceded a goal in 90 minutes. Haddington are undefeated in 6 home league matches this season, so no team is going to get an easy match at Millfield.
You’ve got to be proud of what Fauldhouse has done this season, so far.

Boys have been tremendous for me so far attitudes have been great. I still feel we are maybe 1 or 2 short but I think most managers feel the same about their squads myself my staff and players will continue to work hard to improve and try give our fans a team to be proud of

3 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

so yea ave nae emigratit Brycey! A mis yer posts oan p&b! Hope yea njoyed the match at hiddenton the day!

Good to see you have a sense of humour Casey and nice to hear your views on the boss JC being honest about things and taking am interest in the Hoose!

Good result for Mussy today which in many ways wasn't too bad for the Hoose from purely a promotion point of view and also given results elsewhere!

7 minutes ago, fu punter said:

Good to see you have a sense of humour Casey and nice to hear your views on the boss JC being honest about things and taking am interest in the Hoose!

Good result for Mussy today which in many ways wasn't too bad for the Hoose from purely a promotion point of view and also given results elsewhere!

Apart from Fauldhouse, we’ve played the next top 4 teams this season, and due to play Tranent away in the league next week. On reflection (so far!) I think that the current top 3, Musselburgh, Fauldhouse and Haddington will remain in the top 3, at the end of the season. Maybe not in the same positions, but hopefully all 3 will be in the Super League next year. Still 2/3rds of season to go, so we’ll see if I am correct or not!

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 23:40, Casey Jones said:

Apart from Fauldhouse, we’ve played the next top 4 teams this season, and due to play Tranent away in the league next week. On reflection (so far!) I think that the current top 3, Musselburgh, Fauldhouse and Haddington will remain in the top 3, at the end of the season. Maybe not in the same positions, but hopefully all 3 will be in the Super League next year. Still 2/3rds of season to go, so we’ll see if I am correct or not!

If you are correct in your Top 3 making it to the Super League, I don't think any Hoose fans would complain Casey. Based on teams I've seen so far this season I would have to say that I don't think that Blackburn or Tranent will be too far away either as both will be difficult to beat on their home grounds.

It will be interesting to see how Mussy get on at Tranent on Saturday and to see if you can match our narrow win there. Good luck!

The weather this week may affect a few matches at the weekend if the forecasters are correct, so here's hoping that the rain this week is kind to Park View!! Go the Hoose!!

Hopefully bossman JC will have a full squad to select from for tomorrows home league game v Thornton Hibs, with David Dunn's 2 game suspension now served.

Fingers crossed also that the weather overnight (no more rain please!) doesn't affect the Park View surface too much. Looking forward to yet another good hard and entertaining game with the Hoose hopefully maintaining their good run. 

It will also be interesting to see how Mussy get on away at Tranent in what should also be a tough match and here's hoping that local rivals Whitburn and Bathgate can maybe help us with positive results against both Haddington and Tayport? You can but hope!

Roll on 2:30 tomorrow....Good luck to JC and the lads.....Go The Hoose!!  

5 hours ago, fu punter said:

Hopefully bossman JC will have a full squad to select from for tomorrows home league game v Thornton Hibs, with David Dunn's 2 game suspension now served.

Fingers crossed also that the weather overnight (no more rain please!) doesn't affect the Park View surface too much. Looking forward to yet another good hard and entertaining game with the Hoose hopefully maintaining their good run. 

It will also be interesting to see how Mussy get on away at Tranent in what should also be a tough match and here's hoping that local rivals Whitburn and Bathgate can maybe help us with positive results against both Haddington and Tayport? You can but hope!

Looking forward to the match tomorrow fu. Our last match against Tranent was the Semi-final of the Fife and Lothians Cup in May. As you will remember Tranent beat us on penalties, and went on to win the cup. So Tranent will be confident, I am sure, that they can get a quick double - this time at their own ground. 

I suppose it is up to Musselburgh to ensure that doesn't happen! Our best form has been away this season, so I hope that remains the same at 4:20pm tomorrow afternoon.

All the best to The Hoose as well!

We have a full squad also can announce today we completed the signing of Chrissy Patrick from whitburn juniors on a 2yr contract. Chrissy is a versatile hard working/tackling midfielder who I wanted at start of the season delighted to have him on board

On 10/14/2017 at 23:12, fu punter said:

Cheers Brycey! Agree a good shift was put in by the lads today today.  Good to see you at todays game ...hope you can make it through for the Bonnyrigg game?

aye al defo b throo fir the bonnyrigg game a belter o a cup tie in the makin this mon the hoose

On 10/14/2017 at 23:15, Casey Jones said:

a tight affair brother so it wis micht hae a wee trip doon tae the t on saturday tae cast ma eye oor the mussy lads 

Archived